Scandal Daniel Kerr Arrested for Assault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Like given the right to bash people and set them on fire.

Yeah poor old Ketamine Kerr, can't quite adapt to acting within the law now that footy is finished. My sympathy bucket is overflowing
That kind of petty name calling diminishes you more than it does Daniel Kerr (who is unlikely to ever read it). If you can't accept the world is nuanced and not simply black and white, then heaven help you if you ever stumble.

Like given the right to bash people and set them on fire.

Yeah poor old Ketamine Kerr, can't quite adapt to acting within the law now that footy is finished. My sympathy bucket is overflowing

I wouldn't be getting too high on that ivory tower.
Jeff Farmer was convicted of assault numerous times and even took a baseball bat to his wife whilst at Fremantle.
There is no right to commit the crimes Kerr has but it is impossible to be grounded in the culture that was at WC when they won the flag.
Drugs (which happens at every club), success and being the biggest show in a town that has few outlets to the big cities of Australia other than football has caused some to behave out of control.

There is no right to commit the crimes Kerr has but it is impossible to be grounded in the culture that was at WC when they won the flag.

Impossible? Guys like Glass and Wirrpanda seemed to have no problem staying grounded.

Jeff Farmer was convicted of assault numerous times and even took a baseball bat to his wife whilst at Fremantle.
Drugs (which happens at every club), success and being the biggest show in a town that has few outlets to the big cities of Australia other than football has caused some to behave out of control.
Making s**t up doesn't give you any credibility at all, so why bother?

Making s**t up doesn't give you any credibility at all, so why bother?

You are disputing Farmer was done for assault at Fremantle?
There is a player on your current squad who waved a baseball bat at his partner.
These problems aren't particular to West Coast.
They are league wide.

Well you decided to bring this up, how about showing me some proof. Shouldn't be too hard seeing it will be on public record.

Well you decided to bring this up, how about showing me some proof. Shouldn't be too hard seeing it will be on public record.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-03-31/dockers-farmer-charged-with-assault/162370

Star Fremantle forward Jeff Farmer has been charged with the common assault of his 25-year-old partner.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b-assault-charge/story-e6frf37c-1111113434522

FREMANTLE forward Jeff Farmer could be on his way out of the club, and possibly the AFL, after the Dockers banished him after a charge of assault on a bouncer at a Perth nightclub.

He pleaded guilty to both charges. He was charged a third time after his stint at Fremantle.
It isn't a WC specific issue. It's league wide.

You are disputing Farmer was done for assault at Fremantle?
There is a player on your current squad who waved a baseball bat at his partner.
These problems aren't particular to West Coast.
They are league wide.
Farmer has not been "convicted of assault numerous times" as you stated, and you are now changing the baseball bat story. Perhaps you'd better just stick to the facts.

Playing semantics isn't helping anyone's cause...Farmer was convicted of assault on more than one occasion, on of which was a domestic assault, Michael Johnson was found in possession of drugs. No one is denying that the situation at West Coast got out of control, but anyone sitting on their high horse making judgements about other clubs really is just making an ass of themselves.

Playing semantics isn't helping anyone's cause...Farmer was convicted of assault on more than one occasion, on of which was a domestic assault, Michael Johnson was found in possession of drugs. No one is denying that the situation at West Coast got out of control, but anyone sitting on their high horse making judgements about other clubs really is just making an ass of themselves.

Yet here you are in a thread all about Daniel Kerr, banging on about Jeff Farmer and Johnson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big difference between Aboriginals who statistically battle with issues (which aren't their own) and white bred, private schooled Kerry who's lived live with money and help his whole life. Jepprey's done some rubbish s**t but it's not emblematic of anyone else. He's not on the conveyor belt of young men coming out a club where, stories were rife during their playing time, they end up with serious issues. And there is a massive difference between psychosis and being in mental care for long periods of time and being on s**t like meth, as opposed to cocaine (less addictive, less stigmatised, less likely to ruin your life, pretty common for young men with lots of money)....

Yet here you are in a thread all about Daniel Kerr, banging on about Jeff Farmer and Johnson.
Feel free to go back and look at my previous posts...I didn't mention either of them until this silly tangent threatened to derail the thread. I don't try to whitewash either Kerr's or the Eagles' history, but this issue is broader than 'derp derp, culture'.

It's really no point getting in a tit for tat, but anybody comparing the level of the fallout from the drug culture at West Coast to the situation at any other club is delusional.

Riiigghhtt - "hi [insert kerr's mother's family member name here], just wanting to check again what school Daniel went to. Why am I asking such a random question atm? Oh, I'm just using it to big note myself on an anonymous forum and look like I'm somewhat important while spewing crap about a guy who even if what I say is true I know at best in a six degrees of separation kinda way. Aquinas you say? Sweet, thanks!"
Yeah, that sounds exactly like something that would have happened :confused:
Such a shock to the system it must be for you to read a post where someone's gone to the effort of checking the facts instead of posting hearsay, innuendo or conjecture, like the poster I was taking to task and who you stoutly defend.

But after a lifetime faithfully swallowing Nisbett's spontaneous exclamations of innocence you're hardly likely to change now, are you?

And of course they could easily have got the $5k, either from their savings accounts, hocking some of their own possessions or borrowing from family or former team-mates. They elected not to because they chose to adopt the "tough love" route.

So he has been released.Seems to contradict Dormammu 's opposition to my point about the parents having the money to bail him but refusing to as to make a point to him.

DAFUQ?

Read. The. s**t. You. Wrote.

Geez your old.
Amen to that. I was in an incandescent, geriatric rage when I belted out that reply and copped some s**t at the Doig on Saturday night because of it.

I like how you mention Freo and 20 years together... still no flag.

I am shocked to be sitting here reading lots of the later comments sticking the boot into Kerr/WCE from Freo supporters when Freo still has an admitted and convicted druggy playing in their team
I'm shocked that there are West Coast supporters so stupid that they continue comparing one charge of possession of a minute amount of an illegal substance to the multitudes of cases at West Coast involving serious quantities of drugs and collusion with organised crime figures.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back