Not open for further replies.
IN: Garland
OUT: Terlich

Tyson needs a rocket up his ass.

Last edited:
IN: Garland, Jamar

OUT: Terlich, Spencer

3 possessions is just not good enough.

Salem had a monster game in the VFL but we should let him develop a bit more there.

I wonder how many weeks Kent's calf will be. Felt like he was building a bit

Out: Spencer, Terlich, Watts, Georgiou, Evans/Jetta

In: Jamar, Toumpas, Salem, Garland, Clisby

Edit: Not sure what happened in the VFL, don't really care. Watts can't afford to drop his effort from vaguely interested to Brent Grgic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pizzor I agree, as much as we could do with throwing Salem in the mix, we really need to develop him properly and not rush him.

Not sure of the ins but contenders for the outs are Spencer and Terlich straight off the bat.

Despite his goal, Im just not sure about Evans but it is early in the season so we have to see what he has I guess. Bail isn't really setting the world on fire either. Jetta hardly sighted tbh has to be looked at but first game back might save him.

Not sure what happened to Tyson tbh. I'd play him assuming he's not restricted.

Against Sydney I'd also play Watts (after giving him a rocket) but if he stinks it up again then he's dropped.

IMO if your drop a Terlich/Jetta/Bail etc they arent coming back, they wont go to the VFL and suddenly become great kicks so I would only want them out if Toump/Salem/Strauss etc are on fire and ready to step up

OUT-

Jack Watts- Go back to VFL level and get involved, lay some tackles, take some contested marks, s**t get hurt once or twice. Play for your team and not for yourself, I dont care how much we need your kicking because your soft 15 disposal games hurt us more than they help
Alex Georgiou- Thanks for the help down back but we need Garland back :thumbsu:
Jake Spencer

In- Garland and Jamar if fit and who ever else deserves a chance from the VFL

I think Jetta should get another game or two just to see where he's at, hard to judge based one one game.

In: Garland, Jamar, Kent (if ready), Clisby
Out: Georgiou, Spencer, Evans, Terlich

I think Jetta should get another game or two just to see where he's at, hard to judge based one one game.

In: Garland, Jamar, Kent (if ready), Clisby
Out: Georgiou, Spencer, Evans, Terlich
Every year we say this. Every year. He had his big chance, he got 8 touches.

Really looking forward to the VFL player review. Roos has to be telling his guys to find him some runners/defenders who can kick.

Not sure if its possible but Id play all 22 at HBF and see who uses it well coming out

Not sure if its possible but Id play all 22 at HBF and see who uses it well coming out
Alternatively just stand all 22 of our players in a line across the half back line and not let anyone pass.

shall-not-pass.gif

Let's get Salem in already, he's not a skinny kid who can't run. He's ready baby. Give us something new to look at.

From Knightmare the mock draft dude:
Melbourne (Via GWS Activated Compensation) - Christian Salem (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 15/07/1995
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Style: Luke Hodge
Player comparison: Taylor Hunt (with better footskills)
Range: 6-12
Profile: Midfielder with a real physical presence and physical style of playing. I also really enjoy Salem’s tackling game, he just hunts the man and you can see he really enjoys it, and he does big damage every time he lays a tackle and it’s a real feature of his game. When it’s his turn to go he goes, whether it be a marking contest where he knows he will get crushed or going for the hard ball he will put his head over it and just go for it. He also does some really impressive work at times with some good blocking or bumps on or off the footy where required and just has that hard edge you love to see. He plays a good two way game running both ways and also stopping his direct opponent or playing a shutdown role as required. His footskills are above average and he hits his targets and can at times do damage, particularly when within range from goal. He’s also effective when he pushes forward and is a goalkicking midfielder. Also has above average pace, but regardless of this will run and carry the footy and cover ground with ball in hand when the opportunity is there showing relatively good pace also. He’s more outside than inside at this stage and the next step will be to develop that inside game.

Let's get Salem in already, he's not a skinny kid who can't run. He's ready baby. Give us something new to look at.

From Knightmare the mock draft dude:
Melbourne (Via GWS Activated Compensation) - Christian Salem (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 15/07/1995
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Style: Luke Hodge
Player comparison: Taylor Hunt (with better footskills)
Range: 6-12
Profile: Midfielder with a real physical presence and physical style of playing. I also really enjoy Salem’s tackling game, he just hunts the man and you can see he really enjoys it, and he does big damage every time he lays a tackle and it’s a real feature of his game. When it’s his turn to go he goes, whether it be a marking contest where he knows he will get crushed or going for the hard ball he will put his head over it and just go for it. He also does some really impressive work at times with some good blocking or bumps on or off the footy where required and just has that hard edge you love to see. He plays a good two way game running both ways and also stopping his direct opponent or playing a shutdown role as required. His footskills are above average and he hits his targets and can at times do damage, particularly when within range from goal. He’s also effective when he pushes forward and is a goalkicking midfielder. Also has above average pace, but regardless of this will run and carry the footy and cover ground with ball in hand when the opportunity is there showing relatively good pace also. He’s more outside than inside at this stage and the next step will be to develop that inside game.

I would like to see us just hold fire on Salem for a little longer, We have hurt way too many kids by throwing them in early in the last few years, Id rather see him play 3-4 Brilliant games before getting a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back