Nostradamus Lives Dayne Beams to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All seriousness - how close would pick 5 be? Would need to add an upgrade of second rounders? Bit further with Polkinghorne? Even further with Leuenberger? What would Pies fans be happy to be bungled up in a package with pick 5 (realistically too - so no Zorko/Rockliff/Hanley/Rich)
We'll give you polkinghorne for free

rumour
ˈruːmə/
noun
  1. 1.
    a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
that's exactly what this is

Except there's no story circulating, apart from this thread which you said you created based on your own assumptions. That's not a story or a rumour, that's just you sitting around saying "oh, could happen". Most people at least put in "I've heard from a friend of a friend" or "my neighbours cousin's Uncles sisters daughter mows Beam's Mum's boyfriends Uncle's lawn and said this...."

No idea why this thread isn't locked.

Except there's no story circulating, apart from this thread which you said you created based on your own assumptions. That's not a story or a rumour, that's just you sitting around saying "oh, could happen"
have you been under a rock? it's not just me saying it could happen, there's been lots of speculation in the media and general football public aswell.
including this article from today http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-26/second-beams-in-brisbane

if this isn't a rumour, what would you call it?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Except there's no story circulating, apart from this thread which you said you created based on your own assumptions. That's not a story or a rumour, that's just you sitting around saying "oh, could happen". Most people at least put in "I've heard from a friend of a friend" or "my neighbours cousin's Uncles sisters daughter mows Beam's Mum's boyfriends Uncle's lawn and said this...."

No idea why this thread isn't locked.
I get you're upset about rumours of one of your best players potentially leaving, but no need to derail a genuine thread

have you been under a rock? it's not just me saying it could happen, there's been lots of speculation in the media and general football public aswell.
including this article from today http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-26/second-beams-in-brisbane

if this isn't a rumour, what would you call it?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you time travel forward when you made this thread? You said yourself it was an assumption at the time. That article probably got picked up on from here :D

I get you're upset about rumours of one of your best players potentially leaving, but no need to derail a genuine thread

Could care less it's about a Pies player, I'm pretty confident Beams will stay. Like everyone else (apart from Daisy) who were supposedly walking out on the Pies because they all hate Buckley.

Did you time travel forward when you made this thread? You said yourself it was an assumption at the time. That article probably got picked up on from here :D

Could care less it's about a Pies player, I'm pretty confident Beams will stay. Like everyone else (apart from Daisy) who were supposedly walking out on the Pies because they all hate Buckley.
not sure why you're so hellbent on trying to prove to me that this is not a rumour... you can believe that if you wish, but lets move on now

This Sums it Up:

Despite Brisbane being linked to Dayne Beams in a possible trade this October, 1116 SEN have reported that a source close to Beams has said that the Magpie has 'no intention of leaving' Collingwood and is already in negotiations to extend his contract beyond 2015 at the Westpac Centre

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

We have much more cap space then Collingwood, that is for sure. I wouldn't rest easy as a Collingwood supporter until we land another big fish or he signs an extension.

Family, money and a familiar sunny/warm lifestyle is something Collingwood will never be able to offer. The temptation will always be there.

We have much more cap space then Collingwood, that is for sure. I wouldn't rest easy as a Collingwood supporter until we land another big fish or he signs an extension.

Family, money and a familiar sunny/warm lifestyle is something Collingwood will never be able to offer. The temptation will always be there.

Apart from his misses is a melbourne girl

Facebook is a very reliable source, I trust what it says is true.

About on par with BigFooty I find.

Collingwood has plenty of cap space available. Plus that massive history of QLD based players rushing back as soon as they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This rumour comes up every year. Beams just brought a house in Melbourne and lives with his girlfriend, Jarrod Witts and his girlfriend and Paul Seedsman. Not happening.
Its irrelevant if it comes up every year - we couldnt afford him till now

It doesn't have to be Beams. He is an obvious choice through his QLD roots but brisbane shouldn't completely focus in on him juts in case he does sign.

With the apparent money that Brisbane have in their cap, anyone is really getable. Money talks, Mitch Clark proved this.

I think he loves the Club and Loves the Culture.

I don’t think Family would be a big pull as he would of Probably gone back home and I hear he loves the Lifestyle in Melbourne.

Money is the only IF in it

This rumour comes up every year. Beams just brought a house in Melbourne and lives with his girlfriend, Jarrod Witts and his girlfriend and Paul Seedsman. Not happening.
That's the lamest excuse I've heard for it not happening, obivously you don't understand the concept of investment properties.

Would I like it to happen? Yes.
Do I believe it will happen? No. But saying it won't happen because he bought a property is not the reason. More likely to be that Collingwood have a good young list and well positioned to have another tilt at the top for in a couple of years, so why move to a club in a similar position when you are well established where you are. Those who are saying Collingwood will bottom out like St Kilda and Bulldogs have in recent years are kidding themselves.

The idea of players wanting to play with their brother is one constantly used to explain potential moves. But I spend a large portion of my summer on the Mornington Peninsula just around the corner from where the Power's used to spend their's. People talked about Luke & Sam being at the same club but as they said themselves, if it happened to fall that way it would be good, but neither was going to go hunting for the move just so they could play with the other.

Except Brisbane is the most mundane place in Australia. Was most likely the happiest day of his life when we gave him a opportunity not only to play AFL but to move out of that hole.

boys there is no loyalty in footy these days and the culture line is pure crap

lets face facts its all about the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

St Kilda beach!!! Woo!!! Awesome man.
OH the sh-t hole valley and no beach next to city woo!!!! story bridge lol WOO so exciting!!! :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back