Multiplat Dark Souls II

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinner depends on what type of build you play. I play a heavier melee character with a heavy powerful weapon... and I actually find him a bit too pacy at times.

But yes, he is tougher in NG+ as is the entire game, places like Huntsman Copse are horrible.
I'm currently there on my first play through. Finished Lost Sinner and The Rotten first.

My build is a quicker character with light armor

The only reason I could see is you lost connection.

I can't see someone summoning, then using the banishment crystal before the boss fights, unless he just used you to get to the boss fight easily like I have done in the past... and received less than happy messages for it. xD

Lost Sinner is a she, fyi. She somehow ended up with the soul of the Witch of Izalith and then tried to relight the first flame. For this sin, she was locked up for however long.

The NG+ version of that fight is probably the hardest encounter in the game so far for me (nearly finished NG+). I love how NG+ mixes it up with a few surprises that I don't want to spoil.

If anyone is having trouble with running low on effigies, bare in mind that rings of life protection can be repaired for 3000 souls.

Chaos storm wrecks every boss in one hit..
even if the boss survives they are down the last slither of health..

how to get it..
its tricky but worth having..

wrecked the very awkward royal rat boss .

you can cast really quickly if you equip the "blue clearstone ring+1" found in the fog wood section .

Last edited:
I so want to play this game but I just fear descending into a pit of rage & spite as well as needing to buy more controllers :(

You won't find a better game this year.

Not to mention to replay value is through the roof on this one. The multiplayer rules, but PVP is just laggy as s**t for me, Idgi.

I so want to play this game but I just fear descending into a pit of rage & spite as well as needing to buy more controllers :(
I was a little reluctant to get the first one but loved it and has been my fave game of the last 10 years and this one hasn't disappointed.

After a while you understand dying is part of the game and it doesn't set you back as much as you think. Learn from Mistakes.

Would recommend

Put the game back in forgot how amazing it is.

Up to iron keep what level was everyone else around they they got here. I'm at 75.

I'm also having a hard time gathering large titanite shard to upgrade my bastard sword to +5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up to iron keep what level was everyone else around they they got here. I'm at 75.

I'm also having a hard time gathering large titanite shard to upgrade my bastard sword to +5.
I'm there and 116, but already beaten lost sinner/the rotten

IIRC black gulch comes in handy for that

I'm there and 116, but already beaten lost sinner/the rotten
Yea I have beaten them too just went up to lvl 78.

I didn't want to go too high and lose Alot of co-op opportunities as 78 seems high compared to ds1. Good to know I haven't over levelled

I was a little reluctant to get the first one but loved it and has been my fave game of the last 10 years and this one hasn't disappointed.

After a while you understand dying is part of the game and it doesn't set you back as much as you think. Learn from Mistakes.

Would recommend

I nearly platinumed Demon Soul's so I know the pain I'm in for...I think I will buy it and at least try it without letting it turn me into a husk of a man

80ish hours and nearly beaten final boss in NG+. Soul level of something like 200. I am a sort of battle-wizard with 80 int and 22 strength. I use light armor (black witch set with black hood) but I dispatch most of my foes with either Moonlight Greatsword, Magic Claymore, or Fire Grand Lance depending on the situation. I save my Soul Spears and Soul Geysers for the really tough enemies.

If you are in NG+, I wouldn't cease leveling up since your soul memory will just keep increasing anyway. If you just keep playing through and leveling up normally, you should still be able to co-op just as much as normal. It's not uncommon to be 120+ by the end of play-through 1.

This is a fantastic game, and in terms of mechanics it is probably the best in the series. In terms of world design, not so much. Dark Souls had a lot of moments where I was like 'oh s**t, I'm HERE?', or 'this elevator leads down to there??' and was amazed at how the world was constructed. Dark Souls 2 feels like 5 or 6 wide corridors leading outwards from a central location. The levels feel like levels that I am meant to get through, rather than an interconnected world to explore. I still love the game, and it is better than Dark Souls in a lot of ways, but this one thing I have found to be a let down.

What they did seem to nail is the lore and narrative, though. People are still figuring out major stuff a month after release by looking closely at item descriptions and paying careful attention to the exact dialogue of some of the characters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back