Dale Thomas vs Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show that we should really wait until a player has fully developed before we make comment, or else you'll come out of it looking like a tool.

Does it? I still don't rate Thomas. But sure, Collingwood are the greatest side ever, will you sleep easy now?

Yes and if Higgins won them Collingwood fans would still rate Thomas better.

Conveniently excluded the fact that virtually every Pie supporter that posted in this thread pre-2010 said Higgins was better.

A lot would still consider him to have a bigger upside as well, me included (providing he hardens up a bit).

Collingwood are the greatest team with the greatest players and the greatest recruiters

Agreed

i dont see how higgins has more upside. i did pre season 2010. however this year has shown that malthouse putting him into all those various positions has made thomas a more rounded player. my money says that within 2 years time thomas is gonna be up there with the best in the competition. he will be a gut running goal scoring midfielder. goes harder then higgins, murph, ellis and pendles. hes got all the tools and this year is when he is first starting to put it all together. just wait. 2 years and he'll be the biggest thing since.... well himself! when he got drafted in 2005. :)

Shaun Higgins better make sure he keeps the short back and sides. If he had Dale Thomas' hair he'd be absolutely crucified on these boards, the criticism would actually be accurate if it was aimed at him as well.

Higgins has all the tools to be an elite player, too bad he'd prefer to be having a tea party with Polly Prissy Pants every week. Grow some balls son.

i'd agree with this

also the pies are flying and we're playing like s**t, so that has to be factored into it

most players look good in an 80 point win

i think higgins has more skills but thomas is playing better at the moment

i will say this, when higgins has a set shot, he's close to the most reliable in the afl

lol wut?

I couldn't even be bothered reading the whole thread, but i did see this.

The same Dempsey that was dropped from your team? Christ if you can't get a game in that backline then you are seriously in trouble.

Dempsey is a classic s**t kicker, no one on earth would take Higgins, let alone Dempsey over Thomas.

Don't fret, the same battler said Ben Reid is a hack b/c he did weights workouts with him.

Don't fret, the same battler said Ben Reid is a hack b/c he did weights workouts with him.
Read their pre-game thread for the ANZAC Day clash. They were claiming that Dawes and co were D grade players and that Hurley would win the ANZAC Medal because he'd get Reid as a defender.

Read their pre-game thread for the ANZAC Day clash. They were claiming that Dawes and co were D grade players and that Hurley would win the ANZAC Medal because he'd get Reid as a defender.

Hurley is extremely overrated & Essendon supporters on BF are easily the most deluded supporter base here.

Was a betting thread on their board & I suggested the $4.90 for ADL +40 was very good value. The battler who referred to Thomas being inferior to Dempsey blanked out the tip!:D

i dont see how higgins has more upside. i did pre season 2010. however this year has shown that malthouse putting him into all those various positions has made thomas a more rounded player. my money says that within 2 years time thomas is gonna be up there with the best in the competition. he will be a gut running goal scoring midfielder. goes harder then higgins, murph, ellis and pendles. hes got all the tools and this year is when he is first starting to put it all together. just wait. 2 years and he'll be the biggest thing since.... well himself! when he got drafted in 2005. :)

This is exactly why majority of people hate Collingwood with a passion. 'Daisy' will never be a top player, do you watch any of those players you mentioned?

Murphy, when required to has proven he can win a hard-ball, Ellis may have a slight frame but if you think he isn't hard, I suggest you check yourself into a psych ward. Higgins is harder, and more talented than 'Daisy', too. The only bloke he's harder than is Pendlebury, and that's only because he stares at himself in the mirror.

This is exactly why majority of people hate Collingwood with a passion. 'Daisy' will never be a top player, do you watch any of those players you mentioned?

Murphy, when required to has proven he can win a hard-ball, Ellis may have a slight frame but if you think he isn't hard, I suggest you check yourself into a psych ward. Higgins is harder, and more talented than 'Daisy', too. The only bloke he's harder than is Pendlebury, and that's only because he stares at himself in the mirror.

Uve read only what u wanted too and wrote a pointless post because of it. 'daisy' is harder then all of the players I mentioned. Especially Ellis

Uve read only what u wanted too and wrote a pointless post because of it. 'daisy' is harder then all of the players I mentioned. Especially Ellis

It must be true, because you say so. Watch some games that don't involve Collingwood. Watch Carlton play, when Judd isn't playing inside mid, you'll see just how hard and tougher Murphy is. Watch the Doggies play, when Higgins is actually required to play in the middle. Watch a Hawthorn game all together, Ellis puts his slender frame on the line time and time again.

Wouldn't expect anything more from a Collingwood peanut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I take it you've seen collingwood games then... Your honestly going to say those players are harder then Thomas? God ur collingwood hate is just oozing through!

It must be true, because you say so. Watch some games that don't involve Collingwood. Watch Carlton play, when Judd isn't playing inside mid, you'll see just how hard and tougher Murphy is. Watch the Doggies play, when Higgins is actually required to play in the middle. Watch a Hawthorn game all together, Ellis puts his slender frame on the line time and time again.

Wouldn't expect anything more from a Collingwood peanut.
If someone still doesn't rate Thomas, it's because they either don't watch him play, or they have some petty Collingwood hatred. Based on what you've said, I'm guessing the latter.

You seriously need to calm down.

If someone still doesn't rate Thomas, it's because they either don't watch him play, or they have some petty Collingwood hatred. Based on what you've said, I'm guessing the latter.

You seriously need to calm down.

Sorry Sir. How dare I share an opinion that differentiates from yours.

......and you're the one attacking michael knoth for having an opinion different to yours. Double standards are fun I guess.

Carry on. Thomas is s**t, Pendlebury is soft, and Ellis is a tough kant.

Sigged. :)

Higgins has actually gone backwards this year. Might be carrying injuries but I'm not sure what his go is. He's stopped going in hard for the ball and even when playing an outside role he's been missing targets.

On this years form Daisy takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back