Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

The final of the PDC Darts World Championship is on Foxtel tomorrow morning at 7am.

Anyone who has watched any of the darts tournaments on Fox or any other channel would know of the great Phil Taylor.

Taylor
won through to the Final yesterday, and now faces our very own Aussie Simon Whitlock.

The odds are stacked against our man, but with some luck, he might be able to cause an upset, although it would probably go down as the upset of all time in championship darts.

Fun to watch, if anyone's up watching other sport tomorrow morning (NFL final round) then take a look, will be fun to watch, and we have an Aussie to cheer on.:thumbsu:

The final of the PDC Darts World Championship is on Foxtel tomorrow morning at 7am.

Anyone who has watched any of the darts tournaments on Fox or any other channel would know of the great Phil Taylor.

Taylor
won through to the Final yesterday, and now faces our very own Aussie Simon Whitlock.

The odds are stacked against our man, but with some luck, he might be able to cause an upset, although it would probably go down as the upset of all time in championship darts.

Fun to watch, if anyone's up watching other sport tomorrow morning (NFL final round) then take a look, will be fun to watch, and we have an Aussie to cheer on.:thumbsu:

Clashes with Cowboys v Eagles unfortunately. :(

Not often I have a sporting clash at 7am on a Monday morning.

Bit torn on this one, would be amazing to see an Aussie win it, but I love Phil Taylor as well.

I always tune into the darts on Fox.

Aussie has as much chance of winning as Leeds beating Man Utd in the FA Cup at Old Trafford.

Hang on ...

Whitlock was 2 set to 1 up (including a 170 finish), but Taylor has just had successive 167 and 161 finishes in the fifth set to go up 3-2.

Standard of darts has been incredible, but unfortunately Taylor's consistency is starting to draw him clear. Whitlock came back from 4-2 down against Barney in the semi, hopefully he can do the same now.

Phil Taylor has shown again why he is the best Player in the world. :(
7-3 Victory by him. But great performance still from Simon Whitlock. :thumbsu:

Whitlock missed double top to draw level at 3-3, and Taylor then steam rolled him with some simply breathtaking darts.

Took the best player of all time playing at his absolute best today to beat Simon, who played an amazing match himself.

Honestly don't think I've ever seen a match played at such a high standard for so long.

Is the match going to be replayed? Love the darts.

I've seen the highlights, some massive checkouts from both players.

Is the match going to be replayed? Love the darts.

I've seen the highlights, some massive checkouts from both players.

There's a 90 minute replay on Fox Sports 2 from 7pm tonight, well worth watching for anyone who didn't see the final live.

I'm glad Whitlock put up a fight, didn't think he'd ever beat him to 7, but he did well to take 3 off him.

Just love the crowds at these things, best behaved sports crowds, singing, chanting and plenty of drinking, perfect.:thumbsu:

There's a 90 minute replay on Fox Sports 2 from 7pm tonight, well worth watching for anyone who didn't see the final live.

I'm glad Whitlock put up a fight, didn't think he'd ever beat him to 7, but he did well to take 3 off him.

Just love the crowds at these things, best behaved sports crowds, singing, chanting and plenty of drinking, perfect.:thumbsu:

Thanks mate. Will be sure to check it out somehow.

Always good to watch Phil Taylor, but the best thing to happen to darts was for Van Barneveld to come along and challenge him. Hopefully Whitlock can do the same.

The commentary was just fantastic.

Especially the jolly swagman bit :D

Also the max checkout from whitlock was awesome, brought the house down.

That would be the crazy Geordie Sid Waddell. The Woomera Wombat was another one. If only he knew Woomera is such a hole that not even Wombats would go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a bit of this on youtube last night, what an amazing final. Also read up a little on the Aussie, seems like he has some unfortunate baggage.

I have always enjoyed watching darts on Foxtel, but this final was out of this world!

[YOUTUBE]bc4RNkyc6m0[/YOUTUBE]

Whitlock is playing Taylor again in a rematch of their epic WC final on Fox Sports very soon, new Premier League season live from London.

EDIT: Whitlock played like a donkey and whilst Taylor had to get out of his sick bed to play he still thumped him 8-3.

Whitlock is playing Taylor again in a rematch of their epic WC final on Fox Sports very soon, new Premier League season live from London.

EDIT: Whitlock played like a donkey and whilst Taylor had to get out of his sick bed to play he still thumped him 8-3.

Just got to watch it. Donkey is a but tough:) but he made a very good start but once Taylor got going he seemed to lose his rhythm. Taylor was kind enough to mention he may have suffered a bit of jet lag but there again he was not 100% either. He can come back though as it is that type of format.

I hope that they show the entire Premier League. I have watched a fair bit of last seasons on Fox and it was really good darts. I just love watching Taylor. I never ever thought that I would see a better players than Eric Bristow and John Lowe and then The Power burst onto the scene and became what I think we shall never see again when he finally gives it away. From his wiki. What amazing figures.

