Channel 7 beat up of Sam Newman controversy just sour grapes

Remove this Banner Ad

fenagle

Senior List
Suspended
Dec 5, 2004
Other Teams
pies
When will these morons get over losing the footy rights, the constant petulance is embarrassing

nah story was on 9 also. I could not give a frig if someone is gay or not but I am sick and tired of hearing about em. Just live your life like the rest of us. How would they carry on if someone came out and said they want to turn Melb into the hetro capital of Oz?

• Banned
morgoth said:
nah story was on 9 also. I could not give a frig if someone is gay or not but I am sick and tired of hearing about em. Just live your life like the rest of us. How would they carry on if someone came out and said they want to turn Melb into the hetro capital of Oz?
It's channel 7's blatant holier than thou virulence that makes me sick, hope they never get the footy rights back, I would stop watching football if I had to listen to Sandy Roberts commentating again

The worst thing about it was that Sydney slag Anna Coren basically saying that Newman was trying to get some publicity for himself on the back of a couple of Sydney radio hacks. As if Sam would take any notice of what happens in Sydney then jump on the bandwagon. Sam is plenty stupid all on his own.

happy hawker said:
The worst thing about it was that Sydney slag Anna Coren basically saying that Newman was trying to get some publicity for himself on the back of a couple of Sydney radio hacks. As if Sam would take any notice of what happens in Sydney then jump on the bandwagon. Sam is plenty stupid all on his own.

Today Tonight also bagged ch9 last week for paying a bloke $5000 to do a story on his ET Nutri-Grain.

How did they know how much he was paid ?
Simple- they were out bid.

JUBJUB said:
Today Tonight also bagged ch9 last week for paying a bloke $5000 to do a story on his ET Nutri-Grain.

How did they know how much he was paid ?
Simple- they were out bid.
They were out bid for most of the big stories this year.

morgoth said:

Best thing I've seen you say on a long time!

Serisouly "they" wonder why some of the real issues they GLBT community are facing are not being treated seriously by the Majority of the population.

The older I get, the more I see this crap for what it is.

Sam went overboard on an over the top story! But thats all it was.

Jim Boy said:
Anyone care to say what this is all about? I've no idea what this is about.

Thats the thing you see. It was all fairly innocuous and nothing overtly defamatory. The guy who is taking him to court is basically saying that Sams comments may in the end incite others to cause violence to gays.

It was very poor taste but not much else imo.

happy hawker said:
The guy who is taking him to court is basically saying that Sams comments may in the end incite others to cause violence to gays.
I'll tell you what'll incite more violence towards them, it's this constant whining and complaining and threatening to sue every public figure who makes unfavourable remarks towards gay people.

The whining is worse than a bus load of Poms - if they don't like what's said, give it back to them tenfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear all of the "outburst" but they had Sam on as an antagonist (channel 9's words) and then berate him over speaking his mind.

I dunno. The world has gone crazy.

I understand their point of view, in that Sam alledgedly said they were dirty or the like and being upset by it, but that's Sam's point of view on the matter, not the entire worlds. The "gay" community have their rights to do and act how they want, and so does Sam. So what's the big deal?

Personally, I don't have a problem with the gay community in general, but like everything else, they get on their high horse when someone speaks against them in the public forum.

SOUTHERN TIGER said:
I'll tell you what'll incite more violence towards them, it's this constant whining and complaining and threatening to sue every public figure who makes unfavourable remarks towards gay people.

The whining is worse than a bus load of Poms - if they don't like what's said, give it back to them tenfold.

Here here.

Was it just me that laughed at this line?

"Every time someone bobs their head up I'm going to go get it. The Sam Newman souffle is about to NTTAWWT."

And I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that nobody's said "not that there's anything wrong with that". this whole thing only goes to prove Oscar Wilde's tenet that "the only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about."

Hey ho.

That has nothing to do with tv rights.

Sam Newman made some harsh comments about the gay community on Tv just a couple of weeks ago.

Sam Newman has just proven that he is the biggest d/head around.

goal_umpire said:
Sam Newman has just proven that he is the biggest d/head around.
you mean you need more convincing.

What a storm ina tea cup. Sam has got what he wants again - and these people are making idiots of themselves by reacting like this.

he is an idiot, ignore him and move on.

It is the old channel 9 trick.

They used to do it with issues about migrants, grab some cheap soundbites by asking Ron Casey or Bruce Ruxton for their opinion knowing it would make good copy and voila! - instant story.

Why else would you ask Sam Newman on to do his shtick, unless you wanted controversy? Did they really think they would get polite comments?

It is a tired load of old rubbish.

What I found funny was Coren's intro "Newman's appearance on a STRUGGLING breakfast show................"

Funny that. Both show (Today and Sunrise) are neck to neck and Today has actually been winning quite a few occasions over the past month of so. :rolleyes:

Bombers_Forever said:
What I found funny was Coren's intro "Newman's appearance on a STRUGGLING breakfast show................"

Funny that. Both show (Today and Sunrise) are neck to neck and Today has actually been winning quite a few occasions over the past month of so. :rolleyes:

*LOL* I do have to chuckle at that cheapshot.

No one would be defending that boofhead if he made those comments about Jews. Well, maybe Lestat.

Idiots usually fade into the background if you ignore their twittering little "jokes". The only people Sam entertains are the brain-dead returniks that Kennett chased out of Victoria. I used to see them at bus stops and train stations complaining that Brisbane was too hot, the public transport system differed slightly from that in Melbourne and they'd be heading back south as soon as they could. Luckily for Sam many of them did go back and tuned in to Channel Nine as soon as they plonked their jobless arses onto their Super A-Mart couches.

morgoth said:

That would never happen..........would it?

sandeano said:
It is the old channel 9 trick.

They used to do it with issues about migrants, grab some cheap soundbites by asking Ron Casey or Bruce Ruxton for their opinion knowing it would make good copy and voila! - instant story.
I think just about every journalist in history has done that sort of thing.

Bombers_Forever said:

Even funnier that Channel 10 cartoons and the ABC kids shows double/triple the audience of Today & the Koch Moron Hour every day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back