VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

It didn't hurt that I think this was the strongest VFL side we have fielded in years.

Rohan, Bews, Conway, Hardie, Knevitt, Humphries, Neale, Mannagh, Clark, Mullin - that's a lot of players with mature bodies who are really just too good for VFL, even if they might not yet bet ready for the big big league.

And they fielded probably there weakest ever team. Had about a handful of listed players and I don't think any of them had played a senior game yet.

It didn't hurt that I think this was the strongest VFL side we have fielded in years.

Rohan, Bews, Conway, Hardie, Knevitt, Humphries, Neale, Mannagh, Clark, Mullin - that's a lot of players with mature bodies who are really just too good for VFL, even if they might not yet bet ready for the big big league.
Totally agree. Like I said..its nice to see what a player can offer. ..but just dont get too carried away with it . Whats the thinking on Siggott . Looked like an interesting prospect?

How did Clark play?

A couple of games like that would probably be good for his confidence.

any sign at all of that mooted (by CS) new role for Rohan?

Seems like he has played forward 3 weeks in a row in VFL

So only way back is to join the resting rotation? (But at expense of Neale!)
It what I thought. How does he get into the side playing forward. Only if they drop Henry id have thought or an injury. Rohan brings plenty to like though with speed pressure and straight kicking

any sign at all of that mooted (by CS) new role for Rohan?

Seems like he has played forward 3 weeks in a row in VFL

So only way back is to join the resting rotation? (But at expense of Neale!)
put him in the midfield for danger ;)

It's going to be very tough for him to get in without injuries, he hasn't even been named as an emergency yet. He'll have to kick 4 a week in the 2's in the mean time and force his way in (I won't complain with that!!)

I can’t see how Hardie gets a block of games without an injury crisis or severe dip in form.
Might get a game here and there when players are managed, but that’s it.
Stewart in for Paddy, and move Cuthrie into the guts, as well as Atkins getting more time in the midfield. That’s the obvious change for next week.

We had ten different blokes attend centre bounces against the Blues. Our midfield is a lot more transient than people realise. We don’t pick 4-6 mids to rotate through, we use half our side. The issue for Hardie will be where does he play when he’s not in the middle? He hasn’t shown much versatility at VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse than umpiring, it's flat-out cheating from the player. Should be suspended for that.
Cheating?

Never knew it was written in the rules you can't clap.

Ive seen players bang there boots, throw there mouthguard, scream abuse.

Trying to put the goal shooter off.

Umpire did nothing

Clapping Hands is cheating?

Ive had players rip at my arm pit hairs when I was flying for a mark.

Never once did I think they were cheating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back