Preview Changes/Preview - round 3 v Sydney - Clarry 150! JVR debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

Farrrrk.
Out: Gawn, Melbourne
In: Farris-White/Verrall:$, Casey

SRS though a very s**t loss with Max down. Hopefully not for too long. I assume we'll go with Grundy and McDonald as rucks; maybe bring back Hibberd and try Riv or Bowey further up the ground?
Or unleash the Schache-attack?

Not a chance we roll out McDonald as a ruckman next week surely. That was beyond embarrassing.

out- Gawn, Harmes, Petty, Tomlinson, Melksham
in- Schache, Hibberd, Turner, May, Laurie

Schache to back up Grundy in the ruck. move Rivers into the guts for Harmes who has been s**t and bring Hibberd back into defence. Turner in for Petty who looks injured, May in for Tomlinson, and Laurie as the sub.

Out Brayshaw and Viney. Don't care what else
We know it'll never happen to the golden butchers, so realistically:

Out: Gawn, McDonald, Harmes, Petty
In: Schache, JVR, May, Hibberd

Gawn out.

His replacement must be Schache. Schache was recruited to be a backup ruck/tall forward. No way they throw Verrall to the wolves after one VFL game. As poor as McDonald was, he’s still going to be more competitive at AFL level than Verrall would be at the moment.

If Petty’s knee is no good, then he’s out for May. Otherwise Tomlinson makes way.

While there were some poor performances, I wouldn’t be surprised to see no more changes.

As poor as Brayshaw and Viney were at times there’s no way they get dropped. They have lots of credits in the bank. Same for TMac.

Maybe Harmes goes out, but would Jordon likely do significantly better attending centre bounces? I’m not sure he would.

I can’t see Melksham getting another week as the sub after that effort. Four touches going at 25% efficiency with two turnovers in around 65% game time is remarkable, but not in a good way. He was low possession, low impact and low pressure.

Maybe Hibberd for sub as it protects against his lack of match conditioning, and when he comes on he could release Rivers or Bowey to play further up the ground.

Visceral reactions:
Out- Petracca, Brodie Gumby, Gawn, Oliver, Bowey, McVee
In: Ferrell, Farris-Bueller-White, Sex-Tent, Dunstan, Jordan Jones, Schache

I think we can see that Gumby needs to learn the Ruck role, he’s an ok ruck rover ruck but I like the versatility of Tom McDonald who is a hybrid ruck rover ruck meets ruck ruck goose, at 29 years young I think Brodie can develop his craft at Casey.

I didn’t like the spontaneous bursts of composure from McVee and Bowey out of the backline and think we’ve always functioned much better on the rational chaos of Brayshaw kicking it oof off his left or Trent Rivers running around like a headless chicken and putting the ball into orbit.

Oliver can play in the VFL until he works out how to play Jarrod Berry and Petracca needs to be dropped as he just seems to be content after winning a Norm Smith. I would’ve dropped Gawn anyway as I think players who injure their knees are a liability.

I think the two young rucks, Schache as a rucking surprise, Jim Jones as an AFL Live 2006 regen and Luke Dunstan gives us more balance alongside Viney, Sparrow and Harmes in the middle. I’d also bring Salem in as sub because after a thyroid problem and cartilage knee injury he will be cherry ripe to play through pain and a lack of fitness to have a big impact on the team. Sex-Tent can have an impact up forward.

I never thought I'd be the one who is telling people not to overreact :)

Out: Gawn, McVee, Tomlinson
In: May, Hibberd, JVR
And watch another game of Queen Mary McDonald trying to ruck? I think the * not. Give Schache a go, at least he can turn faster than the Earth orbits the sun

And watch another game of Queen Mary McDonald trying to ruck? I think the * not. Give Schache a go, at least he can turn faster than the Earth orbits the sun
lol that's fair. Although Schache will just get even more ragdolled imo. When there is a forward stoppage ball up, our secondary ruck needs to play from behind, not in front or side to side. They just need to play from behind, lose the hitout and be done with it. Certainly not do what TMac did tonight with playing in front too much, and just get rag dolled by Mcinerney who then kicked it outside 50 relieving all of the pressure. That can't happen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wont happen but... Petty forward, Disco in for Tomo if May is back, no reason not to play Laurie, Grundy and Schache rotating off the bench, dont really give a * about who else, maybe Hibbo to free Rivers further up the ground. He couldn't be any worse in Harmes role.

Out: TMac, Melk, Tomo, Gawn, Harmes
In: May, Disco, Laurie, Schache, Hibbo or Smith or Howes or Moniz Wakefield

I’m not sure what the answer is, aside from being way less scared. Will help to not be playing a northern team in those conditions, but no excuse for how cooked everyone looked. I do no what the answer isn’t, and it’s Josh Schache. Rather play another runner and roll with the same ruck combo as last night than play Scache.

I’m not sure what the answer is, aside from being way less scared. Will help to not be playing a northern team in those conditions, but no excuse for how cooked everyone looked. I do no what the answer isn’t, and it’s Josh Schache. Rather play another runner and roll with the same ruck combo as last night than play Scache.
Why? McDonald was ******* terrible in the ruck and another runner does what exactly to fix anything that happens with clearances and stoppages

Why? McDonald was ******* terrible in the ruck and another runner does what exactly to fix anything that happens with clearances and stoppages
I would agree if we were talking about someone competent, but we’re not. I’d pick another runner because we looked exhausted and the only guy who ran the game out was Rivers. Hunter has been good but doesn’t look fully fit to me, would be great to have the option to tuck him inside as an option who can kick.

I would agree if we were talking about someone competent, but we’re not. I’d pick another runner because we looked exhausted and the only guy who ran the game out was Rivers. Hunter has been good but doesn’t look fully fit to me, would be great to have the option to tuck him inside as an option who can kick.
We were getting smashed from minute one, having Bailey Laurie get 8 disposals while the midfield continues to get smashed won't matter in the slightest.

We were getting smashed from minute one, having Bailey Laurie get 8 disposals while the midfield continues to get smashed won't matter in the slightest.
Bailey Laurie isn’t a runner. Wouldn’t mind seeing Blake Howes get a game though.

The overall point here is that we replaced Pickett with Viney and it showed.

Bailey Laurie isn’t a runner. Wouldn’t mind seeing Blake Howes get a game though.

The overall point here is that we replaced Pickett with Viney and it showed.
Right so bringing in a debutant ain't gonna change how the team plays, getting crushed in the ruck for half a game again will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back