List Mgmt. Collingwood List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by the goodbye messages, does feel like Lambert's was maybe forced out type situation. But Steph, mutual, they agreed for the best of the club/list and the best for her to prolong her career and a new challenge.

There is a driving force behind the list changes there, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how Frederick keeps surviving the cull.
While she hasn't been at her best, she's not really been the worst either. Plays a role...needs to get more of it though and do more. Next season is a make or break for her at the club.

While she hasn't been at her best, she's not really been the worst either. Plays a role...needs to get more of it though and do more. Next season is a make or break for her at the club.

I can only guess Frederick was retained to assist in two areas we are poorly represented in, and that's a contested marking forward, and in the ruck.
Particularly with Molloy, Moloney, and potentially Membrey all gone from our forward line setup for season 8, that's probably helped Frederick hold her spot in the squad....

So, Fowler gets a contract and Rowe gets a contract. Why? For what purpose do we sign those that do absolutely nothing on the field, yet Abbi Moloney goes? I will watch the draft closely, but if there is no genuine change we might as well skip this year. Right now, Collingwood looks like a colossal failure.

Chaston and Moloney delisted
I did laugh at these sentences... .

Collingwood foundation players Brittany Bonnici and Ruby Schleicher as well as key talents in Mikala Cann, Sarah Rowe, Eliza James and Charlotte Taylor have all signed contract extensions to remain in the black and white until at least the end of 2024.

Collingwood’s Head of Women’s Football Jess Burger said these commitments secure both the current and long-term strategy of the Club’s women’s football program.

Not sure how a one year extension to a number of our players (and the rest to end of 2023) covers the long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the compo should have been announced already. Unless they are now waiting til post trade lol So in a couple days. But it'll be for next years draft anyway
It's not too hard to announce that there will be a delay though.

Most likely just 2nd/3rd round picks going on history which is a total shafting for us and Carlton while Melbourne keeps everyone and their main rival Brisbane looses 3 players.

Equalisation, yeah right.

It's not too hard to announce that there will be a delay though.

Most likely just 2nd/3rd round picks going on history which is a total shafting for us and Carlton while Melbourne keeps everyone and their main rival Brisbane looses 3 players.

Equalisation, yeah right.
Yeah, I'm surprised Melboourne has got off scott free.

I can only guess Frederick was retained to assist in two areas we are poorly represented in, and that's a contested marking forward, and in the ruck.
Particularly with Molloy, Moloney, and potentially Membrey all gone from our forward line setup for season 8, that's probably helped Frederick hold her spot in the squad....
Yeah that was my thinking as well, it's really important for her now to step up, or she won't see another season. This is definitely last chance saloon for her.

Does anyone know the quality of players available in the 2023 overage draft?

We currently have Picks 13, 14 and 15 (I believe these are 7, 8 & 9 in the Victorian nominated players?)
Think there was a change to draft age or something so very little young talent in draft from memory.

Can’t get rid of everyone in one year!
Frederick provides experience, especially after losing Chloe & membrey.
Will be her last year I think.

Moloney & chasten not up to it. So don’t mind that either.

Getting 7,8,9 is a good result for the draft.
At least, in a one off draft with limited talent…3 picks in the top 10 is well done. As good as we could do.

We’ve done all we can to minimise the damage. So well done.

Compo will come whenever it comes…it’s for next year anyway..so don’t care if they decide on it in December!!

So, Fowler gets a contract and Rowe gets a contract. Why? For what purpose do we sign those that do absolutely nothing on the field, yet Abbi Moloney goes? I will watch the draft closely, but if there is no genuine change we might as well skip this year. Right now, Collingwood looks like a colossal failure.
Disagree.

We’ve jettisoned old players and brought in players with a better age profile.

Sure, lost talent that is completely out of our control (membrey/Chloe), but made the most of it in having 3 top 10 picks.
So that is as good as we can do.

Once it all settles down over the next 2 years, we can build again. But this period was always going to be difficult to significantly improve the list….so as bad as this sounds, setting ourselves up and staying in the top 8 is a good outcome….

Disagree.

We’ve jettisoned old players and brought in players with a better age profile.

Sure, lost talent that is completely out of our control (membrey/Chloe), but made the most of it in having 3 top 10 picks.
So that is as good as we can do.

Once it all settles down over the next 2 years, we can build again. But this period was always going to be difficult to significantly improve the list….so as bad as this sounds, setting ourselves up and staying in the top 8 is a good outcome….
We brought in one youth, Grace Campbell isn't that young. We are swamped by fringe players and if we are looking for answers in this draft, Burger is going to have to think outside of the box. Personally I don't think she can, her draft record bats at about 50%, it's always half assed.

As it stands for the draft, Octavia Di Donato, would be a prize if she slides. Molly Walton was unlucky to slip through the draft last year but too many players are capable of filling that halfback position (Although I would replace Casey and Brazzale for her in a second). Eliza James and Aishling Sheridan are the only medium forwards we have left (Please do not bring up Campbell as a forward option that experiment at North failed for a reason). Alana Lishmund from Norwood is an option but I have a feeling she will nominate the SA draft pool. Which leaves Matilda Zander who might be the only crumbing option available despite being 5ft nothing. As for tall forwards Tegan Williams from Casey and Mattea Breed from North Adelaide and probably the best tall forwards available. Liz McGrath should be the only delisted free agent on Collingwood's mind. She's the only decent ruck available unless somebody shines in VFLW early before the draft.

We brought in one youth, Grace Campbell isn't that young. We are swamped by fringe players and if we are looking for answers in this draft, Burger is going to have to think outside of the box. Personally I don't think she can, her draft record bats at about 50%, it's always half assed.

As it stands for the draft, Octavia Di Donato, would be a prize if she slides. Molly Walton was unlucky to slip through the draft last year but too many players are capable of filling that halfback position (Although I would replace Casey and Brazzale for her in a second). Eliza James and Aishling Sheridan are the only medium forwards we have left (Please do not bring up Campbell as a forward option that experiment at North failed for a reason). Alana Lishmund from Norwood is an option but I have a feeling she will nominate the SA draft pool. Which leaves Matilda Zander who might be the only crumbing option available despite being 5ft nothing. As for tall forwards Tegan Williams from Casey and Mattea Breed from North Adelaide and probably the best tall forwards available. Liz McGrath should be the only delisted free agent on Collingwood's mind. She's the only decent ruck available unless somebody shines in VFLW early before the draft.
Thanks for the insight.
I profess to know nothing about the upcoming crop....i was just pointing out that its no use expecting us to contend this year...or next year.

Just that, given what has happened, we've done as well as we can to mitigate it.
Whether Jess can find some gold is yet to be seen...however i agree with you here!

so lets see hoe this plays out....

Swans traded their #1 pick to Geelong for this girl. Shame they didnt trade for Chloe rather than getting her for free, as we might have ended up with that number 1 pick, now Geelong gets the top pick unfortunately

The No. 1 pick in the 2023 (overage) draft isn't much.
I doubt if there will be 30 players taken (excluding recycled players).

The compensation for Molloy will probably be just a 2nd round pick (should have been announced a week ago but the adminstrators are incompetent) in the 2024 draft.
The 2024 draft is far more valuable as we could get a quality U18 player.
Not a player of Molloy's calibre though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back