Society/Culture Constable Butcher gets $3.3 Million Payout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the McLouds were waiting for the minute Butcher got his payout to lodge their law suite.

As others have said, the fat old repugnant **** shouldn't have been street brawling if his health was so delicate .. but you never know though - he might actually win the case for all i know.

Don't see how he could possibly win though - whilst I'm not a fan of the taser Butcher was within his rights to use it and unless there was an internal investigation and he maybe had to answer charges regarding the use of excessive force, I just can't understand how they could win and I don't think Butcher will lose any sleep over it.

Would love to see Butcher lodge a counter claim against the son

The McCleods are taking legal action against the Commish, the Govt, the police and Matt Butcher.
There are some angry people in the police union at the moment and the general public will jack up. But everyone getting angry and outraged and mouthing off weren't there.
Me either, so no pre judging for a start, but strange things occured that night and no one will probably ever know who is really to blame.
So as usual with human beings, blame each other.

Sounds like the McLouds were waiting for the minute Butcher got his payout to lodge their law suite.

As others have said, the fat old repugnant **** shouldn't have been street brawling if his health was so delicate .. but you never know though - he might actually win the case for all i know.
Well Max, how do you know the personality of the individual with the heart complaint, or the circumstances in which he was tasered, you don't .I'd say you know nothing much at all, as you are going to follow the Sun ,s

Well Max, how do you know the personality of the individual with the heart complaint

I judge the personality of the individual by his actions. Read the following:

Robert McLeod, a former boxer, was lucky not to go to jail 13 years ago for an ``unprovoked gratuitous act of senseless violence''.

He was fined $4000 in 1996 when he was convicted by a jury of assault causing grievous bodily harm, and was told by Judge Peter Williams he was very fortunate to get off without a jail sentence.
The maximum sentence was five years jail.

Mr McLeod, then 43, punched and kicked an opposition goalkeeper in a veterans' social soccer match. He felled the keeper with a round-arm punch to the back of the head as he caught the ball, then kicked him full in the face when he fell to the ground, breaking his nose.

The judge said the incident would have been disturbing for the daughter of victim Ian Nelson. Aged 8, she had been standing behind the goal talking to her father during the game at Warrandyte Reserve, Craigie.

This info was from article - McLeod family no strangers to troubleArticle from: PerthNow (original link is no longer valid on Perth Now but i found it in http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=56170398158&topic=7798. )

Robert McLeod, a former boxer, was lucky not to go to jail 13 years ago for an ``unprovoked gratuitous act of senseless violence''.

He was fined $4000 in 1996 when he was convicted by a jury of assault causing grievous bodily harm, and was told by Judge Peter Williams he was very fortunate to get off without a jail sentence.

Mr McLeod, then 43, punched and kicked an opposition goalkeeper in a veterans' social soccer match. He felled the keeper with a round-arm punch to the back of the head as he caught the ball, then kicked him full in the face when he fell to the ground, breaking his nose.

The judge said the incident would have been disturbing for the daughter of victim Ian Nelson. Aged 8, she had been standing behind the goal talking to her father during the game at Warrandyte Reserve, Craigie.

This info was from article - McLeod family no strangers to troubleArticle from: PerthNow (original link is no longer valid on Perth Now but i found it in http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=56170398158&topic=7798. )

What a fine upstanding piece of Pommy s**t! I bet he's never taken out Australian Citizenship.

What has being an Australian citizen got to do with it?

I am an English born Australian citizen.

I am no more or less likely to punch somebody then kick them in the face as a result of pledging alliegance to this country. (Actually, I pledged alliegance to the Queen).

Dog act, but like I said earlier in the thread, the McLeod's are hardly Perth's answer to the Pettingill's - which is what the Worst is desperate to suggest with there florid description in todays rag of daddy McLeod as the "patriach of Perth's notorious McLeod 'family' ".

Dont get me wrong, i'm not defending the McLeod's here....but imagine if Robert McLeod had of died of that heart attack, and Butcher hadnt of hit his head on the curb? We would be having a very different conversation right now. My heart goes out to Matt Butcher, I wouldnt swap places with him for all the money in the world, but ultimately as an former officer I am also concerned about the force having a positive relationship with the community at a street level....I can see that being continually damaged, and having more incidents like this if we dont get a handle on the taser situation.

What has being an Australian citizen got to do with it?

I am an English born Australian citizen.

I am no more or less likely to punch somebody then kick them in the face as a result of pledging alliegance to this country. (Actually, I pledged alliegance to the Queen).

