Remove this Banner Ad

Team for next season when we improve .

BETTS , WALKER , GRIGG
LYNCH , JENKINS , CAMERON
SMITH , DANGERFIELD , SLOANE
LAIRD , TALIA , HENDERSON
BROWN , HARTIGAN , OTTEN
JACOBS , CROUCH , KERRIDGE

From CROUCH JNR , LYONS , JAENSCH , CEY then KNIGHT , ATKINS .

BETTS , WALKER , GRIGG
BROWN , HARTIGAN , OTTEN

Why is Grigg in the FP?

Why is Grigg in the FP?
Obviously one of our mids needs to start forward and he is good at finding space , is strong overhead and adds a both a lefty and elite kick to the forward line . That should be our resting pocket with Danger , Sloane and Kerridge all spending down time around goal .

BETTS , WALKER , GRIGG
BROWN , HARTIGAN , OTTEN

Don't rate Douglas or are you trading him? Doubt mackay will walk as a free agent. VB will be in th 22.

BETTS , WALKER , GRIGG
BROWN , HARTIGAN , OTTEN

I doubt Lyons will be at the club next year almost certain to be traded for more opportunity.

O
Don't rate Douglas or are you trading him? Doubt mackay will walk as a free agent. VB will be in th 22.
Oops missed Richie but Mackay wouldn't be in my best 22 moving forward .
VB wouldn't make many other lists at this stage , he is a mediocre footballer who has good endurance running capacity and a good head on his shoulders . Well past it IMO .

Best 22 2014:
Betts, Jenkins, Podsiadly
Cameron, Walker, Kerridge
Sloane, Thompson, Smith
Jaensch, Talia, Henderson
Brown, Rutten, Hartigan
Jacobs, Douglas, Dangerfield
Mackay, B.Crouch, Wright
Lynch

Best 22 2015:
Betts, Jenkins, Lynch
Sloane, Thompson, Smith
Otten, Hartigan, Brown
B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Mackay
Laird

Next in line: Wright, VB, Lyons, Grigg, CEY, Shaw, Knight, Battersby

Best 22 2015:
Betts, Jenkins, Lynch
Sloane, Thompson, Smith
Otten, Hartigan, Brown
B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Mackay
Laird

Next in line: Wright, VB, Lyons, Grigg, CEY, Shaw, Knight, Battersby

how about we wait until this season is over and the free agency/trade period and national/pre season drafts are complete before
expressing our best 22 for 2015.

Posted this on another thread...
Kane's Top 18 Crows players
1. Dangerfield, midfield/forward, 24 age, 117 games
2. Walker, forward, 24, 70
3. Talia, defender, 22, 62
4. Crouch B, midfield, 20, 16
5. Sloane, midfield, 24, 86
6. Smith, defender/midfield, 22, 62
7. Douglas, midfield, 27, 141
8. Jacobs, ruckman, 26, 90
9. Lynch, forward, 23, 32
10. Kerridge, midfield, 21, 20
11. Betts, forward, 27, 192
12. S Thompson, midfield, 31, 253
13. Jenkins, forward/ruckman, 25, 34
14. Otten, utility, 24, 69
15. Henderson, utility, 25, 56
16. Rutten, defender, 30, 220
17. Mackay, midfielder, 25, 113
18. van Berlo, utility, 27, 182

Age, No Players, Ranking
20, 1, 4
21, 1, 1o
22, 2, 3/6
23, 1, 9
24, 4, 1/2/5/14
25, 3, 13/15/17
26, 1, 8
27, 3, 7/11/18
30, 1, 12
31, 1, 15

Basically, all of our best players - bar 2 (Thompson & Rutten) are aged 27 or under ... & have plenty of footy ahead of them. Further we have ready replacements M Crouch/Lyons for Thompson & Hartigan for Rutten.

I like the fact our better players still have plenty of good footy left in them. Our spine, assuming Hartigan plays more than Truck, would be one of the youngest in the comp and in Lynch, Hendo and BCrouch we have some very talented guys waiting in the wings.

Depth is an issue given our sanctions but even now our best 25-30 is very solid. Probably 5 short of a top 4 squad but some clever trading and drafting can hopefully fix it.

Anyone else finding it difficult to pin down our best 22?

From the side that beat the Suns who are we missing?

I'd say we all agree Lynch and B.Crouch should come straight in when fit (for Wright and Martin?)

We're probably split on if Henderson and VB are in the best 22 (I'd say Henderson is but not sure who he'd replace)

Then there's M.Crouch, Grigg...

I'd say we all agree Lynch and B.Crouch should come straight in when fit (for Wright and Martin?)

We're probably split on if Henderson and VB are in the best 22 (I'd say Henderson is but not sure who he'd replace)

Crouch Jnr isn't a lock 22 yet and I doubt the club would've expected him to play all games this year anyway. He'll be managed throughout the year.

Brad Crouch comes in for one of Wright/Martin/Lyons. Still listed as a test and no way he'd be selected straight up so wouldn't expect to see him for a couple of weeks.

Lynch not sure how he fits at the moment. Still not convinced we can have him alongside Tex, Pods, Jenkins but then you couldn't drop any of them based on current form. He's still listed as 2-3 weeks away and then would be unlikely to come straight back in to the AFL side given he'd only have played 2 games of footy so far for the year. By that stage who knows what position we will be in.

Henderson and VB still a while off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget about VB for this year as I would be very surprised to see him back.

B Crouch = Lyons
Lynch = Wright/Cameron
Henderson = Martin

With some tinkering of roles...

