Strategy Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Campbell, Macrae, Hrovat, Webb

Out: Cordy, Goodes, Hunter, Biggs

If we play Cordy as ruckmen vs Mumford GWS will win by 10 goals.

If Campbell plays they might will by 20, besides fact he has had concrete hands all this season, Orren Stephenson ran around him when he was on mark and put 5 metres on him at one stage yesterday, his fitness level at moment is pretty much a disgrace, staggering when he had a shoulder reco and all he could do is run in off season.

Out: Goodes, Dale, Jong
In: Macrae, Webb, Hrovat

Maybe Grant for Hunter

Out: Goodes (inj) hunter dale cordy Jong
In: Minson/hamling Macrae grant webb mclean
Minson in if not suspended otherwise hamling in roughie to ruck. Hunter not enough give McLean a crack, grant for outside run, Jong needs to get right no confidence in hand after surgery.
B: wood talia Boyd
Hb: murphy Roberts jj
C: Macrae Wallis grant
Hf: Dahl Crameri stringer
F: roughie Boyd McLean
Foll: Minson Bont picken
Int: Webb Dickson Stevens Biggs

I could get banned for life for this but here goes.

With Libba, Smith and Jong injured we are crying out for some one to help Wallis in the middle ...... yet no one is suggesting Prudden. Is he anywhere near ready for seniors or have the injuries taken their toll. My thinking is that with the years he has been in the system and the time he has been able to spend in the gym he could be hard enough to take the place of some of the pups. and make a contribution. Has his VFL form shown he is near ready?
Moderators!!!!!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-25/dogs-lose-veteran-defender-for-up-to-two-months
WESTERN Bulldogs defender Brett Goodes will miss up to two months with a broken arm.

The 31-year-old sustained the injury after his right arm collided with an opponent's leg as he attempted collect a ground ball in the Bulldogs' 39-point loss to Melbourne.

The extended layoff comes at a bad time for the mature-aged rookie as he was looking to re-establish himself in the Dogs' line-up following his axing from the senior list last year.

“It was a disappointing afternoon for Brett, he’s got a fracture to his right ulna,” said Western Bulldogs Football Manager Graham Lowe.

“Surgical intervention will be required and he’s going to get that done over the next couple of days.

“We expect him back in six to eight weeks.”

It was a dirty day for Goodes as he was also offered a two-match ban by the Match Review Panel for rough conduct on Melbourne's Matt Jones, but the penalty can be reduced to one week with an early guilty plea.

I could get banned for life for this but here goes.

With Libba, Smith and Jong injured we are crying out for some one to help Wallis in the middle ...... yet no one is suggesting Prudden. Is he anywhere near ready for seniors or have the injuries taken their toll. My thinking is that with the years he has been in the system and the time he has been able to spend in the gym he could be hard enough to take the place of some of the pups. and make a contribution. Has his VFL form shown he is near ready?
I think we'd all like to see Prudden improve to the point where he gets a promotion but fitness-wise he's a long way off. Lack of pace as a midfielder may also hold him back. Let's see how he goes with several more VFL games under his belt. Hope he makes it but at this stage he's well back in the pecking order.

It's a mystery to me. Jong clearly is not himself with his hand. Why is he playing? Geeze just get it healed 100% and come back through Footscray.

I think they will make significant changes this week. They have to. We have players not fit, not in form. Plenty sticking their had up at Footscray. I expect 4 to 5 changes this week.

Out: Goodes (inj) hunter dale cordy Jong
In: Minson/hamling Macrae grant webb mclean
Minson in if not suspended otherwise hamling in roughie to ruck. Hunter not enough give McLean a crack, grant for outside run, Jong needs to get right no confidence in hand after surgery.
B: wood talia Boyd
Hb: murphy Roberts jj
C: Macrae Wallis grant
Hf: Dahl Crameri stringer
F: roughie Boyd McLean
Foll: Minson Bont picken
Int: Webb Dickson Stevens Biggs
I like your 22 but I would prob rest Boyd and bring in another tall or put bonts at full foward or maybe even centre half foward and play stringer out of the square , if the second option is the case I would then bring in another mid or finally give hamling a crack as a utility

I like your 22 but I would prob rest Boyd and bring in another tall or put bonts at full foward or maybe even centre half foward and play stringer out of the square , if the second option is the case I would then bring in another mid or finally give hamling a crack as a utility
I just get the feeling Boyd will be up for this game but if not redpath has been kicking plenty of goals in the 2s

This could go one of two ways.

