VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Roll over thread time...

As we're already announcements through for the 2024 season, it's time to kick off the new thread

We know some players have moved on, while others have signed with the club like young Oscar

And going to steal & update an dazbroncos post from the start of last year's thread

I know we've flipped this over for 2024 and its a good idea.

One thing I really want to do in the mega threads is use the THREADMARKS to identify easily the changing over of each week... perhaps at the time the teams are listed for that week.

Makes location referencing easier for the larger threads.

Just a thought.

GO Catters

Now confirmed, Geelong VFL and Bell Park
Good news. Gives him a chance to try and build his body whilst still being in the system.

He's still got time to make it.

I liked to see the club look at a couple of unlucky undrafted players for our VFL ... some names on this missed out on Rookies spots as well

Surely not more byes seemingly every other week...
They are remaining with 4 (one of them is the AFL bye, another is a 'rep round bye') and 18 games. Stand alones were set to play each other twice, but that also filters to AFL clubs who will also play clubs twice this season.

In an 18 game season, with 21 teams in the competition we will play clubs twice.

They are remaining with 4 (one of them is the AFL bye, another is a 'rep round bye') and 18 games. Stand alones were set to play each other twice, but that also filters to AFL clubs who will also play clubs twice this season.

In an 18 game season, with 21 teams in the competition we will play clubs twice.
We can build a ressies comp, we have the technology, but I don't want to spend a lot of money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the who plays who twice weirdness this is just the fun of having an odd number of teams.

With an odd number of teams you can't have an odd number of games (21 teams each playing 19 games doesn't work). I'm guessing 20 games couldn't work while ensuring VFL and AFL byes line up so 18 games was the most that could fit.

We'll have something similar at the afl level when Tasmania comes in but 24 rounds with 22 games and 2 byes should work.

Geez. Geelong's VFL program is recruiting out of the GDFL now? The program must be in a bit of strife
Don't worry, the senior team drafts from the Bellarine Football League 😉

Don't worry, the senior team drafts from the Bellarine Football League 😉
Weren't Modewarre once in the GDFL?

We've got a couple of handy players from there.

Weren't Modewarre once in the GDFL?

We've got a couple of handy players from there.

All players start somewhere

And reading Ajang's story, seems we weren't the only VFL team interested, including Werribee where he has strong connections and may have been the easier option - yet he still opted to go to a new environment

I'm interested to see what he brings

Last year's richmond SSP rookie Kaelan Bradtke has signed with geelong vfl.

Will be interesting if he does well enough to get a game (im always wary of richmond delisting talls as they need them) we will have a very tall side. Some of the talls will need to play key defence (filling the spots that guys like sav and undersized byrne had) as they arent all fitting in the fwd and ruck spots.

Better than at times last year when we barely had a key back above 180cm though.

Last year's richmond SSP rookie Kaelan Bradtke has signed with geelong vfl.

Will be interesting if he does well enough to get a game (im always wary of richmond delisting talls as they need them) we will have a very tall side. Some of the talls will need to play key defence (filling the spots that guys like sav and undersized byrne had) as they arent all fitting in the fwd and ruck spots.

Better than at times last year when we barely had a key back above 180cm though.
VDH still on the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back