B: Otten, Rutten (Hartigan), Brown
HB: Jaensch, Talia, Henderson
C: Smith, Dangerfield, Sloane
HF: Lynch, Walker, Douglas
F: Betts, Jenkins, Podsiadly
R: Jacobs, Kerridge, B Crouch
I: Thompson, Mackay, Laird + Wright/Lyons/Cameron/Martin

Last edited:
Forget about VB for this year as I would be very surprised to see him back.

B Crouch = Lyons
Lynch = Wright/Cameron
Henderson = Martin

With some tinkering of roles...

B: Otten, Rutten (Hartigan), Brown
HB: Jaensch, Talia, Henderson
C: Smith, Dangerfield, Sloane
HF: Lynch, Walker, Douglas
F: Betts, Jenkins, Podsiadly
R: Jacobs, Kerridge, B Crouch
I: Thompson, Mackay, Laird + Wright/Lyons/Cameron
Hmmm ... That's one sexy lookin' team.

Cameron an ideal sub at this stage of his development.

Like it

All fit and healthy here's my team for the Dream Final II this September ;)

Obviously form would dictate who gets the spots re the contentious positions but so as to not sit on the fence I'll bold my current choices.

B: Brown - Talia - Henderson
HB: Smith - Hartigan/Rutten - Jaensch
C: Sloane - S Thompson - B Crouch
HF: Douglas - Lynch - Cameron
F: Betts - Walker - Jenkins
1R: Jacobs - Dangerfield - Kerridge
Int:
1) Mackay
2) 1 versatile tall if required for match-ups (JPod/Otten)
3) 1 defensive versatile small (VB, Laird, Wright)
4) 1-2 ball-getting mids (M Crouch/Martin/Lyons/Grigg)
Looks good but our backline looks too small (even though Smith and hendo are tall neither should take the third tall forward) I would have:
Otten in for Jaensch
Laird in for M.Crouch
Wright in for JPod (depending on match ups)

Power have shown how much better a side looks without injuries. I can't help but wonder how different things would be if they had our injury list and we were full strength. Or even better if they played Hawthorn with their 3 best players plus a number of other key players and Hawthorn were full strength.

Power have shown how much better a side looks without injuries. I can't help but wonder how different things would be if they had our injury list and we were full strength. Or even better if they played Hawthorn with their 3 best players plus a number of other key players and Hawthorn were full strength.
I agree, and I know it sounds like sour grapes but they seem to be playing teams just at the right time too.

I agree, and I know it sounds like sour grapes but they seem to be playing teams just at the right time too.

Absolutely, Geelong after the Hawthorn game and a limited break, Fremantle during their form slump, Hawthorn with their first side unavailable then us with 7 of our best 15 out. Don't get me wrong they have been impressive and they can only perform against who shows up but it makes you wonder. It really hurts that we also lost 2 first round, 2 second round picks and a gun CHF. I think we have shaped up pretty well.

Absolutely, Geelong after the Hawthorn game and a limited break, Fremantle during their form slump, Hawthorn with their first side unavailable then us with 7 of our best 15 out. Don't get me wrong they have been impressive and they can only perform against who shows up but it makes you wonder. It really hurts that we also lost 2 first round, 2 second round picks and a gun CHF. I think we have shaped up pretty well.
They've played well - but have been incredibly lucky

Just looking at this now, great feature you've created here.

Using this, Ive selected my best 22 I would like to go into next year with so far with no trades or draft picks. Untitled.jpg

- No more Thompson or Pods. Use them as back up only. Crouch to start from day dot.
- LT in as 3rd tall as we have literally no one else.
- It actually depresses me that I cannot fit Laird into the side. I for one, think that we are missing him down back badly and Brown has struggled a bit lately without him down there to help out. His composure, his mongrel, his reading of the play.... But I just cant fit him in anywhere to be honest. Could possibly replace Martin, and Martin could be used as depth. I actually have high hopes for Laird and believe he could become quite the utility (but a midget version). Would love to see him down back with stints through the middle again. He just always seemed to be in the right spot at the right time down back, could rely on him 9/10 to get the job done
- Empty spot goes to CC obviously.
- Still cant squeeze Lyons into the side (unless for Kerridge maybe). However I like Kerridge's versatility. Can limit and opponent and then go forward if we need goals.

Just looking at this now, great feature you've created here.

Using this, Ive selected my best 22 I would like to go into next year with so far with no trades or draft picks. View attachment 75976

- No more Thompson or Pods. Use them as back up only. Crouch to start from day dot.
- LT in as 3rd tall as we have literally no one else.
- It actually depresses me that I cannot fit Laird into the side. I for one, think that we are missing him down back badly and Brown has struggled a bit lately without him down there to help out. His composure, his mongrel, his reading of the play.... But I just cant fit him in anywhere to be honest. Could possibly replace Martin, and Martin could be used as depth. I actually have high hopes for Laird and believe he could become quite the utility (but a midget version). Would love to see him down back with stints through the middle again. He just always seemed to be in the right spot at the right time down back, could rely on him 9/10 to get the job done
- Empty spot goes to CC obviously.
- Still cant squeeze Lyons into the side (unless for Kerridge maybe). However I like Kerridge's versatility. Can limit and opponent and then go forward if we need goals.
For mine I'm hoping:
- Siggins will have a break out pre-season and grab CHB. He's looked good in his past handful of games.
- Grigg on the bench/ground and Martin Sub/SANFL.
- 3rd tall down back will be Goldsack (fingers crossed).
- No M. Crouch?

From a personal perspective, would love to see a forward line of Betts, Jenkins, Cameron, Danger, Lynch, Kerridge, Lyons and Walker (Danger, Kerridge, Lyons rotating with 1-2 always in there), just feel that it is more dangerous that way and faster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back