Changes vs Geelong (R17): Tapscott, Riley, Jetta in for Gawn, Barry, Salem

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good changes there, added a bit more run to the side. On paper I think we've got the better team but we all know how often that translates to on-field performance.

Hopefully Tappy gets more than just one game to prove his worth... IIRC Pederson and Jetta took a couple of games to become shining lights.

I'm happy with the IN's, id like to see Blease given 3 games between now and season end, to give himself a chance to prove himself.

Will be interesting to see where they play Tappy, he has been played half back/forward and through the midfield at Casey. We have struggled to move the ball with any confidence from the backline and also struggled for goals up forward. Personally i'd like to see his long kicking used across half back Lynden Dunn style.

Preferably i'd like to see Kent as the sub, genuinely quick and will add some real leg speed once he is on. I want Tappy and Riley to at least start and play 3/4 qrts.

Certainly looking for a stronger, more physical approach this week.

Good changes this week in my opinion - Barry wont be too disappointed as they just backed him with a contract extension this week - and Salem just needed a rest.

I'm hoping Tapscott shows a bit in the coming weeks - if for nothing other than trade bait come year end..

I will admit I am a fan of Tappy and am hoping he can benefit from the same development that has improved Jetta and Pedo etc.

If nothing else he should stand up to the bigger bodies of Geelong better than someone still developing such as Barry. And as we all know he is not prone to taking a backwards step. Hopefully he realises its now or never and grabs the chance with both hands. I also hope he hasn't forgotten what a penetrating kick he used to use with such effect in his early days.

DL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to get Blease into the side because he amuses the s**t out of me. Funniest player in the league, give him a shot!

Best argument I've heard to date. Get the boy in, Roos.

I reckon we'll spear Tappy and he'll get rookied by one of Port or Adelaide and will actually turn out to be a decent small forward in a team that kicks the ball inside 50 occasionally.

IMO Tappy just flat out doesn't know how to find the ball. He's got to make it as some kind of defensive forward I reckon.

Certainly been the knock on him in the past. Been acquiring a decent amount of football in the ressies so hopefully that translates into the top level. His mongrel and toughness will be a welcome addition if he can do a Jetta and make a spot his.

I reckon we'll spear Tappy and he'll get rookied by one of Port or Adelaide and will actually turn out to be a decent small forward in a team that kicks the ball inside 50 occasionally.

Spear Tappy? Some sort of tribal punishment? :)

Yes. If they're not going to make it with us, why should some other club get a free shot? Better off to make soup out of them.

Certainly been the knock on him in the past. Been acquiring a decent amount of football in the ressies so hopefully that translates into the top level. His mongrel and toughness will be a welcome addition if he can do a Jetta and make a spot his.

He's been getting it bashing around VFL blokes at stoppages, nothing on the spread. Maybe he can do the same in the big league but I don't see it.

Lol, of course Tappy struggled getting the ball under Neeld as a small forward - none of our small or medium forwards could get anywhere near it under Neeld, I reckon Tappy can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back