Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

because in the years I havent bothered with the jab I was fine, and in the years I get it I get the flu.

First year I had a flu shot, I got the flu and swore it was the shot that made me sick so I didn't get one for a couple of years after that. Then I really got the flu and thought I was dying. I realised what I thought was the flu after the shot the first time was just a cold. Now I get the shot every year early in the season, first week it becomes available.

Victoria are winning this. 1 new case with more tests than usual done yesterday. 129 active cases which is among the lowest in the country. I wonder why nobody has suggested Melbourne as the hub for AFL yet. Makes sense when you analyze the stats a bit closer.

First year I had a flu shot, I got the flu and swore it was the shot that made me sick so I didn't get one for a couple of years after that. Then I really got the flu and thought I was dying. I realised what I thought was the flu after the shot the first time was just a cold. Now I get the shot every year early in the season, first week it becomes available.
I've never had the flu but it does amazing how many people say they have the flu when it's just a bad cold or even just a normal flu. My understanding is the proper flu you are bedridden your body aches you get cough, fever along with normal cold symptoms. I suspect these people haven't had a flu because if you did you wouldn't be calling the common cold as a flu.

With hardly any students physically at NSW schools for approx. the last 4 weeks, it's not surprising that there is little or no evidence of spread of the virus between asymptomatic virus infected students.

Even if there was little or no evidence of spread of the virus between asymptomatic virus infected NSW students/children as of last month, given that the level of asymptomatic infection of NSW students is currently unknown, and was unknown last month too, it's little wonder that the NSW schools virus management approach that NSW Government announcement in the last 24 hours, is a cautious one.

Still no mention/discussion/position (I've heard/seen/read) by NSW authorities of their position on the currently taboo subject of what they think of students travelling to and from physical school on public transport trains/buses/ferries or private buses/mini-buses, where adhering to social distancing is almost impossible to implement. Same goes for workers travelling to and from work.

There have already been posts by teachers (allegedly) in public forums/media article readers comments requesting that any students travelling to/from physical school to NOT travel by public transport, and to look at options like car pooling with other parents. I'm pretty sure that this issue will be very high on the list of concerns of teachers and other school staff, as well as parents who might refuse to have their children be schooled from schools where some teachers/workers on the school premises or students are travelling to and from school via public transport or private school buses/mini-buses.
This includes cleaning staff and other supplier workers who are not directly employed by the school.

VIC Premier Andrews gets it and is talking (as I type) about the virus risks spread of students travelling to and from schools.
One way or another, I'm reasonably confident that NSW Government will be dragged in the direction of Victoria on this (by a combination of unions/teachers/school staff/parents/carers/public opinion), until there is more concrete current sustained, per reviewed evidence of very little asymptomatic spread amongst the general population and amongst all age groups of students, and social distancing measure being implemented on NSW Public and Private school buses/mini-buses transport. Including all public transport workers wearing face masks at all times and possibly having tested positive for antibodies to the virus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kinds of seedy s**t are you guys getting up to, to be so against tracking at this time? If the app helps speed up the exit plan by even a few weeks then I'm all for it.
Ah, the ol' 'if you have nothing to hide, you have to nothing to fear' nonsense.

It's like saying we don't need free speech because you have nothing to say.

Last edited:
This

If you're not doing anything wrong who cares?

If you're following the rules practicing social distancing and only going out when necessary, why would you want to open the door to the government tracking every move you make? It's open to abuse and we all know, or should know that it will be. When you give away freedoms it's very hard to take them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back