Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a clueless player. Ange will be more pissed off not getting a cleansheet then winning 4 nil. The sort of manager he is
Haha you think? I reckon he'd be more annoyed they didn't score 7. For all that they scored they still blew alot aswell

He’s a clueless player. Ange will be more pissed off not getting a cleansheet then winning 4 nil. The sort of manager he is
Nah not a chance. Way we've been going he'd rather we score multiple goals and concede late.

The 2nd and 3rd goals today we should have scored in 2 defeats.

He said as much during the week. Playing well is getting 3 nil ahead and then control the game and if we concede from there we should still win the game

And how many of those guys are injured? And how many average players do they still have? They're struggling with injuries and playing more games this season, happens to some teams who probably weren't ready but doesn't make them one season wonders.

Also Everton didn't have a lot of injuries and no one is saying Newcastle didn't buy players. Be objective
Their injuries are unlucky, as they are there for all teams. My original comment said they overachieved last season and are feeling the affects of it (Increased schedule). So I'm very aware they've got injuries (As mentioned in my OP) & they're playing more games.

I then responded to Ricci's comment: "Haven’t really brought anyone either." Highlighted that they have spent plenty, that's it.

I didn't mention that their spending has meant they can escape injury/squad concerns, not many teams outside of maybe City/Liverpool/Arsenal can.

Newcastle spent a lot the last two seasons, achieved UCL but now their schedule is catching up to them. They've still spent though.

We are still trash, not surprised. Sack the owners, not the coach.
Nah. Keep them. Only another 20 players to buy.

Decent side but you lack that outlet up top. Midfield is a bit meh too, too many similar players/average. Gallagher is not a top midfielder, Enzo is not a creator, seems to be like a Bruno and try the 1 in a million balls rather than simple and Caicedo doesn't seem to work in this team with Enzo.

How's an Everton fan giving s**t for spending lol. Didn't they spend like 500m to be a relegation team
How am I giving s**t for spending? I respond to someone saying they haven't spent, by suggesting they have.

That's it. Am I getting massively gaslit right now? Lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relative to the Saudi spending power they haven't spent s**t
Yeah and that's quite terrifying, no? Ironically, being an Everton fan, FFP means they cannot really go to ham anyway.

Also frankly, if they CAN spend due to increased revenue streams (Which they'll have now due to UCL), then all power to them. Everton under Moshiri did it the wrong way, we splurged without the revenue streams hoping to leap into the Top 4 and copped the consequences when we didn't.

No issue with them spending if they're allowed to.

Yeah and that's quite terrifying, no? Ironically, being an Everton fan, FFP means they cannot really go to ham anyway.

Also frankly, if they CAN spend due to increased revenue streams (Which they'll have now due to UCL), then all power to them. Everton under Moshiri did it the wrong way, we splurged without the revenue streams hoping to leap into the Top 4 and copped the consequences when we didn't.

No issue with them spending if they're allowed to.
It's terrifying because they've done it so well. Rather than slashing cash on a bunch of guys who just want money they are slowly adding pieces to the team who want to be there.
Tonali aside they haven't really missed on anyone

I didn't mention that their spending has meant they can escape injury/squad concerns, not many teams outside of maybe City/Liverpool/Arsenal can.

We cant even cover for Rodri let alone anyone else.

Newcastle don't have the squad depth to cover for their current injuries, players look like they're running on empty.

A real shame
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

It's terrifying because they've done it so well. Rather than slashing cash on a bunch of guys who just want money they are slowly adding pieces to the team who want to be there.
Tonali aside they haven't really missed on anyone
Time will tell, I think their business has been good so far I agree but I also thought the same for a couple of Everton players that with time burned out.

Also just wanted to add since you brought up Everton's spending earlier, at no point did Everton breach 100m net spend in a season. Newcastle have done it two years in a row now, with one being 170m net spend. I think the most Everton spent in one season was 70m when Carlo arrived (The man would have demanded money be spent or he wouldn't have come).

Don't get me wrong, Everton spent wildly for years, did so poorly and without proper understanding of the consequences but there is a lot of misconception as well about our spending (Especially when our points deduction came out). We sold a LOT of really talented players for a lot of money throughout our spending sprees (John Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Richarlison etc). We've also now had 3 seasons in a row of transfer profits to fix our books.

Graham Potter says otherwise
Roman would have been so much more ruthless, Poch would have been sacked weeks/months ago too. Plus Romans squads were filled with experienced world class players, nowadays we are just the youngest team in the league and it shows

We arent a win at all costs club anymore, its about this stupid youf project.

Roman would have been so much more ruthless, Poch would have been sacked weeks/months ago too. Plus Romans squads were filled with experienced world class players, nowadays we are just the youngest team in the league and it shows

I agree.

But when was Potter sacked and where were you on the table?

Yeah saw someone say it somewhere but if Chelsea were still win at all costs you would have signed Osimhen, Maddison, Rice, De Gea etc in the last few windows. Chelsea don't care about winning, they care about how much the squads worth in 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back