Channel 7 and their freaking adds

Remove this Banner Ad

Nine were the same with the amount of ads sthey showed in the late afternoon game, they would have full ad breaks like Seven does. Mind you they had an earlier game at 1pm with that deal.

You know how important Footy is to a channel when they consistently want to show Better Homes and ****ing Gardens other then live footy from interstate.

The AFL needs to order a meeting with the morons from 7 and tell them to lift their game, at the moment it is the worst tv coverage in the history of football coverage. If you wont show an interstate game live into Melbourne, give it to someone who will (ten or fox).

And yes, their Sunday afternoon coverage runs for 3 hours and cuts the coverage off as soon as the final siren goes, figure that out.

Nine were the same with the amount of ads sthey showed in the late afternoon game, they would have full ad breaks like Seven does. Mind you they had an earlier game at 1pm with that deal.

exactly. they did the same with ads. i hated it then too. and they only showed second half of the 4:00 game?

Yeah channel 7 are that bad during the Royal Children's Hospital appeal they showed an ad for White Lady Funeral services. Oh well done again C7........GOLD

I was down south in WA's south-west through Easter and was watching the Carlton vs Essendon game on WIN. With 5 minutes to go in the game after a goal their was 7 ads before they went back on air like nothing was wrong. I hate how the delayed games get more and more delayed.:thumbsdown:

Yeah channel 7 are that bad during the Royal Children's Hospital appeal they showed an ad for White Lady Funeral services. Oh well done again C7........GOLD

So, advertisers pay for their ad space. Just because it's a funeral services doesn't change antyhing.

Sounds shit. We're lucky here in the UK..

Granted they list games under titles such as "Melbourne Kangeroos vs Hawthorne" (No I didn't misspell Kangaroo!), but the feeds we get only show a large block of ads between quarters.

Usually there is just silence with a replay when C7 would be normally in ads, much better.

I'm pretty steamed up about the endless ad breaks on FTA. It's getting like cricket, where you need a radio to at least get a continuous call. Combined with the fact that replays come on late at night in NSW, I'd rather go to bed than sit up through the interminable ads.

Alternatives? SBS show the first half of soccer games, then have a bunch of adds at half time. Superbowl gridiron in the US charges big money for advertising, what about fewer ads but charge more $ per ad.

This 45 sec break after goals is killing footy. We're missing a lot of replays because there's no time for them anymore. We're losing a lot of atmosphere. And while I'm at it, the crowd noise is turned down too low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back