Universal Love Darren Burgess football fitness academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Schulz (30), Carlile, Lobbe.

I'm actually pretty excited going forward.
Yep.

Barring 2013/14 we've been league standard at best.

Bullshit timing as usual from Burgess but we can do better. We'll have a pretty good warchest instead of the bellybutton lint we were paying Falloon.

Now I'm super interested to see how Boak, Gray and Hartlett go next year. They all have the look of players burning out early due to being 'over-trained', despite assurances to the contrary that it's not possible to overtrain players. Maybe there's something in that?

Now I'm super interested to see how Boak, Gray and Hartlett go next year. They all have the look of players burning out early due to being 'over-trained'. Maybe there's something in that?
If we get an Australian Football first type of guy then they will know what needs to be done to get the balance right for an AFL player. If we get a soccer or endurance type coach then who knows.

I like us to get an athletics sprint coach to come onboard in some serious capacity with this change. I don't think a sprints coach will replace Burgo but someone to work on our SpeedEndurance. Pretty sure Power freak 2008 has talked about getting a sprints coach in to work with our players.

Now I'm super interested to see how Boak, Gray and Hartlett go next year. They all have the look of players burning out early due to being 'over-trained', despite assurances to the contrary that it's not possible to overtrain players. Maybe there's something in that?
Well Burggess did say you can't overtrain a AFL footballer which i think is rubbish. Our 28 year olds are ****ed.

If we get an Australian Football first type of guy then they will know what needs to be done to get the balance right for an AFL player. If we get a soccer or endurance type coach then who knows.

I like us to get an athletics sprint coach to come onboard in some serious capacity with this change. I don't think a sprints coach will replace Burgo but someone to work on our SpeedEndurance. Pretty sure Power freak 2008 has talked about getting a sprints coach in to work with our players.

We run out games at present. Essendon to one side. We are fit. It would appear the right kind of fit. We don't need to stray too far from where we are.

On the up side we have serious money for the right person.

We run out games at present. Essendon to one side. We are fit. It would appear the right kind of fit. We don't need to stray too far from where we are.

On the up side we have serious money for the right person.
We dont win games against top sides and when its close. Is that fitness? Having more SpeedEndurance means we could actually burst out of stoppages and when the ball is out in the open late in games. When you are physically fatigued you make more errors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the whole Burgess was pretty middle of the road in terms of actual output. Guys who weren't allowed to display the full breadth of their talents like Boak, Gray and Hartlett due to neglect in the fitness department all astronomically improved their output and strung together large patches of full fitness. Excellent. We looked a step ahead of the competition in 2013 and 2014. But for several years now we are nothing remarkable, nothing remarkably poor. Boak looks like a 35 year old at times, Gray most of the time. Hartlett could play in the midfield for a couple of years, which was his best position, now by his own admission his body can't handle it. What gives? He's 26. Carlile and Schulz were mentioned before - the latter I could understand, but both experienced sharp declines.

I can't help but feel ripped off. What has Burgess really done that a home brand fitness guy from West Coast, Sydney, GWS, Geelong, etc hasn't? He wasn't exactly a hack like Falloon but he wasn't the fitness genius he's paid as.

On the whole Burgess was pretty middle of the road in terms of actual output. Guys who weren't allowed to display the full breadth of their talents like Boak, Gray and Hartlett due to neglect in the fitness department all astronomically improved their output and strung together large patches of full fitness. Excellent. We looked a step ahead of the competition in 2013 and 2014. But for several years now we are nothing remarkable, nothing remarkably poor. Boak looks like a 35 year old at times, Gray most of the time. Hartlett could play in the midfield for a couple of years, which was his best position, now by his own admission his body can't handle it. What gives? He's 26. Carlile and Schulz were mentioned before - the latter I could understand, but both experienced sharp declines.

I can't help but feel ripped off. What has Burgess really done that a home brand fitness guy from West Coast, Sydney, GWS, Geelong, etc hasn't? He wasn't exactly a hack like Falloon but he wasn't the fitness genius he's paid as.
Do we label him as an impact fitness coach? 2014 was the window and we didn't nail it, we've had blokes running in quick-sand ever since

Do we label him as an impact fitness coach? 2014 was the window and we didn't nail it, we've had blokes running in quick-sand ever since

HartlettPuffsBehindTipungwuti.avi

As far as his timing goes, I can relate. I had to begin a job in Japan in mid-August, leaving a few months of a contract remaining. In the end my employer gave me their blessing. It's very difficult when jobs in other countries require starts at times which do not align with Australian ones. s**t happens.

There must become a time -perhaps right now - that contracted employees PAY the Club the balance of their contract. If Port (or any employer) sacked an employee before the completion of a contract, the Club would most likely be forced to payout the contract. Unless of course their is a 'get out' clause in the contract.

An unfortunate time for him to be leaving, as for his replacement, i don't think it will be to hard as i don't see us any fitter than any other club, they all seem to run out games as we do. More than likely they would be on less coin too.

Would you take gymnastics coach over sprint?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back