List Mgmt. Collingwood List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the best replacement you will find for Chloe on the open market.
Yeah, we'll see where she ends up. Her family situation must be serious, she was quite happy up there. Must have come sudden as there is no real contender right now.
But we should ask the question. Surely Bri knows her from her carlton days.

To me, Bonnici is our best player, when she's fit and healthy. I think she is one of the best mids in the AFLW by a long way, and she will be a great addition back into our midfield this coming season.
Well if you're that high on Bonnici, the good news is you're bringing in a 22yo version of her... except she can also do this wonderful thing called kick the ball (in the right direction):

collingwood-copy.jpg

The connection between Collingwood's midfield and forward line is lacking, and although co-captain Brianna Davey's return from an ACL injury will greatly assist in this, she cannot be the side's only reliable conduit to attack. Adding some midfielders/wingers who can identify valuable options inside 50 and have the skills to back up that decision-making, will help the Pies draw more out of their forward make-up.

TR110122DB0229.jpg

Brianna Davey at a Collingwood training session after injuring her ACL in round one, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos

I think their forgetting Bonnici in this write up, of what we need this trade period.
To me, Bonnici is our best player, when she's fit and healthy. I think she is one of the best mids in the AFLW by a long way, and she will be a great addition back into our midfield this coming season.
Surprised they don't mention our lack of ruck talent, as an area to strengthen.

Wouldn’t surprise to see Davey spending more time forward either. Really hard for opposition clubs to contain inside F50.

Looking at Chiocci & Lambert in StKilda strip, Malloy in Sydney colours is hard to swallow. All heart & soul types...
Definitely big changes

Couldn't have done much about the Molloy thing, but I reckon we've realising the other two are over 30 and aren't taking us any further (and saints prob giving them incentives, off field) and it was best to cut the cord, and refresh the list with some talent.

Last edited:
Chiochi is pretty much done. No big loss. And can’t help think what she did to Chloe hurt the club

Lambert - big loss - still has a lot of good footy despite the club trying to spin her as being old
Yeah Lambert is the loss, but she may have wanted a new challenge. Its not like this is her first club lol But what a champion player for us, cannot be understated.

Definitely big changes

Couldn't have done much about the Molloy thing, but I reckon we've realising the other two are over 30 and aren't taking us any further (and saints pron giving them incentives, off field) and it was best to cut the cord, and refresh the list with some talent.
Yep. See all that, and it does make some sense. I understand that Malloy got an offer we couldn't do anything about - it just sucks!

White, (tick) Campbell (?) & a pick upgrade means younger talent.

Getting Bonnicci & Davey back will be a great boost.

Yep. See all that, and it does make some sense. I understand that Malloy got an offer we couldn't do anything about - it just sucks!

Yeah, Brit and Bri are our best new recruits.

Looking at Chiocci & Lambert in StKilda strip, Malloy in Sydney colours is hard to swallow. All heart & soul types...
Chiocci can go. Been a liability the last few seasons, may as well get value for her coming the other way.

Sorry to lose Lambert but excited to see what White can do for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should target a proper ruck too. Frederick is a much better forward than ruck.

We should target a proper ruck too. Frederick is a much better forward than ruck.
I thought the opposite. She's no good forward. Awful if the ball hits the ground, slow, struggles to mark. I thought at least she provided a role when we put her in the ruck.
But yes, we should look for a ruck.

Don't mind what the club has done to this point of the trade period.
Chiocci, unfortunately had to be moved on, as l don't think she would’ve been a regular in season 8, with Davey becoming soul captain.
Lambert, will be a loss, but understand the club looking to cash in on her trade value before it's diminished. She will be 31 by the end of season 8.
White will be a very good player, alongside Davey and Bonnici in particular. Only 22 years old, so will be a long-term mid for us.
Grace Campbell was very good whilst at Richmond, then injuries hit at North, then an ACL, which put her on ice in season 7. Hopefully she's back playing good footy in season 8, and fit and healthy by the start of the new season. She definitely has the ability, and is only 27, so has time on her side.
Also like that we have 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft, which you think will give us two very good young players, unless we use one to bring in another ready made player.

Apparently Tarni Brown might be on the trade table. Word has it, the family is a little unhappy with the brothers delisting's. Hawthorn look like the prime candidate, we need that No.1 Vic pick if we are to get back in the game. That pick is power and we desperately need it.

So we are looking to win the Wooden Spoon this Season

So we are looking to win the Wooden Spoon this Season
Don’t be ridiculous. There’s no way we’re plumbing the depths of the worst sides in the competition.

Brown is a mid rotation at best at the moment - even if it were true it wouldn’t break the side

Don’t be ridiculous. There’s no way we’re plumbing the depths of the worst sides in the competition.

Brown is a mid rotation at best at the moment - even if it were true it wouldn’t break the side

Losing 2 of our Top 5 Player plus a Co-Captain

We don't get anything for 12 months.
2023 draft is just overage so probably only 20 - 40 players taken (min 3 per club has been waved.)
We will get compo in the 2024 draft.

Which means we will get 1 x 18 year old 12 months from now!
For a 24yo, CHF, Rising Star Winner, 2 x All Australian, Collingwood B&F, 2 x club leading goal kicker, Etc.

The AFL are yet to decide what pick we get but I can guarantee it won't be Pick 1. (What did Hawthorn get for Buddy)
Dogs got a second rounder when we lost Emma Kearney to North, just months after she won a premiership and was naked the AFLW best and fairest winner.. don't hold your breath on getting any significant compo unfortunately..

We’ve done very well.
Molloy….can’t do anything about that. Watch pick 50 come back our way!!

Steph…if we are serious, she is not best 22 this year. So happy to see her get a chance elsewhere and not force the club to make that call. Leadership or not….she would t play for us this year.

Lambert- hurts. Underrated quality!! Hurts this year….but white/Evans they will be hoping step up.

Bonnic/Davey i- will be avg Coming off a knee. So temper what they can do.

Love that we have two top 10 (vic) pics….ignore the actual numbers.
Getting 7+9 in vic draft is a good effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back