Chapman- Best Kick at goal in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

tomthabuddah

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
He gets the ball anywhere and an unusal feeling happens for cats fans. You just know a goal will result either from him passing it or slotting it himself.

You look at Dog or Playfair and they get it within range and try to pass it off or instead just miss.

Its not just that they go through the sticks but they actually split the middle.

He would have to be leading our B and F and be in line for AA. Go Chappers keep it up.

RoosterLad said:
Best kick for goal is going over the top. Roo and Lloyd to name a few are right up there as well.

I have Chapman in my Dream Team though and hes racking it up, hes a gun.

It's not over the top. He's one of, if not the best.

maybe not best kick at goal in the league, but snap shot from the boundary or anywhere for that matter hes as good as anyone

Definately up there as one of the best kicks at goal or anywhere else on the ground.That bannana kick on the boundary line to center the ball to Ling was brilliant last night

shiva25 said:
Definately up there as one of the best kicks at goal or anywhere else on the ground.That bannana kick on the boundary line to center the ball to Ling was brilliant last night

Can anyone remember a game when chapman did a similar pass at the same venue to win us the game. I think it was even to Ling again.

shiva25 said:

I didnt watch the whole game but i did see that, fantastic bit of play and clever thinking. Lovely kick by Ling too.

tomthabuddah said:
Can anyone remember a game when chapman did a similar pass at the same venue to win us the game. I think it was even to Ling again.

I recall it - I thought it may have been at home but maybe Telstra. he was about to go for a goal on a tight angle but spotted Ling and kicked off the side of the boot deliberately (or a banana). Ling goaled. Superb decision making and skill.

Rosella said:
I recall it - I thought it may have been at home but maybe Telstra. he was about to go for a goal on a tight angle but spotted Ling and kicked off the side of the boot deliberately (or a banana). Ling goaled. Superb decision making and skill.

Thats it but who against?

tomthabuddah said:
Thats it but who against?

Don't remember - I would have it on tape somewhere but I can't go through them all - hopefully there's someone with a better memory than me. Funny I can recall the kick exactly - even that he changed how he was holding the ball.

Def one of the best. Has a great ability to kick one 50+ out, on the run or set shot, but then as we saw last night, good close range too, on the boundary.

Also is a smart player.. as we saw in that pass to Ling.

Good work Chappy,

Now all we need is for the umpires to notice how Gazza is being scragged and held all the time in contests and we'll be right :rolleyes:

Rosella said:
Don't remember - I would have it on tape somewhere but I can't go through them all - hopefully there's someone with a better memory than me. Funny I can recall the kick exactly - even that he changed how he was holding the ball.

It was against the bomber in i think 2004. Satdy night at the TD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the title of this fred is highly debatable, but even so, i have to acknowledge the bald ones prowess around the sticks. In an era of erratic cat kicking, he shines like a beacon. I dont cringe. I know the ball is gonna have a decent chance of scoring a major. the dog, playpoor and, god help us, kkk send lil chills EVERYTIME they line up.

and he presents like a man 6-8 inches taller than what he is.

:D:D:D:Den champ!

darren forssman said:
i think kingsley, gardiner, playfair and steve johnson should be sat down in a room and made to watch tapes of chapman kicking for goal for a whole week.
i highly doubt that will help.

TheTimeCometh said:
In an era of erratic cat kicking, he shines like a beacon. I dont cringe. I know the ball is gonna have a decent chance of scoring a major. the dog, playpoor and, god help us, kkk send lil chills EVERYTIME they line up.

and he presents like a man 6-8 inches taller than what he is.

Chapman is our best kick at goal by the length of Kardinia Park. Absolutely love him. Can never question anything he does on the field.

Apparently that 6-8 inches makes all the difference!

Chapmans that good its a rare shot at goal that is bad. I remember that missed a crucial shot against Brisbane in the 94 Prelim but he is only player in our side Id give odds on about kicking the goal.

By the way, its interesting to think on how we got Chappy. We used a pick in 99 that we got thru trading Michael Mansfield. Tough decisions can work

Turbocat said:
I remember that missed a crucial shot against Brisbane in the 94 Prelim

By the way, its interesting to think on how we got Chappy. We used a pick in 99 that we got thru trading Michael Mansfield.

Hmm...do you 04??

When chappy marks within range he goes back concentrating on his kick for goal.
Most others with a kick outside 35 are thinking more about giving it off.
Frame of mind makes a big difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back