Dale Thomas vs Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This poll was never going to go well. Collingwood supporters should learn that making a poll with Thomas vs. Anyone is going to yield a highly anti-Thomas result.

Your best chance is to wait and see if Josh Thomas becomes a quality player, then combine the Thomases against a player who is disliked by everyone... maybe Milne.

Perhaps that may be true to some extent, but in this thread it is clearly warranted.

Higgins is a long way ahead of Thomas at this point in time.

Higgins clearly, but...

Absolute no contest.

Higgins. In fact, of the players selected after Dale Thomas in the 2005 draft, I would take:

Ellis, Kennedy, Pendlebury, Ryder, Clark, Higgins, Hurn, Birchall, Varcoe on par, Dempsey, Bower, Muston, Ibbotson, McKinley, Vince, Gilbert, Anthony, Neagle, Swallow, Carlile, Bartram on par, Stokes.

This nicely highlights what TRS was suggesting; Thomas wouldn't win a poll on BF even if it was against...well, Jay Neagle.

Higgins clearly, but...

This nicely highlights what TRS was suggesting; Thomas wouldn't win a poll on BF even if it was against...well, Jay Neagle.
This is why Lloyd easily beats Richo in the BF poll. Because everyone hates lloyd and everyone loves richo. Factor that out and when comparing which is greater it's quite clear that Lloyd is much better since he was only a few votes behind Richo last time I checked.

Well yeah, I'd rather a FF or KPD/HBF (Bower) than a pocket/flank/wing player. Especially ones who've shown enough to suggest (injuries permitting) they'll make it.

Muston should've read (on par). In his limited game time he's already shown enough for me to rather him than Daisy.

If it's any consolation, I'd rather Thomas than players such as Dowler, Oakley-Nicholls, Jones, Thorp, and Reid; high draft picks from '05/'06.

Well yeah, I'd rather a FF or KPD/HBF (Bower) than a pocket/flank/wing player. Especially ones who've shown enough to suggest (injuries permitting) they'll make it.

Muston should've read (on par). In his limited game time he's already shown enough for me to rather him than Daisy.

If it's any consolation, I'd rather Thomas than players such as Dowler, Oakley-Nicholls, Jones, Thorp, and Reid; high draft picks from '05/'06.

You're taking the piss. Position should only come into it when the two players are reasonably close ability wise. By your reasoning you'd rather Sean Rusling than Angus Monfries.

Not to mention the numbers show Thomas is ahead of several of the players who play similar positions that you listed, including your very own Dempsey.

You're taking the piss. Position should only come into it when the two players are reasonably close ability wise. By your reasoning you'd rather Sean Rusling than Angus Monfries.
Once again, I can tell I'm not going to succeed in convincing an opposition supporter of Neagle's ability, so I'm not going to bother. Not being sulky, just realistic. I've had this same discussion with a few supporters in recent times.

Not to mention the numbers show Thomas is ahead of several of the players who play similar positions that you listed, including your very own Dempsey.
Again, I'd rate Dempsey's ability greater than Thomas'.

This was Dempsey's first 'full' season, and before injury struck mid-late, he was often a matchwinner from defence.

Agree to disagree. However I will state that I was perhaps a little over zealous with the Muston and Bartram comparisons; other than that, I was being completely honest. I don't even mind Collingwood, so there's no malice behind my post. I simply rate the aforementioned players enough to honestly say I'd pick them ahead of Thomas in my own hypothetical team.

In 3 years time Higgins will be talked about as one of the best in the competition. Thomas won't.
I'm no Thomas knocker, I think he's a hard working if inconsistent footballer and contrary to opinion he's a pretty tough player too but this isn't even a fair poll.
Higgins by a fair way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year clearly Thomas has been better, been getting the ball more and using it well but Higgins has had an injury riddled year

Again, I'd rate Dempsey's ability greater than Thomas'.

lol wut?

I couldn't even be bothered reading the whole thread, but i did see this.

The same Dempsey that was dropped from your team? Christ if you can't get a game in that backline then you are seriously in trouble.

Dempsey is a classic s**t kicker, no one on earth would take Higgins, let alone Dempsey over Thomas.

I'd still take Higgins.

No you wouldn't, Higgins is s**t.

People say he is injured, but what about when he was running into goal and handballed it off from 40m out. That isn't a sign of injury, just a sign that he is a peaheart who is too gutless to try and put a stamp on the game. He is happy to float around the forwardline and do nothing.

Spud.

No you wouldn't, Higgins is s**t.

People say he is injured, but what about when he was running into goal and handballed it off from 40m out. That isn't a sign of injury, just a sign that he is a peaheart who is too gutless to try and put a stamp on the game. He is happy to float around the forwardline and do nothing.

Spud.

Dude it's an opinion, everyone has one.
Mine is I prefer Higgins. Better kick (especially set shot), more creative.
Plus I confess I like graceful players, Higgins is classy, Thomas a little more workmanlike but very effective at times.
Thomas is a good player, but I would choose Higgins if it was a game of schoolyard footy and it was my pick. Not a lot in it just I rate Higgins. Simple.

higgins by so so so so much.

he's more of a complete player. thomas does the odd extrodinary thing but higgins always contributes with about 20 touches and 1-2 goals.
hang on thats what thomas does consistantly higgins and bs band of big footy supporters are rubbish . Once again pie bashing at its ugly best. Higgins would have to be the most overated player currently, great downhill skier, very high squib factor, consistantly injured. whereas Thomas will continue to improve to eventually become a true collingwood champion and become even more hated than the great N Buckley. The thought of seeing Thomas hold a priemership cup over his head will fuel a mass suicide of rival footy fans. It is written and it shall be done. qoute 2TONE nevermore.:thumbsu:

Absolute no contest.

Higgins. In fact, of the players selected after Dale Thomas in the 2005 draft, I would take:

Ellis, Kennedy, Pendlebury, Ryder, Clark, Higgins, Hurn, Birchall, Varcoe on par, Dempsey, Bower, Muston, Ibbotson, McKinley, Vince, Gilbert, Anthony, Neagle, Swallow, Carlile, Bartram on par, Stokes.

LOL @ you. Pendlebury yes, Ryder, Kennedy, Gilbert, Clark, Higgins you could argue but the rest... full of utter failure. LMAO at Neagle over Thomas.

People still agree on their poll option they chose? just curious...:)

99% of people would agree Thomas has had a far better season than Higgins, that doesn't mean he will be better over career though. The fact it took Thomas until his 5th season to have a decent season while Higgins did it in his 4th while missing big chunks of first 3 seasons says a lot. Come back and bump this is 3 years time.

Shaun Higgins better make sure he keeps the short back and sides. If he had Dale Thomas' hair he'd be absolutely crucified on these boards, the criticism would actually be accurate if it was aimed at him as well.

Higgins has all the tools to be an elite player, too bad he'd prefer to be having a tea party with Polly Prissy Pants every week. Grow some balls son.

Thomas could win the Brownlow, Coleman and Norm Smith and people would still rate Higgins ahead on potential.

Yes and if Higgins won them Collingwood fans would still rate Thomas better.
You guys are as one eyed as it gets which is fine, it's when you demand everyone else bow down and acknowledge Collingwood are the greatest team with the greatest players and the greatest recruiters it's bound to get peoples backs up.

Just goes to show that we should really wait until a player has fully developed before we make comment, or else you'll come out of it looking like a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back