Draft Profile Dayle Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

In Emma Quayle's article it says he was a no-show for one of his interviews at the combine. It also mentions his poor fitness and defence.

A lot of people on the North board are hoping he'll still be there for our 2nd pick, but my gut feel is that he'll be a borderline pick if anything. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was overlooked again completely.

rookie at best talent or no severe lack of brains with a lot of clubs adopting sydneys no dick-ead policy might struggle to to be picked at all AGAIN

Channel Seven suck. Did the same thing last year going "this kid is a superstar let's all talk him up" and he didn't go. Did the same thing when Essendon invited him to train before the PSD and he didn't get picked up. Did stories after he missed out saying how bad he felt and all that jazz.

Interview on Channel 7 last night with him. Basically him saying gimme a go, I'm a changed man.

I hope someone gives him a go but if he doesn't surely his confidence'll be smashed considering he's been talked up for the last two years.

rookie at best talent or no severe lack of brains with a lot of clubs adopting sydneys no dick-ead policy might struggle to to be picked at all AGAIN

not even going to try and get cute with this, swans have Franklin (phallus head) and Tippett (stiffed his club, therefore major phallus head). Swans don't have a no dickheads policy, what they do have is a 'must be able to play AFL' policy, which is working pretty bloody well for them.

Frankly i don't care if he's a dickhead, as long as he doesn't have any legitimate problems with drugs or alcohol, and is dedicated to his footy (which by all accounts he is, EQ has said recently his persona around the footy club at training and in the gym is drastically different to when he's with his mates) i'm happy to give him a run.

I wouldn't pick him with 26, but if we had a live selection late in the piece this year, it would be bad governance by every club not to do their homework on him, just too talented to waste away in the WAFL, get despondent and then begin to lose his drive because he feels he's never going to get a look in

I wanted him at West Coast..... Until I saw his Facebook. Wtf is up with all that?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how is everyone getting his facebook? What can be so bad on facebook? Drugs?
The only really disgusting thing on his facebook are his constant posts and pictures of Hawthorn

I'd be surprised if he gets picked up. Recruiters are fully aware of his off field antics. Clubs invest $150k+ on each draftee and Garlett is a big gamble.

I'd be surprised if he gets picked up. Recruiters are fully aware of his off field antics. Clubs invest $150k+ on each draftee and Garlett is a big gamble.
Bombers and the Crows might take the risk considering their draft sanctions, he's the one player who could ease the pain for those teams because talent wise he's probably a top 10 pick, I think it's a risk worth taking for those teams.

but then again, the Bombers don't want any more controversy.

Read a few weeks ago that Hawks were very keen and expected to go to Hawthorn with their first pick .

On a needs basis I'd place the Hawks at 18th to draft him, Hawks have small to mid forwards coming out their arsehole, if they do get him I don't see him playing many games in 2014, not saying you're wrong though.

Give us a link brah, or I'll pop a cap in ya ass! Aight?
During the Hawthorn vs Sydney game he got stuck into them. His facebook is private now and some delusional moderator will complain if I screenshot it

Give us a link brah, or I'll pop a cap in ya ass! Aight?
The link is on this page about 15 posts up, if you have a read,

here are some direct quotes from his facebook wall...

Did you see the comment he made to Sydney, for a 19 year old who wants to be drafted he is clearly lacking what it will take to stay on an AFL list...sorry, no hope..
here's a few quotes from Dayle himself...

September 18th"5 young bloods Late night driving around. No make up because my face is to beautiful natural xxx peace brah"

Sep 18th same day!!!! "It's that cold, don't khow I'm gonna get in this water at the beach that's commitments when your as sore as me "

Sep 14th "Just a casual 20 disposals in a quarter !. Not bad, should of had more I think. Switch on"

Sep 13th.."Arrhhh ******* hate these situations. Now I'm thinking and have to make a decision with what I want to do !."

Sep 6th "**** off swans you s##t c###s. Can someone please give hawks a challenge, doubt it will ever happen though . Hawks will make the grand final easily"

Sep 20th "Strippers after that win hahaha"

Oct 1 in melbourne for draft camp....."Should see this girl I pulled in my room hahaha dollcing true haha"

Sorry but I can understand young men might think like this at times, but for a bloke who wants to play AFL he has got no idea, it's one thing to think like this another all together to have it on your wall for all the world to see...clearly has the skill but missing the vital ingredients...Good luck to whoever picks him, hope it's Sydney..

Sorry but I can understand young men might think like this at times, but for a bloke who wants to play AFL he has got no idea, it's one thing to think like this another all together to have it on your wall for all the world to see...clearly has the skill but missing the vital ingredients...Good luck to whoever picks him, hope it's Sydney..

Because AFL players are the last bastions of morality and reasoned thinking? Give me a break mate. From the ones who place bets on games when it's obviously a terrible idea, to the ones who sleep with imbecilic little girls, to the ones who sleep with girls who actually want to sleep with their mates, or the ones who stalk chicks. The fact players are still getting strikes is proof that AFL players just aren't as rational as some people would like them to be. Perhaps the real problem is that it's already a bad environment, so to throw a kid into the AFL world might spoil him if he's already prone to bad behavior.

Because AFL players are the last bastions of morality and reasoned thinking? Give me a break mate. From the ones who place bets on games when it's obviously a terrible idea, to the ones who sleep with imbecilic little girls, to the ones who sleep with girls who actually want to sleep with their mates, or the ones who stalk chicks. The fact players are still getting strikes is proof that AFL players just aren't as rational as some people would like them to be. Perhaps the real problem is that it's already a bad environment, so to throw a kid into the AFL world might spoil him if he's already prone to bad behavior.
Sorry Dayle, hope you get your break, it's clear you've got skill, but if you want to make it for starters make your facebook private, it's still there for all to see...

I like how you made the 16 year old girl imbecilic and the 19 year old a kid....twist words much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back