List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treloar has got, at best 4 years left of footy - Henry should have 10-12. I would say Henry has had a bette year than Treloar in 2022.

You don’t know that pick 2 would have got us any more than what we did in 2021. Ginnivan and Mccreery wouldn’t be here, and they’re walk up starts. We would have likely walked away with Mciness and Mccrae and not much else.

I think for the long term, we’ve done very very well
Treloar + picks 26,33,42 for pick 14 and a future second is an absolutely rubbish deal, it's so one sided in the doggies favour it's not even funny.

Pick 14, a future 1st + 2nd for picks 26 33 and 42, and Treloar would have been a decent deal.

The original is also terrible because the dogs didn't need pick 14, they needed points. Pick 14 for 26, 33 and 42 could have been a deal that was done outside of the Treloar trade anyway.

It should have been negotiated that because we're paying 300k per year of his salary, we get a better pick outcome for the trade. Instead, we got absolutely bent over on both accounts.

I wasnt talking about the specific players more so the ‘way’ in which it was handled.

Mismanagement of a salary cap, Beams deal, public nature of it, the way Treloar was dealt with etc etc.

No, Guy nor the club deserve an apology.

Yes, the selections and players we ended up with vs output of those that left could end up being a win (at the moment I would say it is)
Yeah fair enough - I’ve learnt to understand that anything Collingwood do is going to have A LOT of scrutiny.

Just look at how ginnivan is being treated right now, and De Goey.

All I care about it is getting better, winnings games and winning flags. Media rubbish is irrelevant.

Henry is a 6 possession a game forward atm, Treloar is definitely having a better year. Henry had more years but we could easily find a similar player with similar amount of years left. We’ve already got Reef who can fill that role for a similar amount of years.

Fairly sure that pick two for us Poulter and McMahon not McCreery and Ginnivan, Ginnivan was from the rookie draft and had nothing to do with that pick.

Long term we’re alright but we could be had we used our currency more wisely.

If the trade is million dollar Treloar or 10 years of Henry its a no brainer.

Henry is still 19yo and has already won games off his own boot.

Luke Jackson has offers of 900k+ per year, I doubt we are going to continue to pay someone equal or more than a 22yo future star. I think Port Adelaide are all over him
Luke Jackson has quickly become perhaps the most overrated player in the competition

Luke Jackson is only 20 years old. He’s an extraordinary talent

Luke Jackson has quickly become perhaps the most overrated player in the competition
I must say, I agree and have said in the past that he is the most overrated player in the comp. However, the market has inflated his price and Freo are dumb enough to pay it. The point is that he is 22yo and has a bright future, our man is 28yo and is loosing his athleticism

Luke Jackson is only 20 years old. He’s an extraordinary talent
He’s being rated on potential at the moment. The current version of him certainly isn’t worth the contract offers being talked about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer Darcy Cameron even when he played mostly forward.

Really? Based on what? Compare them at the same age....

Even compare them for this season....

Jackson is still only 20 years old, he's an extraordinary talent. What's he going to be like when he's hitting his prime?

Really? Based on what? Compare them at the same age....

Even compare them for this season....

Jackson is still only 20 years old, he's an extraordinary talent. What's he going to be like when he's hitting his prime?
You’re taking the piss with the same age comparison Jackcass. All those stats do is back up my point. Cameron scores more goals and takes more marks.

Here’s another, you can post this all you want.

Not denying Jackson is a talent with potential but I certainly wouldn’t pay the money being talked about here for potential.

If the trade is million dollar Treloar or 10 years of Henry its a no brainer.

Henry is still 19yo and has already won games off his own boot.

Yeah spot on. Also not sure if anyone watched the dogs swans game on friday night but Treloar was playing in the backline. Bevo moving the magnets. Few dogs supporters saying adsy is well and truly cooked.

I think once again and I made this very apparent during the trade period last year that you a ) DONT win flags without a solid defence and b ) you need a gun contested mid type player to win you the ball at the coalface.

Currently we are doing a well, and b we are struggling big time. LDU and Anderson made us look second rate on the weekend.
Adams looks average at best these days, Pendles is slow, Sidey dominates against bog opposition. Elliott needs to stay forward and Nicky D has come on but he’s not ready to be a contested bull just yet. Our assortment of outside mids and link up mids is fine but we really need to get ourselves a ball winner.

For that reason, like we should’ve got will brodie, I hope we go after timmy taranto. It is a must for us going forward that we start to top up with elite strong big bodied mids.

Play football. Think how good Grundy was in 2018-19 and Jackson will be significantly better
Except there is nothing to indicate that at all. Grundy was even better at the same age in 2015. Better in ruck contests, took more marks, laid more tackles, got more of the footy, gathered more clearances. His disposal efficiency was worse (he was kicking it much more than Jackson), and Jackson kicks 0.15 more goals per game than Grundy did in 2015.

So please, tell me where this incredible development is coming from? Jackson is a mediocre ruck in the sense of ruck contests, doesn't take many marks, and doesn't kick many goals.

Influence Grand Finals?
I mean, he played okay in the Grand Final I guess. A few good tackles and some hitouts. But it was hardly some epic performance.

Except there is nothing to indicate that at all. Grundy was even better at the same age in 2015. Better in ruck contests, took more marks, laid more tackles, got more of the footy, gathered more clearances. His disposal efficiency was worse (he was kicking it much more than Jackson), and Jackson kicks 0.15 more goals per game than Grundy did in 2015.

So please, tell me where this incredible development is coming from? Jackson is a mediocre ruck in the sense of ruck contests, doesn't take many marks, and doesn't kick many goals.

I mean, he played okay in the Grand Final I guess. A few good tackles and some hitouts. But it was hardly some epic performance.
That was the most overrated GF performance ever. The guy had 8 disposals and apparently he was BOG, lol.

I always was happy tbh, I thought they were the right moves to be made for the club at the time

McMahons biggest knock is that he can’t crack the senior side. I’m not much of a VFL watcher, but other than injuries, his name isn’t often brought up. Very happy to be wrong - but time is ticking
I think if we got 7kgs on McMahon he may turn out alright, he can read the play and has a nice kick on him. He is twenty now and he is 198cm so he is tall and has had a few injuries,too early yet to put a line through him imo.

Gonna have to start collecting a media speculation timeline early this year. I had one going last trade period and it actually turned out to be reasonably uneventful compared to the year prior.
I think this year may be a bit more drama filled than 2021 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back