Chris Scott has a go at Gerard Healy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Then again bitching does have some benefits. Look at the WC free kick differential early in the season compared to now. You can argue that the WC are staging or whatever but it doesn't change the fact that umpires are interpreting free kicks differently for certain WC players.

Would this change occurred if there had not been a massive stink up about it? Doubt it.

So instead of being up 8-10 frees per match early in the year, you are only 2-3 frees up for the last 6 weeks. Boo hoo.

Have you ever thought that umpires do reviews of every game and may have discovered a commom theme to West Coast games and have been more aware of some of the things your players do?

So instead of being up 8-10 frees per match early in the year, you are only 2-3 frees up for the last 6 weeks. Boo hoo.

Have you ever thought that umpires do reviews of every game and may have discovered a commom theme to West Coast games and have been more aware of some of the things your players do?

Of course it's possible but just seems an interesting coincidence. The umpires say all the free kicks are right yet stop paying them.

Common theme, the twins, both losing, both whingeing ... that crowd, how can a franchise club have such passion compared to the traditional (aka 1800s) club ...

Why would he want to deflect? Yeah we lost, so what. West Coast are a very good team and at their home ground are always tough to beat. Can't really see the need to deflect our loss. It happens - some teams win, some teams lose. We lost - pretty simple stuff really. They beat us fair and square - they are a top 8 team and surprise surprise, they are actually capable of beating other sides in the eight. Not rocket science, no need for a deflection IMO.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but the way I see it is deflection is for those that are under performing and need an out of some sort to deflect from the actual story which is the under-performing etc. From where I sit, the Cats are not under-performing at all. I think most Cats supporters are very satisfied with how our year is panning out and we may still have a say in September yet - who knows.

I wasn't suggesting anything sinister, just that when coaches don't really want to talk about their own team's performance they can occupy reporters with inconsequential stuff, it is why Sheedy used to talk about martians, etc. It is not a huge issue, it can just direct media over the following days off the performances. As a perfect example, all the footy shows, talked a lot about Scott's comments, didn't really say much about the Eagles win.

It could be something as simple as to take a bit of heat off the players in the lead up to another very important game this week. Who knows, I might be way off but he would be as cunning as a weasel if he did it intentionally, which I think is a good thing. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't suggesting anything sinister, just that when coaches don't really want to talk about their own team's performance they can occupy reporters with inconsequential stuff, it is why Sheedy used to talk about martians, etc. It is not a huge issue, it can just direct media over the following days off the performances. As a perfect example, all the footy shows, talked a lot about Scott's comments, didn't really say much about the Eagles win.

It could be something as simple as to take a bit of heat off the players in the lead up to another very important game this week. Who knows, I might be way off but he would be as cunning as a weasel if he did it intentionally, which I think is a good thing. :p

Fair enough Tas - as I said, I may have misread or misunderstood your post. I doubt though that Chris Scott would have been doing that to be honest - he strikes me as being a bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and also a bloke who hasn't quite got his emotions in check after a loss as yet. I hope he is working at it though as I don't think it serves the club well to say those sort of things directly after a loss.

Didn't catch the end bit.
Loved how he was speechless after Gerard brought up about the time Mal Michael and one of the Scott boys went after an injured player in Riewoldt, and now his clubs captain is up for the same thing.
Not the same by a country mile , of the belting of the injured Reiwolt. The brothers incident last week was a ripper . He gave him a shove.

lol some supporters still think the Eagles do well from the umps....Welcome to round 5:oops:

Yep 7 goals from frees wernt enough fo you guys:rolleyes:
Keep perpetuating the myth

Well maybe if the eagles went in for the ball instead of trying to create another ruck contest....

No never mind.

You are right.

You are persecuted because you are west australian.

Well maybe if the eagles went in for the ball instead of trying to create another ruck contest....

No never mind.

You are right.

You are persecuted because you are west australian.

Yes because we are the ones who persist in saying WC are favoured by umpires...sheesh:rolleyes:

Nope got nothing to do with John what so ever

Every single one of them (except mayyyybe the last one against the hawks) was a fair 100% ball commited contest. When he did go the player he kept the arm down and hit them in the chest/arm/shoulder.

You are comparing that with someone that tries to hit someone on their clearly injured collarbone? You are either so one eyed that you cant see the differece, a moron, or just both (the most likely option).

If worsfold was coaching Geelong and Scott was coaching WC you'd be on the other side of the fence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back