Dimma's contract extension - how do people feel now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol.

Cause Hawthorn aren't having problems at all in this department.

**** we are a soft club always looking for ******* excuses.
Watched Roughead On The Couch during the week say that he can't wait for the players they are missing to return and he hopes that Hawthorn will have a good run with injuries coming into the finals, but yeah you're right we're the only club that uses injuries.

I am pretty sure Dimma has the balls to not think he shouldn't be taking some blame , yet continue to do his best to rectify it . Rather than the soft utensils who throw in the towel , declare it's to hard and look for someone to blame .
Which category do you fit ?
I';m fit in the category that the buck stops with me.... that excuses are a waste of time... that even looking for blame is a waste of time... that the only thing that matters is our next performance and thats the performance I should be judged on. Results. Anything else is trival. Sure I would need some time to get my team together.... but 5 years is enough. .... and every game from now on should be a job interview. The RFC is not a charity..... hmmm well maybe it is.

Watched Roughead On The Couch during the week say that he can't wait for the players they are missing to return and he hopes that Hawthorn will have a good run with injuries coming into the finals, but yeah you're right we're the only club that uses injuries.
no we have the only coach that uses it as an excuse....

Of course he wants players to return from injury. They are his mates and guys he has shared flags with.

Everyone wants good run with injuries.

You know the difference between our club and theirs. They don't make excuses. They build the depth.

Also look at their performances. They don't need excuses.

We always do.

Of course he wants players to return from injury. They are his mates and guys he has shared flags with.

You know the difference between our club and theirs. They don't make excuses. They build the depth.

We always do.

Its because we have second tier players .... didnt you know that..... and they dont stand up.

We always do.
They built their depth when there weren't franchises being gifted picks .

Lol.

Cause Hawthorn aren't having problems at all in this department.

**** we are a soft club always looking for ******* excuses.
This is where the 32years of failure still haunts us
We live off excuses and sympathy from the media and our own to cover the inadequacies.
Sorry other clubs march on and we still swim in our faeces.Rather than getting out and cleaning ourselves up in all dept. and saying no to failure.
The Richmond way is bloody embarrassing and it has to stop

Wrong we have the oppositions 3rd teir players playing as second teir .
Why ? Because that is the best way we were able to build depth due to draft concessions etc .

Our coach refers to his own players as second tier..... watch the round 1 presser... I still cant get that our of my head.

They built their depth when there weren't franchises being gifted picks .

Yet another excuse. Let's keep it going.

I can't wait till we are going to have a strong club, with strong principles and strong culture to Stop the excuses and just be a club strong enough to perform no matter what.

That is the biggest disappointment about the era Hardwick has built. It's a soft underbelly. Where players are having the time of their lives even when performances aren't good enough.

He was meant to be the Hard man. Rumours of meeting the players at the airport when they lost that game to WCE before he took charge and told them be prepared for hard work. He was tough and uncompromising on the field he was meant to bring that same ruthlessness to his coaching and the club.

This is as soft as we've been. Everything that was meant to come, it never showed up.

Our coach refers to his own players as second tier..... watch the round 1 presser... I still cant get that our of my head.
He referred to some as second teir and he has done so many times since , which he is spot on.
They are our second teir which would be most other sides. 3-4 teir , when they become genuine 2nd teir we will be a very good side .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry not allowed to mention them, any injuries to any players don't count for a poor season. It's simply Hardwicks fault that the season has turned to s**t. I mean if we try hard enough I'm sure we can some how find that:

Hardwick is responsible for Rance falling off his scooter and breaking his foot.
Hardwick is responsible for Deledio being kicked in the achillies and missing a month then carrying the injury through games
Hardwick is responsible for Jackson being injured preseason and then doing his hip flexor
Hardwick is responsible for Maric needing ankle surgery and missing 2+ months.
Hardwick is responsible for Cotchin hurting his knee and ankle
Hardwick is responsible for Newman doing his calf and groin
Hardwick is responsible for Vlastuin breaking his finger
But Hardwick is responsible for allowing Maric to go under the knife on the cusp of 2014 which in turn resulted in his late start. Op should have been done in the off season.

Hardwick is responsible for playing guys now carrying injury instead of resting them to ensure the correct preparation is for 2015. Morris's shoulder needs an op and recovery time, Lids needs to rest his archilies and Cotch may also require surgery or in the least rest. No use putting these guys under stress for the rest of the season and slow their pre seasons. Come February 2015 we will be lamenting them not getting treatment earlier.

Every club has injuries, you could argue the Bombers have had similar injuries to us this season but they soldier on and are battling for the eight. The Lions have been decimated by injury but still bring guys in each week who are actually showing something. We were supposed to have recruited depth from the recycled players but they get runs now before the kids. Shows further crap development that these kids aren't yet up to it, and yes that falls under Hardwicks responsibility too!

Yet another excuse. Let's keep it going.

I can't wait till we are going to have a strong club, with strong principles and strong culture to Stop the excuses and just be a club strong enough to perform no matter what.

