Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you move on as a club with a senior coach busy with his own legal battles? How is that in any way going to help the club move forward? If he truly wants what is best for the club, then he would resign and let the club move on while he continues to fight for his name. But he can't do that as a senior coach. EFC don't need any more negative press.
As has already been posted, he would call his lawyers and say make it happen. Would be a short phone call and take up no time whatsoever relatively speaking. He's not sitting there poring over insurance policy T&C's at the expense of coaching.

I didn't watch the game on the weekend due to refereeing Taekwondo all day (got back at 5:30, checked the score and decided not to watch) so I'll hold back on judgement for this week (the only footy I saw was the first half of Melbourne vs Collingwood). From what I can gather though, it seems like he's continuing to play a s**t game plan that everybody can work out and knows how to counter now.

I didn't watch the game on the weekend due to refereeing Taekwondo all day (got back at 5:30, checked the score and decided not to watch) so I'll hold back on judgement for this week (the only footy I saw was the first half of Melbourne vs Collingwood). From what I can gather though, it seems like he's continuing to play a s**t game plan that everybody can work out and knows how to counter now.

You'd be wrong. There is no discernible game plan.

Never thought I'd feel the way I do about James Hird.
It bothers me.
Coach James is much different to Captain James.

What's happened during his coaching years shouldn't stop people from still loving the bloke for his playing years (by love I mean, you shouldn't stop watching old games and still enjoy watching him play)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...fusing-to-pay-legal-bill-20150802-giq220.html
Essendon coach James Hird is suing his insurance company for refusing to pay his legal bill of more than $640,000 over the supplements saga.
Hird's appeal against the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority was unanimously dismissed in the Full Court of the Federal Court in January and he was ordered to pay costs.

oh well, why not

Chip slowly up the ground looking for an open target on the wings, then bring the ball inboard. I'm sure it's much more complicated then that but it's just so slow and lets the opposing team set up in defence.

It's infuriating when we get semi fast break and see 1v1s up the ground but instead they decide to hold it up and wait for our numbers.

This type of play would actually be okay if we had good kicking skills and could actually kick for goal.

As has already been posted, he would call his lawyers and say make it happen. Would be a short phone call and take up no time whatsoever relatively speaking. He's not sitting there poring over insurance policy T&C's at the expense of coaching.
The legal battle won't finish here. It'll keep going past the WADA appeal verdict and continue the circus. Better for the club to rebuild behind the scenes than on the front page.

He will never regain his reputation. He will never regain the trust of many Essendon fans. He might not even regain the trust of some players. It is time to move on.

To me, the time when I really lost it for Hird is when he continued with the appeal despite the club's wishes not to do so. It was very obvious that he wasn't going to win it, but decided to do it anyway.

Really shouldn't have gotten the contract extension. Another error that the club made.

The legal battle won't finish here. It'll keep going past the WADA appeal verdict and continue the circus. Better for the club to rebuild behind the scenes than on the front page.

What legal battle??

He will never regain his reputation. He will never regain the trust of many Essendon fans. He might not even regain the trust of some players. It is time to move on.

To me, the time when I really lost it for Hird is when he continued with the appeal despite the club's wishes not to do so. It was very obvious that he wasn't going to win it, but decided to do it anyway.

Really shouldn't have gotten the contract extension. Another error that the club made.

What does any of this have to do with him suing the insurance company?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What legal battle??
After the saga concludes. We cannot discount a long drawn legal battle. This is of course just 1 small factor compared to what already has occurred.
He definitely isn't afraid of taking things to court, something we've seen the last couple of years.

What does any of this have to do with him suing the insurance company?
This is the thread about our opinions on James Hird as coach isn't it? It doesn't have anything to do with suing the insurance company.

trending upwards from a 110 point loss to the reigning spooners... wow hats off to James Hird

he can't even use the 'playing the kids' meme when he brings melksham back in with no time in the 2s, and insists on giving matches and midfield minutes to Adam cooney
Playing 10+ players with less than 50 games is still 'playing the kids.' I'm not sure on what your definition of it is.

Nah there is, it's just not a very good one. Repeat stoppages and prioritizing possession over yardage. Worked fine with senior bodies and a decent ruckman, but if it isn't sustainable up to your 35th man, then it isn't good enough. Plus the game evolved while he was serving his suspension, you can't strangle teams defensively if you're not threatening in attack.

After the saga concludes. We cannot discount a long drawn legal battle. This is of course just 1 small factor compared to what already has occurred.
He definitely isn't afraid of taking things to court, something we've seen the last couple of years.

This is the thread about our opinions on James Hird as coach isn't it? It doesn't have anything to do with suing the insurance company.

This is what you originally said

How can you move on as a club with a senior coach busy with his own legal battles? How is that in any way going to help the club move forward? If he truly wants what is best for the club, then he would resign and let the club move on while he continues to fight for his name. But he can't do that as a senior coach. EFC don't need any more negative press.

I pointed out that suing the insurance company would not be taking up any of his coaching time. It's also not about "fighting for his name". It's about fighting for his legal costs. You then quoted me and went on about something completely different like it was reinforcing your original point.

Is game plan one of those new buzzwords that people love throwing out there? Like Peptides?

Well I was lurking on the pies board an apparently they have no gameplan either. Funnily enough their thread dedicated to Buckley isnt dissimilar to this one.

This is what you originally said

I pointed out that suing the insurance company would not be taking up any of his coaching time. It's also not about "fighting for his name". It's about fighting for his legal costs. You then quoted me and went on about something completely different like it was reinforcing your original point.
The statement "while he battles his own legal battles" doesn't only include the insurance. He has been doing it for a while now. This adds to it and I'm pointing out that it will not end here considering the verdict of the appeal is not out yet.

Even if it doesn't involve him much, the negative press will only increase.

I'll assume he's tanking with these strange selections, which i'm okay with.
But if he makes the same mistakes next season, god help us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back