And I commend you for being such. Unfortunately too many Poms elect not to follow you, of all the immigrants to this country those from poverty rock are the most reluctant to take out Australian Citizenship despite the fact they don't have to renounce their British Citizenship.

Dog act, but like I said earlier in the thread, the McLeod's are hardly Perth's answer to the Pettingill's - which is what the Worst is desperate to suggest with there florid description in todays rag of daddy McLeod as the "patriach of Perth's notorious McLeod 'family' ".

Dont get me wrong, i'm not defending the McLeod's here....but imagine if Robert McLeod had of died of that heart attack, and Butcher hadnt of hit his head on the curb? We would be having a very different conversation right now. My heart goes out to Matt Butcher, I wouldnt swap places with him for all the money in the world, but ultimately as an former officer I am also concerned about the force having a positive relationship with the community at a street level....I can see that being continually damaged, and having more incidents like this if we dont get a handle on the taser situation.

Over to you Karl and Rob the Knob Johnson. What a double that is?

[/B]

Over to you Karl and Rob the Knob Johnson. What a double that is?

Karl isnt the problem...ultimately he is just an administrator.

Rob Johnson on the other hand. Absolute scumbag, who has been all too happy to use Butcher for his own grubby base law and order drum beating political ends.

A large part of why I left the force, was that I always saw my role as helping the community. I joined young, and certainly didnt start out like that, but I gradually realized what gives the greatest lasting satisfaction was helping those in the community at the coalface. I wasnt on the force to throw my weight around, and exert power over people. I could see where things were heading and got out. The introduction of tasers has for mind been a recipe for disaster with a lot of officers that are on the force for the wrong reasons. Plain and simple.

Karl isnt the problem...ultimately he is just an administrator.

Rob Johnson on the other hand. Absolute scumbag, who has been all too happy to use Butcher politically.

That's all he's ever been really and that's why lot of the boys don't rate him at all.
Not only is Johnson a scumbag he's as thick as s**t and has always has been, to make him Police Minister was not only a disgrace but an insult to the WA Police Service. Oops not allowed to call it Service any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine if Robert McLeod had of died of that heart attack,

what a shame if that had happened.

The guy has to prove malice, which he won't do. So all that will happen is it will goto court, he will lose, get costs awarded against him, at which point they'll say don't have any money and the tax payer will end up footing yet another bill for these scumbags.

If you say so. The upside was less paperwork.

Anyway can you give statistics? A randomised sample of incidents and the results?;)

I'm sure the Fitzgerald Report has enough to satisfy anyone :) http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=10877

Say what you like about Joh's Queensland, at least street urchins were regularly beaten into following the straight and narrow. Or made to become prostitutes.

So you believe its the noisy minority overriding the silent majority. I don't know anymore Meds.

Yes I do. There is plenty of evidence to suggest the public is way to the right of politicians when it comes to crime eg harsher sentences, substantial support for capital punishment etc etc.

Governments repeatedly lie over many stats but their efforts re crime are pretty special.

"Discriminate" against someone on racial/religious grounds or call them a nasty name and the bleeding heart brigade will go beserk. Cop a king hit from behind in a pub or have your car stolen and noone gives a stuff. Mention ethnicity and crime rates and you are worse than a rapist.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest the public is way to the right of politicians when it comes to crime eg harsher sentences, substantial support for capital punishment etc etc.

Hardly surprising when you see the way that crime is oversensationalised in certain sections of the mainstream media.

Hardly surprising when you see the way that crime is oversensationalised in certain sections of the mainstream media.

And certain sections of the media openly fabricate (not just exaggerate) re economics. Who is complaining about that?

Governments lie over and over again re crime stats. Not just in Australia but other countries.

Yet time and time again we are told that the man in the street is an idiot and cant be trusted with his opinions that only worldly politically correct judges and magistrates who are immune to public opinion are worthy to cast judgement.

Bleeding heart gibberish. Give me the wisdom of crowds every day.

And certain sections of the media openly fabricate (not just exaggerate) re economics. Who is complaining about that?

Governments lie over and over again re crime stats. Not just in Australia but other countries.

Yet time and time again we are told that the man in the street is an idiot and cant be trusted with his opinions that only worldly politically correct judges and magistrates who are immune to public opinion are worthy to cast judgement.

Bleeding heart gibberish. Give me the wisdom of crowds every day.

Well, I'm sure the people swinging from trees will provide a nice diversion on my walk to work. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back