Collingwood media diversion bingo

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
A game we can all play.

April 17. Collingwood lose to Melbourne by six goals.
April 18-19. Gary Pert is all over the media to talk about Grant Hackett’s in-flight meltdown.

May 1: West Coast smash Collingwood by 10 goals.
May 2: Buckley says he will “reach out” to Damien Hardwick (Hardwick wishes he’d thought of this first)

Bonus Bingo: Buckley calls Mrs Hardwick by mistake, leaves long message and longer trail of irrelevant press conference questions.

May 7. Collingwood lose to ‘rebuilding’ Carlton
May 9. Eddie McGuire reveals “thoughts” of quitting but doesn't actually quit

Bonus Bingo: In 20 years as public figure, first sign ever that McGuire has an interior life.

Can they keep this up until round 23?

Thats awesome, how long did it take you to come up with this gem.
I have seen some cringeworthy threads but this is one of the worst.
You didn't even try to disguise the fact that you are a troll, I bet you came up with the idea of this thread over playlunch with your little friends.:thumbsdown:

A game we can all play.

April 18-19. Gary Pert is all over the media to talk about Grant Hackett’s in-flight meltdown.

May 2: Buckley says he will “reach out” to Damien Hardwick (Hardwick wishes he’d thought of this first)

Bonus Bingo: Buckley calls Mrs Hardwick by mistake, leaves long message and longer trail of irrelevant press conference questions.

Bonus Bingo: In 20 years as public figure, first sign ever that McGuire has an interior life.

The best part is it's worked an absolute charm. No-one in the media has written or said anything at all about Collingwood currently playing awfully.

Pity you had to go and spoil it as they'll be on to us now.

Seriously, how much attention needs to paid to our current standing before it will satisfy some people that we do receive media criticism? With just a cursory glance at The Age's site I can see eleven articles about how crap we are and that Buckley's, Eddie's, Pert's and half our list's jobs are at risk.

That's from one media source, all written since Saturday.

The best part is it's worked an absolute charm. No-one in the media has written or said anything at all about Collingwood currently playing awfully.

Pity you had to go and spoil it as they'll be on to us now.

Seriously, how much attention needs to paid to our current standing before it will satisfy some people that we do receive media criticism? With just a cursory glance at The Age's site I can see eleven articles about how crap we are and that Buckley's, Eddie's, Pert's and half our list's jobs are at risk.

That's from one media source, all written since Saturday.
Definitely a poor effort

I haven't seen Eddie do it yet but both Buckley and Pert have mentioned the Pies copping more than their fair share of scrutiny.

Makes me chuckle because if there's another side out there who's going further and further backwards over 4 years and escaping the blow torch I'd like to know who it is.

I know Mark Neeld was on another level as a basket case compared to Bucks (who I do like) but the witch hunt for him was far more vicious than anything Buckley has seen yet.

If there is one thing Collingwood can't do it is escape media scrutinising them. They cop more than any other club. To think they try and deflect it well thats just silly as they can't as they are a huge club.
They will cop it, rebuild and come back just like any club would.
Still behind Richmond by a long way in the media trolling stakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

April 25 - Special early edition of Footy Classified at 8:30 on one of 9's digital channels to spruik Collingwood's win over Essendon and interview Buckley. Has it happened since, nah of course not

Impressive, not even Robin Hood could draw a bow that long.

Also brilliant of us to get them to put it on one of 9's exciting and ever so high rating digital channels too. When most other clubs are dictating what a tv network does they would fall for the obvious trap of getting it put on the main channel, you know, the one people actually watch, but we're too clever for that.

Hey look, another article has just appeared on The Age website. That makes 12 in 5 days roasting us. I'd hate to see what would happen if the media wasn't so intent on going easy on us. When they're not distracted by our diversions, obviously.

A game we can all play.

are you a stalker?

April 25 - Special early edition of Footy Classified at 8:30 on one of 9's digital channels to spruik Collingwood's win over Essendon and interview Buckley. Has it happened since, nah of course not

do you mean the one they advertised pre game as an early show? the show following a game many thought would be 50/50?

A game we can all play.

You're actually spot-on with this. The best thing about Collingwood having so much media clout that allows them to put any article they want out in the press is that it unbelievably still convinces many pies supporters or those on the fence that there is still a question on whether Buckley can coach or not.

Everyone else knows, and has for a long time, that the bloke can't coach and is dragging the pies down further each year he is in charge. Long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. If a club as rich and powerful as them is this stupid they deserve everything that will come to them.

do you mean the one they advertised pre game as an early show? the show following a game many thought would be 50/50?

What if it was a 50/50 game between say Carlton and Essendon, would they have moved the time slot to fit in a interview with Bolton or Worsfold?

I got no issue with the pre arrangement of it, but it is the only week this year that they have shown it at a time slot before 10 pm and the only week they've chosen to show it on one of their two digital channels.

Why is it that every week prior and every week since has been 10 0'clock or later on Channel 9, is it something that Eddie and Colingwood have pushed for directly after the ANZAC Day game?

What if it was a 50/50 game between say Carlton and Essendon, would they have moved the time slot to fit in a interview with Bolton or Worsfold?

I got no issue with the pre arrangement of it, but it is the only week this year that they have shown it at a time slot before 10 pm and the only week they've chosen to show it on one of their two digital channels.

Why is it that every week prior and every week since has been 10 0'clock or later on Channel 9, is it something that Eddie and Colingwood have pushed for directly after the ANZAC Day game?

I hope you didn't stay up all night coming up with this.

So many salty Collingwood supporters in this thread
A thread that is used to directly insult Collingwood. What the **** do you actually expect?

Any team's supporters would do this.

I hope you didn't stay up all night coming up with this.

Considering its daytime nah I didn't. You've neatly sidestepped my initial question of whether a Carlton or Essendon representative would have been interviewed also, well played their.

As for the ANZAC Day game as much as I tipped Essendon (with my heart) to win I don't think it was ever 50/50, was always going to be weighted in Collingwood's favour, the first quarter when they below the Bombers out of the water proved that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back