That is the biggest disappointment about the era Hardwick has built. It's a soft underbelly. Where players are having the time of their lives even when performances aren't good enough.

He was meant to be the Hard man. Rumours of meeting the players at the airport when they lost that game to WCE before he took charge and told them be prepared for hard work. He was tough and uncompromising on the field he was meant to bring that same ruthlessness to his coaching and the club.

This is as soft as we've been. Everything that was meant to come, it never showed up.
Looking for a scape goat is soft .

After the Essendon game he stated twice that we are a mediocre football side. Hello youve built this side in 5 years.what an idiotic thing to say about your hand picked children.Then he's done nothing to change that as the guys letting his mediocre team down continue to get games
This alone should have had him dismissed from his duties but Peggy wants to stand firm

He referred to some as second teir and he has done so many times since , which he is spot on.
They are our second teir which would be most other sides. 3-4 teir , when they become genuine 2nd teir we will be a very good side .

Great coaches dont label players second tier... everyone is equal... and treated as such. I am concerned we have a coach that openly calls players second tier. But thats just me.

We always do.
I agree we do use excuses too much, but my point is that every club uses them in some way to explain a dip in form.

The big difference between us and Hawthorn isn't that they don't use excuses, it is that they have a set structure and game plan that every player knows and understands. They know that when they bring in a Cheney to cover for Gibson or Lake he can handle the job, because as a team they will get back and ensure that he is not exposed. They know that when Mitchell or Hodge goes out they can bring in a kid like Hallahan or Litherland or Duryea to perform the same role. They constantly talk about how their kids are asked to play the Hawthorn way and are developed to play specific roles. Our guys at VFL level are thrown around all over the place and then when they are asked to replace someone in the senior side they are usually asked to play a role they haven't played. Examples of this are Arnot, plays midfield all year at VFL level comes into the seniors and gets stuck in a pocket. McDonough plays midfield at VFL comes in and gets played at HB. Lennon plays HB at VFL level gets thrown on the HFF in the AFL side. Any wonder supporters sit here and wonder why these kids aren't developing the way we want them to.

That is why I suggested in another thread that we need to start playing our players in the same positions in the VFL and AFL sides so that when you want/need to bring a kid in they know the role they are playing and can slide straight in and perform.

But thats what comes out of Dimmas mouth... looking for excuses.... Second tier players... injuries.... etc etc...
Don't forget his ability to reflect the poor result on how good the opposition are. Even this week he was talking up how good Sydney and a Franklin are. Well hello dolly, like we didn't already know that!

I agree we do use excuses too much, but my point is that every club uses them in some way to explain a dip in form.

The big difference between us and Hawthorn isn't that they don't use excuses, it is that they have a set structure and game plan that every player knows and understands.
and who is respinsible for that?

The big difference between us and Hawthorn isn't that they don't use excuses, it is that they have a set structure and game plan that every player knows and understands. They know that when they bring in a Cheney to cover for Gibson or Lake he can handle the job, because as a team they will get back and ensure that he is not exposed. They know that when Mitchell or Hodge goes out they can bring in a kid like Hallahan or Litherland or Duryea to perform the same role. They constantly talk about how their kids are asked to play the Hawthorn way and are developed to play specific roles. Our guys at VFL level are thrown around all over the place and then when they are asked to replace someone in the senior side they are usually asked to play a role they haven't played. Examples of this are Arnot, plays midfield all year at VFL level comes into the seniors and gets stuck in a pocket. McDonough plays midfield at VFL comes in and gets played at HB. Lennon plays HB at VFL level gets thrown on the HFF in the AFL side. Any wonder supporters sit here and wonder why these kids aren't developing the way we want them to.

That is why I suggested in another thread that we need to start playing our players in the same positions in the VFL and AFL sides so that when you want/need to bring a kid in they know the role they are playing and can slide straight in and perform.

Who's fault is that?

This is a prime example of a coach in over his head. His old club has this structure and I agree with you. Yet we are all over the shop.

Look at the Hawthorn vs Collingwood game. Then look at their injury list. Then look at their vfl side.

We are so far behind them in every single way it's not funny.

Who does the buck stop with RT. You are a smart man, Cmon mate.

In 5 years we haven't got this simple structure right? We used to blame Coburg for this shambles. Now what?

This is but one example.

Enough is enough.

Griffiths is a classic example? Recruited as a forward, played a few early in that role then developed as a KPD, now backup ruck and forward and will probably end up back in defence by the end of the year. I can't imagine how difficult it would be at AFL level to develop in one position let alone three! This kids confidence must be pretty low and probably going to cost him his career with us.

And don't get me started on Schulz who we played as a defender before trading for a rusty set of blunt steak knives :mad:

What you have just described is poor coaching. Poor coaches pick their "best" 22 players and try to work out how to fit them into a structure.

Good coaches have rigid structures and defined roles and pick the best players to play those roles whether they are 18 or 35 and actually show belief in their young players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back