News Clarkson on the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Clarko/Hodge/Lewis comments, from what I recall they were more talking about Lake's brainfades overall, not necessarily the incident itself. Might be wrong, but they were talking about the 50 he gave away and other mistakes as much as they spoke about the choking incident. Media just chose to play what they wanted too.
Lewis was more specific and answered a specific question about the incident (from memory).

With thanks to crazyhawk. Subscribe.

Thanks for the link. A great interview. No one in their right mind could argue with stuff he said about equalisation. The compromised draft, salary cap and fixture have had a deadening effect on the fans. Make them all - fixture, the draft and salary cap - genuinely equal and the game will be refreshed again.

Love the way Clarko isn't afraid to speak his mind about 'issues'. Brought up some very good points about the tribunal and the equalisation, especially with the whole Sydney Academy thing.

I don't understand why every club can't have an academy in any location of their choosing

Love the way Clarko isn't afraid to speak his mind about 'issues'. Brought up some very good points about the tribunal and the equalisation, especially with the whole Sydney Academy thing.

I don't understand why every club can't have an academy in any location of their choosing

What a great idea, then my eldest son can leave the evil Swans Academy and join a Hawks one. He hates wearing the red & white to training nights. As I say to him, you're only a Swan mate until you become a Hawk.

Even bringing the tribunal forward to Sunday night isn't nearly enough to avoid the trial by media. Their completely in full swing right after the game. Hell, I'd even go so far to say it happens immediately after the incident occurs with the amount of replays shown and punishment predictions they do while the game is just played in the background.

Given there's rarely more than 1 or 2 incidents per game, and in probably most none at all I would support the MRP sitting immediately following a game. There's also nothing to stop them starting the process while the game is still going either so it's not like they'll be there until 3am if there's a couple incidents that occur in a night game. If it has to go to the tribunal then that can happen the next morning/arvo with time extensions granted at the request of the club.

brace yourself guys - naming North to blame along with Hawks and AFL is bound to cause a sh1t storm tomorrow...great

Clarko and the club will probably cop a fine for that.
Even bringing the tribunal forward to Sunday night isn't nearly enough to avoid the trial by media. Their completely in full swing right after the game. Hell, I'd even go so far to say it happens immediately after the incident occurs with the amount of replays shown and punishment predictions they do while the game is just played in the background.

Given there's rarely more than 1 or 2 incidents per game, and in probably most none at all I would support the MRP sitting immediately following a game. There's also nothing to stop them starting the process while the game is still going either so it's not like they'll be there until 3am if there's a couple incidents that occur in a night game. If it has to go to the tribunal then that can happen the next morning/arvo with time extensions granted at the request of the club.

Or the MRP can use precedences, establish consistency and remove the impact of media?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great idea, then my eldest son can leave the evil Swans Academy and join a Hawks one. He hates wearing the red & white to training nights. As I say to him, you're only a Swan mate until you become a Hawk.

I'm confused at how I should feel about this comment.......... yay.....no........how dare you.........how dare I..........Curse you internet and not making context clear!!!

Time to move.
Think of your children.

Thanks for the link. A great interview. No one in their right mind could argue with stuff he said about equalisation. The compromised draft, salary cap and fixture have had a deadening effect on the fans. Make them all - fixture, the draft and salary cap - genuinely equal and the game will be refreshed again.

Yes Gerard and Mike ignored all of this

They weren't interested in discussing equalisation or trial by media

Yes Gerard and Mike ignored all of this

They weren't interested in discussing equalisation or trial by media

I love the way they Champion Paul Roo's and his disciples Lyon and Longmire.

But when the new CEO of the AFL went on their show they complain about the state of the game and how there is to many stoppages and rolling mauls.

Time to move.
Think of your children.

I have a cunning plan.....I'm going to let the Swans do all the ground work with him, train him up, prepare him for drafting etc. then take him out of their academy in his draft year and move to Melbourne so that the good guys can hopefully pick him up and the Swans are left lamenting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back