David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget Australian tracks for a minute. You don't see the way England prepared their wickets as cheating? Then how can you see sandpapering one side a the ball as anything other than challenging the SA batsman on a bit of reverse swing?

Sounds to me as if you want the rest of the cricket world to be a pure as the driven snow. It isn't.

I see the pitches in England that you say were cheating pitches as almost perfect cricket pitches. We had bowlers also on those pitches. I think your comparing apples and oranges.

Wasn't Warner's sledge about de Kock's sister something like your sister likes de kock?

Not the height of wit but seems like something any kid with the surname de Kock would have heard a billion times in high school.

I could imagine Warner still having to read notes off his hand to execute that witty comment

I see the pitches in England that you say were cheating pitches as almost perfect cricket pitches. We had bowlers also on those pitches. I think your comparing apples and oranges.

Perfect for England’s bowlers with mint lollies combined,yes.

Watching how the three re entered Australia, I can’t help but feel whoever advised Warner not to talk and to hide behind his kids was way off the mark.

Watching how the three re entered Australia, I can’t help but feel whoever advised Warner not to talk and to hide behind his kids was way off the mark.

Why would he even have his kids anywhere near him under the circumstances???????

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know the only reason he copped what he did is because he sledged De Kock about his sister, right?

“Hey! I can say whatever I like about your loved ones. But don’t mention my partners well known past!”

Warner is pathetic. As are his defenders.

Wow!
lol
I'll bet you were captain of your school debating team. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Warner's sledge about de Kock's sister something like your sister likes de kock?

Not the height of wit but seems like something any kid with the surname de Kock would have heard a billion times in high school.

So many sledges in cricket would be misunderstood. Players have broken English, or sledge in their own language, or are misheard. The hearer then takes offense on what he thought he heard and retaliates with an actual over the top remark and it escalates.

I did it once, made an awful comment to an opposition player about a family member. It was 30 years ago, I can still remember where it was and the game it was in.

To this day I think "wtf was I thinking to say something like that?", although I can now see what was going on in my life at the time, and how it contributed to it all.

For many years I was ashamed but I realized eventually I had to forgive myself.

The main reason I say this is that comments like this (either from Warner or De Kock in this particular example) generally do not happen in isolation.

Everyone can make mistakes. Personally, I wasn't a sledger, but geez I was a shit captain. Was way too serious and took the fun out of the game for everyone. Only did it for one year. Early 90's but still regret it today, although I'm quite sure that none of the players would even remember or give a damn now.

So is it official that Warner is the instigator or is everyone jumping to conclusions because it just seems like this is the sort of thing a flog like Warner would do?
I have my doubts about Davey actually being smart enough to think up this quite unsophisticated and moronic scheme. But he definitely seems the sort of flog who would stoop to such depths if it is within his intellectual capacity.

I find it hard to believe the bowlers wouldn't know the ball was being worked on.
I don't find it hard to believe that something bright yellow was spotted on its first use. In that respect, the ball may not have changed condition (I seem to recall reading the umpires didn't replace it) before being caught out. But I do find it hard to believe a "leadership group" was just two players.

Never liked the bloke, especially the way he carries on at times like he’s gods gift to cricket! penalty is harsh as with Smith but honestly I wouldn’t care if he never represent the baggy green again!
Penalty is harsh, but what should have been applied to every ball-tamperer in the past. The ICC being so weak-wiled on cheats is potentially a small contributor to why it happens so often.

Everyone can make mistakes. Personally, I wasn't a sledger, but geez I was a shit captain. Was way too serious and took the fun out of the game for everyone. Only did it for one year. Early 90's but still regret it today, although I'm quite sure that none of the players would even remember or give a damn now.

you should remove skipper form your username. does not fit

So many sledges in cricket would be misunderstood. Players have broken English, or sledge in their own language, or are misheard. The hearer then takes offense on what he thought he heard and retaliates with an actual over the top remark and it escalates.

De Kock can speak English perfectly fine.

And the sort of thing that literally anyone would reply to with ‘your Mum/wife does’ or words to that effect.

The late great Martin Crowe wrote in 2015 on cricinfo(quoted today on news.com) and how spot on he was.....

“Warner can play, but he is the most juvenile cricketer I have seen on a cricket field. I don’t care how good he is. If he continues to show all those watching that he doesn’t care, he must be removed,”

“The more he gets away with it, the more others will follow his pitiful actions. Already we see one or two of his teammates enjoying being close to his hideous energy.”

And the sort of thing that literally anyone would reply to with ‘your Mum/wife does’ or words to that effect.

Yeah.
Like I don't condone people going after Warner's wife but once you get into a slinging match someone is going to go below the belt eventually yeah?

So don't get involved if you going to take something personally rather than a retort aimed at getting under your skin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back