List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article on cloke says: "Industry sources said today the premiership goalkicker would be worth a third-round draft pick."

i wouldn't be trading him for a third round pick. Be quite happy to keep him on out list. They also say we would pay some of his wage. I find it really odd we would take a low pick and pay part of his wage. He is contracted, surely we ask for more!

The most ambiguous term EVER used. This just has to be someone who works in the AFL ecosystem without an specific knowledge. Basically, this is just some journalists throwing around numbers on their coffee break.

A massive downside to not playing finals is that we are now in trade season which officially doesn't start for six weeks.

Part of me wants to ignore reading every bit of news/gossip/rumours but deep down I know I'm going to be refreshing constantly like a junky needing a footy fix.

I just googled the Treloar trade and he announced that he wanted to be traded and named us as his preferred destination on September 8th. Hopefully JOM and Cloke will announce where they will want to go soon to at least remove the guess work.

Can anyone inform me how a rumour being posted on that Voy forum makes it any more legit than a rumour being posted on here?

I swear a lot of people hang onto every post coming out of there.

Because they have a proven track record of club insiders and very well connected people (Collingwood and in AFL in general) who post on there. Bigfooty may get the odd poster who comes across info and shares but often not with any regularity so is more hit and miss.

Not everything comes to fruition from EBnW but a fair of it does, especially from certain posters you just need to know from who.

Can't vouch for AshW but Member, Colin, Pyeman and The Scout are all good sources. Kev Jnr when it comes to WA info on jnrs on the recruiting scene.

There are a couple more but they post less frequently.

Most people are smart enough to take a wait and see approach to ALL rumours. The links posted by myself and MagpieBat are just so others can mull over it for themselves. Believe or don't, It's no skin of our nose.

The other part is just because Degoey may have had a grumble to family doesn't mean his mind or heart is set on leaving might of been a spur in the moment gripe and then moved on.

Ditto with the club side they maybe just putting the feelers out there to put a rocket up his arse if the attitude (rumour is he has gotten ahead of himself) thing is correct.

So whether they are true or not he may not go anywhere anyway. I just find it interesting that this stuff is floating around the recruiting fraternity.

A massive downside to not playing finals is that we are now in trade season which officially doesn't start for six weeks.

Part of me wants to ignore reading every bit of news/gossip/rumours but deep down I know I'm going to be refreshing constantly like a junky needing a footy fix.

I just googled the Treloar trade and he announced that he wanted to be traded and named us as his preferred destination on September 8th. Hopefully JOM and Cloke will announce where they will want to go soon to at least remove the guess work.
If it's us you'd imagine we won't hear until we're knocked out.

I just said in the Cloke page, I went to the Dockers game on the weekend and kept a close eye on him as obviously aware of the rumours. It might be a small sample size but his kicking is some of the worst i've seen in my time watching football... whether it's fundamentally bad and ugly or whether he actually improves with time (Ben Johnson style) is pretty much a best case scenario.... they are just ugly wobblers that go to the wrong places. I really dont want him it'd be Jaxson Barham all over again (if only we had Beams to stop his recruitment)

Nah, if a player wants out its pointless keeping them against their will. Besides given the way the year has panned out its doubtful the club wants to keep him anyway. This decision by Cloke wont have been made alone. It woudl have been mutually agreed with the club.

We wont get shafted, players of his quality are rare and teams in the premiership window in need of a key forward will be falling over each other to get him. But he is nearly 30 with up and down form so his trade value will reflect that.

I wouldn't be bothered whether he likes it or not. They really squeezed our nuts last time and David Cloke has been trying again this year. I almost feel the leverage to get an extension was form and attitude. That Travis skulked around because he wasn't getting the extension. Too f*cking bad.

If they want to go elsewhere a 3rd round is just excrement, not even worth stopping to look at. A second round from the Dogs is pretty miserable in its own right too. I'd be looking to offer a Cloke/Witts package deal for 1st round and the wage element can become part of the calibration.

Ed said this morning theres no way we pay any of Clokes contract and the only reason we payed some of Heath Shaws contract is Brissy was paying a portion of Crispys money
That makes no sense unless Ed could see in to the future when Shaw was traded...

Well yes, they are.

Compensation injuries are also common (eg. your chondral injury), muscle wastage is a major issue, and the surgery is open rather than arthroscopic which has longer recovery and higher complication rate.

I don't have AFL data at hand for you, but for example this paper by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons refers to over a decade's worth of data on NFL players and indicated patella tendon rupture had the worst return to play rate, worst performance scores in the first year post-injury, and worst survival rates of all commonly occurring injuries.

http://aaos2016.conferencespot.org/...fileserver/file/616744/filename/Paper_841.pdf

I await your rebuttal.

Like a cold metal spoon on the utensil.

Well yes, they are.

Compensation injuries are also common (eg. your chondral injury), muscle wastage is a major issue, and the surgery is open rather than arthroscopic which has longer recovery and higher complication rate.

I don't have AFL data at hand for you, but for example this paper by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons refers to over a decade's worth of data on NFL players and indicated patella tendon rupture had the worst return to play rate, worst performance scores in the first year post-injury, and worst survival rates of all commonly occurring injuries.

http://aaos2016.conferencespot.org/...fileserver/file/616744/filename/Paper_841.pdf

I await your rebuttal.
Oh, snap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicked two massive ones from long range on the run in the 3rd to get us back into a game recently (actually blanking on the opposition - wasn't you guys was it?), and also has a good mark on him, so adding that to a good crumbing goal sense means he could be handy up forward. Disposal is the issue and he's not a great set shot.

So in summary hes not as good as Fasolo or Elliot

A decade?
I would say I very much enjoyed the three Grand finals he helped allow me to view
He missed 2 in the last half of the 1st 2010 GF which nearly cost is. He didn't kick any in the winning GF. He is one of the worst shots at goal by a forwardin my 50 or so years of watching the game.

Anyway, he wants out so he's someone else's problem

Well yes, they are.

I await your rebuttal.

From the articles I've read Cooney's injury is different to Jom's. I'll let you explain the difference.

I wouldn't be bothered whether he likes it or not. They really squeezed our nuts last time and David Cloke has been trying again this year. I almost feel the leverage to get an extension was form and attitude. That Travis skulked around because he wasn't getting the extension. Too f*cking bad.

If they want to go elsewhere a 3rd round is just excrement, not even worth stopping to look at. A second round from the Dogs is pretty miserable in its own right too. I'd be looking to offer a Cloke/Witts package deal for 1st round and the wage element can become part of the calibration.

I have no interest whatsoever in going over that overrated "Damir screwed us" rubbish.

I do agree however that between Witts Cloke and even Williams we should be able to get a first round pick back in return. That would be far better than some surplus to requirements player like Jong. We should be trading for picks. We dont need players...unless its O'Meara and I have significant reservations about him as well

Eduardo has said there is no way Collingwood would be paying any of Cloke's wage.

List management is not Ed's portfolio & he should not be pre empting any scenario that the list management team come up with.
He needs to butt out & let them do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back