Rest boyd and play bont and stringer as 'talls' and bring in Hamling and play roughead in the ruck. We would be incredibly mobile all over the ground. However we would lack the bail out kick. The players would really have to focus on lowering their eyes for the lead. Would be interesting. Not sure who plays back up ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could go one of two ways.

Rest boyd and play bont and stringer as 'talls' and bring in Hamling and play roughead in the ruck. We would be incredibly mobile all over the ground. However we would lack the bail out kick. The players would really have to focus on lowering their eyes for the lead. Would be interesting. Not sure who plays back up ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's a good idea to be honest gives hamling a chance shows us how Roughead Goes in the ruck for a full game , gives stringer the chance as the main foward bonts won't have to worry with a tag could be a win win situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just get the feeling Boyd will be up for this game but if not redpath has been kicking plenty of goals in the 2s
No offence to Boyd but if he couldn't be up and about for the Melbourne game I don't care who we are playing he takes a few weeks off

What is the common theme here?

Brad Haddin opening the bowling for Australia
Steve Monaghetti in the 100 metres for Australia in the Olympics
Tim Cahill playing goal keeper in the World Cup
Ayce Cordy playing as ruckman for the Dogs

I guess you get my drift non these can compete in these roles in their chosen sport.

We need Wilbur not that he is the saviour but he is the best we have got at the moment, hope he only gets a fine in the VFL.

I am happy with Stringer being played as the main deep forward has worked well in the past but we need to either use Roughead as the 2nd ruck/forward and play him as the CHF at times or we need Redpath to come back in as the CHF and hope that Roughy can go one out against Mumford (I think hes the best ruck on our list so we might as well give him a crack this game). Also we can ill afford Stringer having to go against 2 opponents so his teammates must push hard up the ground and delivery into the forward line needs to be precise.

Out: Cordy, Goodes, Hunter, Jong (get yourself right man), Bontempelli (rest yourself and get well)
In: Hamling, Webb, Macrae, Hrovat, Grant

Move Roughy to the ruck and chuck Hamling back. Bontempelli isn't right. Even if we were playing for finals, I'd rest him.

Stringer hasn't looked right in a couple weeks. We are playing many players injured. If we can sneak into finals this year great but it's not the be all end all. Rest the guys that need it and bring in the players who are fit.

Redpath, Grant, Hamling, Hrovat, Macrae, Minson, Campbell, Maclean, Webb are just a few that can come in and do a job.

Next year onwards is when we will be pushing for more.

Sorry to intrude:

Just wondering if many of you consider Lucas webb a chance to play this week after that 33 disposal and 3 or 4 goal effort in the VFL? Note: this is a supercoach related question cause he is sitting on my bench and not making money.

Also curious why so many people want biggs sent back to the VFL in their changes?, as i didn't see much of the game so don't know how he went. Just looking at downgrading to him in a few weeks, if he is going play as his scores last year when he played were decent.

Sorry to intrude:

Just wondering if many of you consider Lucas webb a chance to play this week after that 33 disposal and 3 or 4 goal effort in the VFL? Note: this is a supercoach related question cause he is sitting on my bench and not making money.

Also curious why so many people want biggs sent back to the VFL in their changes?, as i didn't see much of the game so don't know how he went. Just looking at downgrading to him in a few weeks, if he is going play as his scores last year when he played were decent.
Webb should play. Biggs just didn't have a good game but there were plenty of players that were bad on the weekend and that was his first game for the year so I don't think he should be dropped.

He was great and you are being disrespectful. He played within he rules of the day, other defenders of the day had the same leniency to do the same defensive tactics.
Rick Kennedy meh

Steve Silvangi wouldn't and couldn't stand toe to toe with Plugger.
Kennedy would lick his lips and say where the f#$% is the fat pig, I want him.
Naming SOS as full back of the century was a absolute joke.

Anyway back onto the topic...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back