Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure I agree. Him being dropped in '22 for Vandermeer (coming off an injury and 6 and 7 possession games in the VFL) and then spending the first half of '23 in the reserves was egregious.
He was dropped because he wasn't performing and forced him to improve significantly like he has

Listening to Bevo’s presser, the group went for a nice swim in the beach at Mentone or somewhere bayside near where he lives.
He might have even got the guitar out and played a few tunes for the lads.
He is a good bloke Bevo.
Personally, I prefer the Sam Mitchell approach to an insipid loss - ‘bring your mouth guards to training this week, because that wasn’t good enough’.
Hawks have won there last 2 games.

Listening to Bevo’s presser, the group went for a nice swim in the beach at Mentone or somewhere bayside near where he lives.
He is a good bloke Bevo.
Personally, I prefer the Sam Mitchell approach to an insipid loss - ‘bring your mouth guards to training this week, because that wasn’t good enough’.
How many flags has cocksparrow Mitchell won as coach?

He is a good bloke Bevo.

Last year Carlton had a group skinny dip and nudie run and went from bottom six to finals.

How many flags has cocksparrow Mitchell won as coach?
Coached zero flags, but has a bottomed out list and they are competitive.

I keep hearing what a great bloke Bevo is and how much he cares for the players and how close the group is.
Fact is, we have got talented footballers that enjoy each others company, but the dog hungry edge and hardness required to be successful is missing.
Look at Melbourne ~ Lever and May constantly at each other and their teammates demanding success. Nasty players like Pickett, Viney, May. And Melbourne are good, but they aren’t the benchmark.
We need a harder edged coach - the likes of Ross Lyon or Mitchell would get the best out of our list.
Singing kumbaya around the camp fire on the beach is not a recipe for success in the AFL.

IN

Alex Keath, Joel Freijah, Rhylee West, Luke Cleary

OUT

Buku Khamis (Omitted), Tom Liberatore (Injured), Oskar Baker (Omitted), Charlie Clarke (Omitted)

B: Lachie Bramble, Liam Jones, Bailey Dale
HB: Taylor Duryea, Alex Keath, Jason Johannisen
C: Bailey Williams, Adam Treloar, Joel Freijah
HF: Laith Vandermeer, Aaron Naughton, Riley Garcia
F: James Harmes, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Ed Richards
INT: James O’Donnell, Jack Macrae, Luke Cleary, Harvey Gallagher, Sam Darcy
EMG: Rory Lobb, Caleb Daniel, Arthur Jones

In: Joel Freijah, Luke Cleary, Alex Keath, Rhylee West
Out: Tom Liberatore (concussion), Oskar Baker (omitted), Buku Khamis (omitted), Charlie Clarke (omitted)

A half back line consisting of 3 30+ year olds that don’t have much of a future at all. 2 likely not on the list next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleary is unexpected, although not unwelcomed.

Not too bothered by the changes, I thought Buku had done enough to keep his spot ahead of JOD but I do like JOD so I'm unphased.

The more I look at that backline the more I hate it.

4 30+ year olds and a couple of flaky half backs that can’t defend.

The Tigers don’t have much but they have pace in the front half. Watch them eat the old boys alive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back