Conditions at Skilled?

Remove this Banner Ad

fugsy

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just wondering what the conditions were like at SS yesterday. From what I remember SEN didn't say a great deal about it. Does the win against WC shut down the critics that say we can only win at TD with the roof closed? "Flat track bullies" I believe is one of the terms that was being thrown around.

Thoughts?

Just wondering what the conditions were like at SS yesterday. From what I remember SEN didn't say a great deal about it. Does the win against WC shut down the critics that say we can only win at TD with the roof closed? "Flat track bullies" I believe is one of the terms that was being thrown around.

Thoughts?

Conditions yesterday were perfect for football. Mild, sunny and only a zephyr of a breeze. No cause for excuses for either side there.

The funny thing is that we were called flat track bullies coz we beat up on the teams on the bottom of the ladder, we beat the ladder leaders yesterday, and people were saying they were due for a loss. I guess after we beat Freo next week people will be saying Fremantle were over-rated. No credit given for Geelong beating the Eagles at their own game, ie. winning the contested ball.

Conditions were perfect for footy. One major problem - the ground is too small - ask Ticketek about the demand for seats - and we could not come anywhere near meeting the demand. What are the immediate plans for extension?

Conditions were perfect for footy. One major problem - the ground is too small - ask Ticketek about the demand for seats - and we could not come anywhere near meeting the demand. What are the immediate plans for extension?
Planning to expand SS to 36,000 by 2020.

The funny thing is that we were called flat track bullies coz we beat up on the teams on the bottom of the ladder, we beat the ladder leaders yesterday, and people were saying they were due for a loss. I guess after we beat Freo next week people will be saying Fremantle were over-rated. No credit given for Geelong beating the Eagles at their own game

Thats the best thing about the win. I hope it happens all year.

Planning to expand SS to 36,000 by 2020.

I thought it was 2015.

The capacity of Skilled really is reducing the amount of members within Geelong IMO, if there were more reserved seats (more then two together) i would buy one but it seems most years there are only single seats scattered around the ground so it wouldn't encourage many to buy reserved seats.

If only they had the money to fast track an expansion.

I thought it was 2015.

The capacity of Skilled really is reducing the amount of members within Geelong IMO, if there were more reserved seats (more then two together) i would buy one but it seems most years there are only single seats scattered around the ground so it wouldn't encourage many to buy reserved seats.

If only they had the money to fast track an expansion.
I heard it was 2020 but I could be wrong. I hope it's 2015 haha. Yeah I agree it does reduce the amount of members and it's also hard to get general admission seats as well meaning a lot of people just don't bother going because there probably won't be any tickets left if they just walk up.

22,000 there (plus 14) - sold out game. Sounds pathetic these days!
What is S.S.'s capacity?

I heard it was 2020 but I could be wrong. I hope it's 2015 haha. Yeah I agree it does reduce the amount of members and it's also hard to get general admission seats as well meaning a lot of people just don't bother going because there probably won't be any tickets left if they just walk up.

I think you are right, it must've been something else that will be finished by 2015..

Btw- is the ticket resale situation still going on?

Ticket resale continues - but inadequate for a match like Sunday's. I know a number of Eagles and Cats supporters who tried to get seats or even entry but couldn't. I've never seen 27,000 given as attendance figures - they'd be on top of the old Hickey stand and hanging from the balconies of the new one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back