Preview Changes and pre-match discussion for Round 4 vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hypocritical from the match selection. Media street from the club all week has been preaching we must defend as a team, yet only defenders have been axed?? No pressure up forward or in the midfield. Where is the accountability, no wonder supporters and players want Ken & Co out!!

And how on gods name does Duursma survive? subbed out yet stays in the side? Rioli hasn't got a defensive bone in his body, different rules for different players it seems??

The unreliability of Clurey in recent years and his failure to improve since turning 24 is another reflection of poor coaching.

I think it's more to do with meekness.

Think Collingwood last night proved the importance of structure particularly what happens with a non competitive ruck even with an elite midfield or a half decent tall defender who can at least go with a reasonably athletic tall forward. Their game panned out that similar to a Port losing game that I checked the Collingwood board to see if they had a Sack Ken thread up and running.

I’d play Lord in defence tomorrow he can do the best he can and whatever happens we’ll look better with some semblance of structure.

Think Collingwood last night proved the importance of structure particularly what happens with a non competitive ruck even with an elite midfield or a half decent tall defender who can at least go with a reasonably athletic tall forward. Their game panned out that similar to a Port losing game that I checked the Collingwood board to see if they had a Sack Ken thread up and running.

I’d play Lord in defence tomorrow he can do the best he can and whatever happens we’ll look better with some semblance of structure.
Lord's been pushed back forward and replaced in the backlines by teakle.

Lord will be delisted at seasons end and there's no point trying to persist with him.

well I’m glad DBJ is gone.

Jonas and Lycett really should have been dropped. They are both very average. Boak is also underdone.

It’s a tough ask with injuries and out of form players, but some really bad coaching has put them there.

Start with the spine - I’d like to see:

Def: Allir, Finlayson, Clurey
Ruck: Hayes
Forward: Dixon (second ruck), Marshall, Georgiades

When Pasini is ready, Finlayson to go to the bench, to play second ruck/multiple utility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they?

Rozee is a hit, but even any armchair Bigfooty recruiter knew you were picking between Rozee, Ben King and Bailey Smith at that pick so it would have been impossible to screw up. Butters, Duursma and Georgiades started off strongly but have stagnated. Bergman is going okay but I wouldn't say he's exceeding expectations. Dylan Williams looks a bust. Sinn is a mulligan at this stage. Lachie Jones should be playing country footy.

Marshall Spp drew. All wins at the picks we took them at.

Can’t complain about Hayes and Farrell at the late picks we took them at.

As a department I think it’s done very well.

My only gripes are we could have gone for more tall key defenders, and our use of the rookie list for low ceiling types… tho the use of the rookie list exactly mirrors Parker’s predecessor which says to me that Hinkley is the common factor there and the drafters are succumbing to the coaches request for immediate players at the rookie draft.

It’s no doubt already been mentioned after 18 pages, so apologies if this is a stale take,

But picking Jed McEntee, Jackson Mead and Dylan Williams after the events of the week sure seems like they’re trying to elicit a, “what’s poor Kenny™ supposed to do with the talent at his disposal? it’s not the SANFL anymore” pivot.

Here is our dilemma- Evans has shown Jack Sh:t up to now and I think McEntee deserves a chance ahead of him - at least for a change we are going with structure.
i disagree, when Evans came on in the last quarter against the Lions he was pretty lively. I thought he deserved a trip to Melbourne for the Collingwood game but was relegated to the B’s. McEntee/Evans? I think Jed won the toss of the selection coin.

i disagree, when Evans came on in the last quarter against the Lions he was pretty lively. I thought he deserved a trip to Melbourne for the Collingwood game but was relegated to the B’s. McEntee/Evans? I think Jed won the toss of the selection coin.
Wow, Evans had two whole disposals and stuffed one of them up. Couldn’t tackle to save himself. One score assist a player does not make.

Lord's been pushed back forward and replaced in the backlines by teakle.

Lord will be delisted at seasons end and there's no point trying to persist with him.
Teakle to the back lines is another desperate fix it and experimenting - but I think it is worth a go. Is that tall we need but also quite agile and I remember him having reasonable foot skills. Trying him and Lord just confirms how we stuffed up the back lines.

It’s no doubt already been mentioned after 18 pages, so apologies if this is a stale take,

But picking Jed McEntee, Jackson Mead and Dylan Williams after the events of the week sure seems like they’re trying to elicit a, “what’s poor Kenny™ supposed to do with the talent at his disposal? it’s not the SANFL anymore” pivot.
Easy one for tredrea to go for lol. They literally said best list ever before the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back