Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohit and Gil have both just brought up their hundreds - Ind 1/264
129 runs in the first session - if they bat at that pace for the rest of the day, they'll pass 500 by stumps. This could get REALLY ugly for England!!!

Kiwi's look like setting Australia a decent target. Only 29 behind now and 9 wickets left.

The way we've been batting, anything more than 120 to win is going to be a battle.

Mind you, NZ may implode again and be all out for 119 sorry 120 ;)

Going to be a challenging 4th innings chase. But the wicket has browned considerably since day 1 and not much there for the spinners either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have to give the Black caps the edge at this stage. Australia's batting has been less than convincing over the past 3 Tests mainly because of the Smith move up the order which has not been a roaring success and the introduction of two new faces in the middle order. At the moment Australia are being carried by the bowlers and if we have to get 300 plus in the fourth innings it will definitely be, game on.

Going to be a challenging 4th innings chase. But the wicket has browned considerably since day 1 and not much there for the spinners either.
We'll be chasing more than we made in the first innings - I'm nervous.

I would have to give the Black caps the edge at this stage. Australia's batting has been less than convincing over the past 3 Tests mainly because of the Smith move up the order which has not been a roaring success and the introduction of two new faces in the middle order. At the moment Australia are being carried by the bowlers and if we have to get 300 plus in the fourth innings it will definitely be, game on.
Agree with this. Its not impossible but 278 is still a very challenging total given how hit and miss a lot of our batsmen are right now. Need all 11 players to dig in and not give anything away cheaply.

Great to see Bazball has inspired our batsmen to be better cricketers.....
We really need a proper opener.
Smith is not the answer unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if things would have been any different if Warner had still been playing - given his record outside Australia, I suspect not.

Lots of soul searching needed, ahead of the Australian summer against India.
The batting has been concerning for awhile it feels an unbalanced order with two old fart openers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back