Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, Currie most be close to slitting his wrists. Been waiting all this time to get the call up once they decide to rest to Goldy. This is his week, then gets the Daw slammed in his face.
Just coming back from a long injury. Im surprised he's even an emergency!

Ah, sweet, delicious opposition tears. I'm a fan of this move on that level alone.

And I love the phrase "bringing the game into disrepute". Sounds so indignant. Almost has a kind of medieval ring to it, like your being accused of witchcraft. (Or running a systematic doping program.)

Speaking of which, if the AFL has permitted it, and it doesn't involve injecting concrete or any other building materials in anyone's arse, then the other clubs can go and dumbstruck themselves.

Of course, we could be in a bit of hot water if WARPA (World Anti-Resting Players Agency) decides to appeal the AFL's decision.

Mcguire sticking up for us on MMM, Darcy sheeping along with him. Said he'd much prefer to watch 10 youngsters come in and bust a gut to impress and have a shot at making the finals side than a bunch of the older blokes trying not to injure themselves.

Gets one right every now and then does Eddie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give you another interesting scenario. Let's say we surprise everyone and start well, holding a handy lead after 1/4 time. Then Richmond finally overrun us to win by 20. The media will by looking with magnifying glass at all the moves Brad made during last quarter to see if he deliberately tanked. :)

The hysteria about this in the media has been absolutely laughable!

Should have heard Tim Watson :rolleyes: going on about it on SEN this morning. He said that James Brayshaw last night was trying to 'defend the indefensible' amongst a lot of other crap!

And the funny :rolleyes: thing about it is that they go on and on and on about it as if they think no-one has heard about it. Then ten minutes later they decide they'll have yet another sook about it!

LOL Mick Molloy going into full meltdown mode, I'll admit he got one laugh out of me when he said we should've been relocated to Dalesford.

God I hope we beat these pricks tonight.

I don't get why Richmond fans would be against this? They get a final round hit-out against a young, weaker bodied unit and what should be an easy win, avoiding having to travel to Adelaide. If they weren't so concerned with having to travel next week, I'm sure they would have rested players too.

I can not believe the carry on by the footy media and public over this. Do Adelaide seriously believe we would win if we played our best side. No way. This country is full of absolute imbeciles. Total and utter f***wits the lot of them.

It's AFL media. They need outrage. It's what they feed off of. If they don't have any, they make it up. If we lose by plenty we'll cop outrage. If we lose by not much...outrage at "if only they picked a decent side." If Richmond lose...outrage at being beaten by a reserves team. If we lose our final next week...outrage at not preparing properly. If we win our final...outrage that we manipulated this week to achieve it.

This story has outrage at so many levels. No wonder it has legs.

Last edited:
It's AFL media. They need outrage. It's what they feed off of. If they don't have any, they make it up. If we lose by plenty we'll cop outrage. If we lose by not much...outrage at "if only they picked a decent side." If Richmond lose...outrage at being beaten by a reserves team. If we lose our final next week...outrage at not preparing properly.

This story has outrage at so many levels. No wonder it has legs.
So true but I think we have done considerable damage to the club's image here. We look like cheats. That's not how I want my club to be know. At a time where we need to attract every new supporter we can we will go into the finals the most hated team. Does it matter? Maybe not. But at the end of the day we are cheats and that's not how I want my club to be tagged.

So true but I think we have done considerable damage to the club's image here. We look like cheats. That's not how I want my club to be know. At a time where we need to attract every new supporter we can we will go into the finals the most hated team. Does it matter? Maybe not. But at the end of the day we are cheats and that's not how I want my club to be tagged.
Thanks Damian. :stern look

Agreed. But it doesn't matter. Like most "outrages" it'll get overtaken next week by a fresh "outrage." If we get tagged as "cheats" after seeking clarification on a ruling from the officiating body and being told that it's totally within the rules, then it's out of our hands and in those who fall for the "outrage." Anyone wanting to get a Jon Ralph-type opinion on something and falling in line with it is as worth listening to as Jon Ralph. Let them hate us.

This doesn't sit comfortably with me. When I paid overs to get tickets to this game a couple of weeks ago, I didn't expect this. The round is a bit of a farce. I want North going 100%, 100% of the time. But I'm not outraged.

could not be anymore over the media beat up.

JB got hammered on the footy show last night.

Thank god we are playing tonight and not Sunday, weekend would of been ruined

Dear Adelaide & outraged others, we as the NMFC are sorry to have caused;

. today's Melbourne metro train strike
. election of Tony Abbott
. current Syrian & refugee crisis
. Bruce Jenner's sex change
. any movie made by Adam Sandler
. chick with the big gazunga's getting the flick
from the bachelor
. the crucifixion of some chippy from Nazareth

Covers most things...........

"OH ! S**T ! YES !
Black hole.....centre of milky way galaxy......
.....ashamed to say, us as well.

Thanks for your patience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back