Preview Changes - Round 6 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year was last year , and I dont know if you've joined us in 2014 , but Josh K ain't done jack in 4 games.
How much more time can you give him? Sinclar offers an option...Unlike you my friend I dont care about the past.....
Its whats happening right know that counts, Blind freddy can see we lack a good small forward...so the solution...bring in more talls....!!.
Well you got your wish,Hill has been dropped & who replaces him....that other spud Cripps.

Hang on to your seats because that ball will be out of our forward line so fast it will make last weeks game look slow.
I think I make more sense than most , but hey, your a mod so lets not say anything that goes against your views...
Its only my opinion, but wether it makes sense to you or not , this is an open forum of ideas...so get over yourself.

It's an open forum of ideas and you're entitled to yours as much as anyone else. I just thought your ideas were ridiculously devoid of logic. Mostly the idea of dropping our best key forward of the past four years and replacing him with a ruckman who's struggled to kick goals at AFL level.

Anyway, hopefully Kennedy gets out of his fortnight-long form slump against his old side on Saturday, otherwise he may be up for delisting.

I'm torn.

On one hand I'm happy Hill is out of the side and that Lycett is actually getting a game..

But on the other.... I thought we had ditched the 3 rucks bullshit. We better start tacking some damn marks inside 50. Looking at you Nicnat, let's see if you can avoid going 4 straight games without a grab.

Last edited:
Last year was last year , and I dont know if you've joined us in 2014 , but Josh K ain't done jack in 4 games.
How much more time can you give him? Sinclar offers an option...Unlike you my friend I dont care about the past.....
Its whats happening right know that counts, Blind freddy can see we lack a good small forward...so the solution...bring in more talls....!!.
Well you got your wish,Hill has been dropped & who replaces him....that other spud Cripps.

Hang on to your seats because that ball will be out of our forward line so fast it will make last weeks game look slow.
I think I make more sense than most , but hey, your a mod so lets not say anything that goes against your views...
Its only my opinion, but wether it makes sense to you or not , this is an open forum of ideas...so get over yourself.

Nope

Why do we have 3 ruckmen playing? Would much prefer a out and out midfielder who has lots of speed. Ooooops i forgot we dont have one :(

No midfield depth huh?

Could have done with one Braddley Dalziell to come into the side, but you had to unceremoniously dump him last year. Didn't you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've won 3 games with 3 ruckmen in Naitanui, Cox and Sinclair. Sinclair was out against the Cats and Lycett came in... we got smashed. We played 2 rucks against Port for our second loss. I don't know why people are so opposed to the three rucks, it was working when one of them ie Sinclair was playing more as a CHF with stints in the ruck. I like Sinclair as a 3rd tall option if he's playing as a CHF. It will be interesting to see where Lycett plays mostly this week and even more so with Mcgovern playing as a possible swing man.

We've won 3 games with 3 ruckmen in Naitanui, Cox and Sinclair. Sinclair was out against the Cats and Lycett came in... we got smashed. We played 2 rucks against Port for our second loss. I don't know why people are so opposed to the three rucks, it was working when one of them ie Sinclair was playing more as a CHF with stints in the ruck. I like Sinclair as a 3rd tall option if he's playing as a CHF. It will be interesting to see where Lycett plays mostly this week and even more so with Mcgovern playing as a possible swing man.

Well the 3 teams we beat were all potato teams who will finish in the low portion of the ladder, so I wouldn't read too much into the wins. But it's the fact that the whole idea seemed largely ineffective which is why I don't like it. We occasionally had 2 rucks down forward with JK and Darls and STILL nobody could take a mark.

I think that 3 rucks *s our forward structure. Which to be honest has been one of the poorest things about our 2014 so far.

It's not even a full moon.
Are you sure? This board resembles One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest. Who would we nominate as Jack? ;):drunk:

Well the 3 teams we beat were all potato teams who will finish in the low portion of the ladder, so I wouldn't read too much into the wins. But it's the fact that the whole idea seemed largely ineffective which is why I don't like it. We occasionally had 2 rucks down forward with JK and Darls and STILL nobody could take a mark.

I think that 3 rucks ****s our forward structure. Which to be honest has been one of the poorest things about our 2014 so far.

Ok that's a fair opinion and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. It's only round 6 and there's a lot to learn about this squad and our structures so I'm not against the new coaches trying something a bit left field particularly when the wins are on the board (and yes they were against potato teams). Maybe I'm just embracing the fact that Woosha's same ol' same ol' is a thing of the past and relishing a few new ideas? I don't think our forwards' failure to take a mark in the forward 50 is a result of playing 3 rucks though, JK has been having a shocker so far and Coxy isn't playing his old style of game IMO... he used to hit a pack with the intention of clunkin' it but now his sole purpose is to win a free so that's not working in our favour either. Sinclair seems to be playing more like the old Cox and Darling is just a beast and playing like a man possessed.

edit* Actually I'll change my comparison a little on Sinclair and say he's playing more like a Michael Gardener than Cox.

Is the reason Sinclair is not getting selected over lycett because barrass is not on long term injury list anymore and Sinclair back on rookie list ?

Is the reason Sinclair is not getting selected over lycett because barrass is not on long term injury list anymore and Sinclair back on rookie list ?

RoPo is coming...
Rowen+Powell+70qlLpbKL6Um.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back