Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw that as more about his explosive speed and confidence in his ability to not be caught than from sheer size. Obviously him being bigger than the opposition helped but I think his reliance on that is being overstated.

I disagree - I think a more mature bodied person would have stuck several of those tackles that he broke. Cockatoo tended to try and do a lot by himself, and wouldn't have been able to get away with that at seniors level. It's not something he can't work out, but IMHO it's something he can get away with at juniors level, while at higher levels he'll have to rely more on the speed and accelleration.

As for the side-step, plenty of players in the current game do it, you don't think you're stretching the hype a bit much bringing in legends of the game?! Just asking, 'cos Weller has the acceleration and kicking skills similar to nobodies like Robbie Flower and Peter Matera...

Why do they have it then?

I have a theory that it's really good at sorting the bad kicks from the acceptable kicks (if you get a low score under the conditions, you must be struggling) but it's bad at separating the acceptable kicks from the elite kicks.

Maybe that's one reason they do it. I'm sure there are a few more.

I have a theory that it's really good at sorting the bad kicks from the acceptable kicks (if you get a low score under the conditions, you must be struggling) but it's bad at separating the acceptable kicks from the elite kicks.

Maybe that's one reason they do it. I'm sure there are a few more.
they need to do one with intensity. I watched the highlights of the kicking drill and the players are just waltzing through it to ensure they hit the target.

Melbourne delist Luke Tapscott. Always liked that guy. They've offered him a rookie spot, I hope someone else takes him before them
Don't like him at all, doesn't have a position. Not good enough in the midfield, defensive liability down back and doesnt get enough of the ball/kick enough goals up forward

I disagree - I think a more mature bodied person would have stuck several of those tackles that he broke. Cockatoo tended to try and do a lot by himself, and wouldn't have been able to get away with that at seniors level. It's not something he can't work out, but IMHO it's something he can get away with at juniors level, while at higher levels he'll have to rely more on the speed and accelleration.

As for the side-step, plenty of players in the current game do it, you don't think you're stretching the hype a bit much bringing in legends of the game?! Just asking, 'cos Weller has the acceleration and kicking skills similar to nobodies like Robbie Flower and Peter Matera...
But he has the speed and acceleration - that's my point. Often it seems that big bodied players fail to translate their dominance at junior levels because they relied on their big bodies. Cockatoo has the speed and acceleration to not have to rely on his physical size, so therefore there's less of a risk than simply a big body who dominated by sheer brute force.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph relates to? Which legend of the game did I bring in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's the deal with this Lockyer? I don't know a thing about him but there seems to be a bit of talk about him here. What could he offer us?
A key

But he has the speed and acceleration - that's my point. Often it seems that big bodied players fail to translate their dominance at junior levels because they relied on their big bodies. Cockatoo has the speed and acceleration to not have to rely on his physical size, so therefore there's less of a risk than simply a big body who dominated by sheer brute force.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph relates to? Which legend of the game did I bring in?

I see the speed/acceleration, but i saw him use his "biff" more to get out of contests. Not saying it's not there or he douesn't have it, just that he didn't use it.

Second paragraph was addressed to Jonenb comparing Cockatoo's side-step to Ian Stewart, Maurice Rioli or Greg Williams...

ok. spoke to a longtime family friend. played all my footy with his dad and uncle. his name is jarrod pickett. every west coast fan give up..not coming to west coast. wants to go gold coast. but going to gws at 7. gws were going to pick him even if they had 1 pick in 10. western bulldogs wanted him but told them no. Also said that him and wright would of been picks 1 n 2 last yr. Garlett is a big slider. lacks discipline. wont go into detail. Take away that 35% in voting. Also said Cockatoo had iniuries but has overcome them. Thats who west coast want outside of jarrod. When jarrod said on tv about finishing career back home he meant with south freo when afl career finished. His family are very impressed with gws set up. He said west coast needs to learn to trade to get better picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back