Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 23 vs. Carlton, Sun 21/08, 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Bianco, C.Brown, Inj Ginni.
In: Henry, Macrae, Degoey,

Sub : Charmicheal.

Yeah I’m going with this. JC doesn’t have the tank to see out full games just yet as was evident today. I hope we get JDG back at least. Also hope Ginnis injury isn’t that bad

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I wonder whether anybody will actually tip us after a loss?
I suspect not, they’ll want the bloozzz the darlings of the AFL to get up.
Let’s extinguish there hopes…

Thought we played pretty soft in the first half, lots of players zoning off and reaching with arms instead of taking bodies of Swans players in tackles.

This allowed them to just walk aroundbthem watch how many times Warner and co just fake a hand ball pie backs off and then he strolls through them.

Swans made us look quite little over the field tbh.
We also just kept going down the line skinny side to packs from the outset, same mistake we made Q1 vs Melbourne but this time the switch play didn't come.
The dare and run was nullified by tags on NDaics and Crisp. Swans also zoned the middle well forcing us wide given the lack of run from the mids and smalls this all played into their hands.

Second half we came out and started to play a more familiar brand left it a little too late.

Mihocek is not a sit under ball big forward, he is a lead up mark work horse. The way we move it to him vs Swans played into the bigger McCartneys hands.

Swans have some excellent youth with an excellent and enviable weights program, all their players are well built, explosive and agile. Hats off to them.

Thought we played pretty soft in the first half, lots of players zoning off and reaching with arms instead of taking bodies of Swans players in tackles.

This allowed them to just walk aroundbthem watch how many times Warner and co just fake a hand ball pie backs off and then he strolls through them.

Swans made us look quite little over the field tbh.
We also just kept going down the line skinny side to packs from the outset, same mistake we made Q1 vs Melbourne but this time the switch play didn't come.
The dare and run was nullified by tags on NDaics and Crisp. Swans also zoned the middle well forcing us wide given the lack of run from the mids and smalls this all played into their hands.

Second half we came out and started to play a more familiar brand left it a little too late.

Mihocek is not a sit under ball big forward, he is a lead up mark work horse. The way we move it to him vs Swans played into the bigger McCartneys hands.

Swans have some excellent youth with an excellent and enviable weights program, all their players are well built, explosive and agile. Hats off to them.

It was the same in the two's as well Loki....Swans were just much "bigger" all over the ground. I'd say their program is at least a year ahead of ours in terms of strength training so we've got some work coming up to catch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: J.DeGoey, F.Macrae
OUT: J.Carmichael, J.Ginnivan (injured)

B: N.Murphy, D.Moore, B.Maynard
HB: N.Daicos, J.Howe, I.Quaynor
C: S.Sidebottom, S.Pendlebury, J.Daicos
HF: B.McReery, B.Mihochek, P.Lipinski
F: J.Elliott, A.Johnson, W.Hoskin-Elliott
R: D.Cameron, J.DeGoey, J.Crisp
I: J.Noble, M.Cox, T.Bianco, F.Macrae

We were smashed around the contest today by their mids and it could be the same again next weekend given the Blues strength in the middle.

DeGoey should be back and I would be giving Macrae a crack at it given his form at VFL level and his ability inside.

Didn't watch the VFL, but looked like Henry was very quiet? I was tempted to include him, given we need some more aerial threats in the side.

Bianco (who i thought had some nice moments today) and Hosk (who did miss big chunks of the game) would be the other two i would consider omitting.
Degoey has to get up. If we lose on Sunday the season is over anyway. No good holding back for later unless he's absolutely cooked injury wise.

Who else is there, maybe Poulter. Bring him in would of preffered him to both Bianco and Brown today.

Brown was actually okay when he came on and Bianco played his usual 14 disposal solid role-player game. Both could be dropped along with Carmichae or McReery.

Still, with injuries I reckon it will be:

out: Ginnivan
in: Macrae.

Stability is pretty important at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back