Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2005
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Drummoyne Dirty Reds
Who will be better?

Hopefully both play 250 games for us and win several flags in our midfield.

But which one will be regarded as the superior player over the journey?

• Banned
You post a thread like this yet complain about people projecting what players like Rich, who haven't played a game are going to be like
Yeah - which part confuses you?

Besides, I don't really complain about people saying that Rich will be a gun.

I just get annoyed when people reflexively compare every junior to Voss or Ablett or Goodes or whoever.

It's like people can't describe a player without erroneously bracketing with them a champion. It's tiresome.

• Banned
This thread has no point.
Really?

It's pretty simple, champ.

It's about which player posters expect to be better.

That's the point.

If you don't have an opinion, that's fair enough, but it's something entirely different. To say the thread has no point is incorrect.

Masten is cleaner off the deck, is better by hand and his footskills within 40m are about 10-15% better, seems to have more power and precision.

Eberts kicks seem to have too much height on them, like his drop of the ball is too slow and it hits his foot without as much momentum as they should.

Masten seems to have a more economical kicking action, gets the ball on to the boot faster and with slightly higher hurt factor because of the extra momentum he has behind the ball.

Eberts kicking action seems more suited to set shot kicking, I think it will improve as time goes on just because of the kind of work ethic he has and desire to improve but at the moment Masten is the better prospect.

I think Masten will probably the better player once he's bulked up a bit. His intensity around the packs is good and in a few years he will be a premier ball winner and most likely our next captain. Ebert will no doubt be a very valuable player too.

Really?

It's pretty simple, champ.

It's about which player posters expect to be better.

That's the point.

If you don't have an opinion, that's fair enough, but it's something entirely different. To say the thread has no point is incorrect.

OK then champ, what do you hope to achieve with this type of poll? Two young kids who are new to the afl. If you polled a coaster player v a player from another club then maybe fair enough. But why try to poll to see who is better or will be better within the club? We should be talking up these young guys particularly with the cleanup we have just had. Polls like these will lead to negative comments on either side.

Not needed right now IMO.

Masten.

Both will play (and are playing) important parts in our midfield but I think over the whole season that Masten has shown more, Ebert played a great game on the weekend as well but I dunno, for some reason I say Masten.

Masten will be a classy player as will Brad. .
I think if they reach their potential, we win either way!!! :D
Very important players for our future.

So whilst we have them I don't care..I just hope they reach their potential and we stick with them and they stick with us.
Best thing is we won't have to worry about Masten going anywhere :thumbsu:

Masten is a much better inside player with excellent hands in close and has better pace. His kicking skills are good but Ebert seems to be slightly better in that department. Ebert can play tall and take a contested mark and is a more natural goalkicker. They both have good composure and poise and are adapting to AFL footy very quickly. Two completely different midfielders and should work beautifuly together for years to come:thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 different types of players that can be equally as good as each other in their respective roles. If Ebert found another yard of pace he could be even better than Masten. How good is it that we got both!!!

OK then champ, what do you hope to achieve with this type of poll?
Achieve?

What does any thread achieve?

It's an interesing point of discussion.

But why try to poll to see who is better or will be better within the club?
To see what the consensus is.

There's no other reason.

I don't know why that upsets you.

Plenty of other posters have taken an interest, so it looks like you're Robinson Crusoe on that one.

Polls like these will lead to negative comments on either side.
Firstly, that's unlikely. Feel free to point out any posts that trash either player.

Secondly, what's wrong with negative comments?

Not needed right now IMO.
Which threads on the Eagles board are needed?

What about the polls comparing Eagles players who played in the #1, #2 and #3 guernseys?

I suppose you think these threads are needed?

Fair enough mate. Its your right to say and post what you want. I just dont see any value in facing 2 young players in the same team off each other.

I think they will do differant roles for the midfield and cant really be compared to each other. But who will be more successful : Masten Cause he's a WA boy and their is no chance of him going anywere.:cool:

I was impressed by the bulk Ebert already has on his frame judging by the pic in the liftout of the paper today. Masten still looks like a skinny teenager, but a very good footballing one at that.

I would put Masten ahead at this stage

But that is purely based on last years draft order as it is a bit early to making judgements on what they have shown so far

I can see Ebert being a future captain of the Eagles.

The way he just comes across - fearless, harworking.

Masten will be a gun, no doubt. Maybe even Brownlow material. In the long run, Ebert will be the bigger champion in the bigger 5-10 year timeframe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back