Highest 3-dart averages on TV in History
116.01 Phil Taylor 8–3 John Part, PL 2009
115.62 Phil Taylor 10–0 Mark Lawrence, UK Open
115.51 Phil Taylor 9–3 Ken Mather, UK Open 2009
114.54 Phil Taylor 9–3 Wes Newton, UK Open 2008
114.15 Darryl Fitton 6–0 Davy Richardson, IDL 2004 113.92 Phil Taylor 9–3 Mervyn King, EDC 2008
113.43 Phil Taylor 8–0 Gary Mawson, Matchplay 1997
113.33 Phil Taylor 11–7 Robert Thornton, EDC 2008
112.68 Phil Taylor 11–1 Adrian Lewis, PL 2008
112.56 Chris Mason 11–8 Adrian Lewis, UK Open 2005 112.17 Phil Taylor 16–7 Chris Mason, World Matchplay
111.74 Phil Taylor 8–3 John Part, PL 2008
111.35 Phil Taylor 3–0 Dennis Priestley, US Open 2008
111.21 Phil Taylor 6–1 Shayne Burgess, PDC WC 2002
111.14 Phil Taylor 8–3 Raymond van Barneveld, PL 2008
111.03 James Wade 5–3 Denis Ovens, GSOD 2008 110.94 Phil Taylor 7–1 Raymond van Barneveld, PDC WC 2009

Anyone watch the final of the Premier League this week? Just watched it then and was absolutely blown away, it even left Taylor speechless at the end. Epic final and eclipsed the WC final with Whitlock IMO.

Taylor was unbelievable yet again, beating James Wade 10-8 in the final with a 112 average and two nine darters.

First time in 40 years of televised darts history someone had two nine dart finishes, and he very nearly had a third too... missed treble 17 with dart 8. Unbelievable.

Taylor has to go down as one of the best sportsman in history under pressure... the Michael Jordan of darts, they share the same clutch gene.

Taylor was unbelievable yet again, beating James Wade 10-8 in the final with a 112 average and two nine darters.

I watched it live, and god damn, first time in years I have actively jumped up and down in front of the TV, was amazing.

Loved the crowd as always too, but good to see Phil get the win after losing in the semis to the "twat" that is Mervyn King last year.

Great TV, can't wait till next year.:thumbsu:

Billy Birmingham (the 12th man) had been waiting for a nine darter all year on "the back page", and he got 2 in one game, lead the news on the show, which I thought was great too.:)

Can we get Phil and the boys out to Australia, I'd pay to go watch that live.

Anyone watch the final of the Premier League this week? Just watched it then and was absolutely blown away, it even left Taylor speechless at the end. Epic final and eclipsed the WC final with Whitlock IMO.

First time in 40 years of televised darts history someone had two nine dart finishes, and he very nearly had a third too... missed treble 17 with dart 8. Unbelievable.

Taylor has to go down as one of the best sportsman in history under pressure... the Michael Jordan of darts, they share the same clutch gene.

Taylor was just amazing. People laugh when you say he's one of the best, but what more can you achieve in your own sport. Two 9 darters in a final is just amazing stuff. Probably just as well Whitlock didn't make the final as he would have lost anyway.

And how about this for an epic piece of commentary....

Waddel: Once upon a time he was breaking all records, now he’s only breaking Merv’s heart. Nothing you can do a total eclipse of the darts.

Stephen Fry: Bonnie Taylor

:D

Can we get Phil and the boys out to Australia, I'd pay to go watch that live.

Would walk over cut glass. They held the World Cup in Brisbane in 1985. Cripes it was good.

The final of the Premier league left me breathless. The other half and I just looked at each other at the end and just laughed at the sheer pleasure of the greatest match we had ever seen.

The UK Open is on from Friday morning on Fox. Fox can televise Darts forever for all I care. Love the game and wish I was still playing.

7 glorious days from the World Match Play and the semi 's are on live in the morning on Fox. It is a dream semi final and i for one am in heaven.

Taylor v Whitlock and Barny V Wade.

Taylor is as usual the one to beat. His ability, yes I know I am repeating myself, is beyond compare and Simon has to be beyond his best but all the same

Gooooo the Wizard.

simon-whitlock_1551420c.jpg

7 glorious days from the World Match Play and the semi 's are on live in the morning on Fox. It is a dream semi final and i for one am in heaven.

Taylor v Whitlock and Barny V Wade.

Taylor is as usual the one to beat. His ability, yes I know I am repeating myself, is beyond compare and Simon has to be beyond his best but all the same

Gooooo the Wizard.

simon-whitlock_1551420c.jpg

Class prevailed again.

Taylor smashed him. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back