Collingwood player betting investigation (Update: Crisp gets fine, no suspension, see p.5)

Remove this Banner Ad

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Current Collingwood player formerly from Brisbane under investigation apparently....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky if a bet you made a year ago catches up to you. Alwell rules are rules. If he did it, precedent has been set he'll miss 6-8 weeks and deservedly so. Bad for him, he's had a good pre season performance and looked like he kid play round 1. But, do the crime pay the time

IF it was on the AFL he could be in some Trouble
Whatever. He's not important enough to the side for it to have an impact if he's suspended, but I doubt it will even get to that. It's not like he bet on a game he was playing in like Heater did.

Whatever. He's not important enough to the side for it to have an impact if he's suspended, but I doubt it will even get to that. It's not like he bet on a game he was playing in like Heater did.

Well - Crisp is not a Automatic best 22 player anyway. Won’t be a massive miss from the AFL Side

It obviously is a bet on the AFL or else he wouldn't be under investigation. He's more than welcome to bet on basketball, soccer, horses, etc.

Well I hate to say he deserves what ever he gets from being a Idiot

Unlucky if a bet you made a year ago catches up to you. Alwell rules are rules. If he did it, precedent has been set he'll miss 6-8 weeks and deservedly so. Bad for him, he's had a good pre season performance and looked like he kid play round 1. But, do the crime pay the time

Depends on the circumstances, how long has he been under investigation, did he self report, etc. You could potentially see a suspended sentence sort of scenario?

Complain how under resourced Brisbane are and you'll get a slap on the wrist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back