Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that Cockatoo wants to be in Perth and the Eastern clubs have been told if he is drafted by them it will just be a one year deal.
WCE have been talking to his family and look like the frontrunners to get him.

This is all about rumours, may happen, could happens, who knows but this is what I was told by someone with pretty close links to the club.
Be interesting if anyone else has heard anything similar.

Petracca said he doesnt want to play for anyone but Collingwood. St Kilda taking a risk but they cant cave in to his threat.

I'm not sure where this info is coming from, but I believe it to be very inaccurate. I think rumours often get started by people who hear want they want to hear. Much like the story that Pickett only wanted to play for the Eagles. Yes, he's a huge fan and a proud WA boy, but if you saw his interview you'd hear him say that he wanted a move interstate, for both personal development and greater family reasons, and his parents are likely to move with him.

Similarly, I think the rumours a bouts Cockatoo and Petracca are crap. Yes Petracca is a Pies fan, but there is no way he would threaten to leave a club to play with his childhood team - it's unheard of. This is the way fans think, not players. This Cockatoo rumour is even more ludicrous. For starters he is on record as saying Port is his preferred club, and further to this he had the "best week of his life" at North Melbourne and would absolutely have no preference to playing in the west.

Crazy stuff.

If that's the way the drafting process is heading then what's the point of even having a draft. Just let players talk to the clubs they want to go to

Because no one would want to speak to Fremantle then ;)

Absolutely. I've been saying this for a few weeks.
If that were the case, why leak info they want Langford? GWS are no chance of taking Langford. If they were trying to throw GWS off, they'd be saying they're after Puckett, forcing GWS to take Pickett at 4 leaving Laverde available

Petracca said he doesnt want to play for anyone but Collingwood. St Kilda taking a risk but they cant cave in to his threat.
We need to be this ruthless back to players, say a "Jaegar Omeara" type indicates he wants to play for us..we simply say go happily to another club in the draft and get developed then we will move heaven and earth to get you back to this club at a later date. BTW here is a House for you to use in the City you move to and a car to use how ever you please, we would have to buy a few houses in every City but it could pay us back in spades. We simply aren't running the List as Ruthless as we could and we definitely should be prising the WA talent back off the leeching hordes of minnow franchises.

We need to be this ruthless back to players, say a "Jaegar Omeara" type indicates he wants to play for us..we simply say go happily to another club in the draft and get developed then we will move heaven and earth to get you back to this club at a later date. BTW here is a House for you to use in the City you move to and a car to use how ever you please, we would have to buy a few houses in every City but it could pay us back in spades. We simply aren't running the List as Ruthless as we could and we definitely should be prising the WA talent back off the leeching hordes of minnow franchises.
Please tell me you're joking

Which is all good until the AFL tears us a new one for draft tampering

That is just a ridiculous thing to say. There's so many examples of brothers who played AFL where one was much better than the other, plus unlimited amounts of brothers where only one plays AFL.

Just to name a few who all played AFL:
Ablett
Selwood
Cloke
Fisher
Bolton

Have you ever heard of Corey Yeo? Lewis Fasolo? Tim Banfield? Have you seen Naita's fat twin brother?

Absolutely crazy argument you've put forward.

Fatanui?

That is just a ridiculous thing to say. There's so many examples of brothers who played AFL where one was much better than the other, plus unlimited amounts of brothers where only one plays AFL.

Ablett
Selwood
Cloke
Fisher
Bolton

Have you ever heard of Corey Yeo? Lewis Fasolo? Tim Banfield? Have you seen Naita's fat twin brother?

Hodge brothers aswell. Luke's brother is unlikely to even get drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did I just read

Ablett
Selwood
Cloke
Fisher
Bolton

upload_2014-11-20_17-17-36.jpeg

Have heard Yeo is going to be allowed to wear The Merle next season:

TWD-MERLE.jpg
spoiler I thought this bloke was dead

Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but I'm going to have to ask the question again; how does that make him a better player? Caps-lock or not, playing more games doesn't make you better. It might make you better prepared, fitter, more experienced (what ever that's worth at this age), and it certainly makes you a more trustworthy and less risky selection, but by no definition better.

"better prepared, fitter, more experienced" <> better?! FFS, The answer exists in your own statement.

Injury risk is not a factor? Wirrpanda took 3 years to get his feet right - it's a real concern. You can't be "better" if you're not on the park. Are you trying to say he has a higher ceiling or that he is a better player right now, or will have more impact for us immediately?! SMH, seriously, more words does not equal better communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back