Dirty Players who display malicious intent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Long. Dog act vs Simmonds.

Personally think this is one of the more over hyped 'dog acts'. Poor timing/execution, if Simmonds turns to protect himself and it's an awesome bump to the shoulder/ribs. Long could have pulled up a bit but it's a matter of a second whether Simmonds is front on or side on.

Yes, Lloyd definitely deserves a mention in this thread. Takes out a player who only ever had eyes for the ball, and you try to blame it on Brown? I also recall Lloyd taking the field with a weapon strapped to his forearm, and then proceed to hit Hawthorn players on the noggin with it. Gutless tool who liked taking out others when they had their head over the ball. Finished his career suspended.
Hawthorn fans outrage over a piece of styrofoam taped to a players arm will never not be hilarious.

And at least Sewell was conscious before Lloyd got him. Unlike Winderlich when the coward Brown thought he'd be a hero.

None of them.

It makes me laugh to hear people whining about the "cowardly snipers" and "thugs" in today's game. They don't exist.

If some of you sissies could travel in a time machine back to the 1970's or the 1980's and watch a fiery game of VFL footy with proper king hits, elbows, shirt-fronts and all-in brawls, you would probably need counselling afterwards to help you get over the emotional damage it caused. Back then, most of the violence which was dished out was considered within the rules of the game. Not even a free kick, let alone a suspension.

O'Dea's king hit on Greening.

Milburn clapping himself off after knocking out Silvagni was disgusting too.

As for no one flying the flag for Staker against Hall, having been at the game you have to realise the situation. It was at full forward with the ball going the other way. I don't think any of the players actually saw what happened, and I can't recall it being replayed on the big screen. Players knew something happened but don't think they realised it was what it was.

he knocked out Jason Winderlinch from esendon twice
the second time, was in the game was what sparked lloyd to take out Brad Sewell, old Brown and hawthorn didn't like the taste of their own medicine,
That's BS to make yourself feel better, and that's coming from Lloyd himself.

Gray slid in legs-first too, but got their a fraction of a second earlier, and unfortunately ended up second best.

People are reaching with this Goodes stuff I think.
GF on Rioli, there are many examples, he admitted himself that he needed to change, thankfully he seems to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn fans outrage over a piece of styrofoam taped to a players arm will never not be hilarious.

It wasn't so much that arm guard, as what he was doing with it that outraged us.

And at least Sewell was conscious before Lloyd got him. Unlike Winderlich when the coward Brown thought he'd be a hero.

Conscious? I do not think it means what you think it means. Unless Winderlich was sleep walking himself off the ground, he looked pretty conscious to me. I do recall Lloyd's location during the melee - skulking at full forward, as usual avoiding the hard stuff unless he can do it without the other guy looking. Just like when he broke Brown's nose when Brown was looking the other way. As an aside, just had a another look at the line-in-the-sand footage - it was great to see a young Hodge giving it to Mr. Peptide.

It wasn't so much that arm guard, as what he was doing with it that outraged us.

Conscious? I do not think it means what you think it means. Unless Winderlich was sleep walking himself off the ground, he looked pretty conscious to me. I do recall Lloyd's location during the melee - skulking at full forward, as usual avoiding the hard stuff unless he can do it without the other guy looking. Just like when he broke Brown's nose when Brown was looking the other way. As an aside, just had a another look at the line-in-the-sand footage - it was great to see a young Hodge giving it to Mr. Peptide.
When did Brown last hit someone who saw it coming?

Coward of a man.

When did Brown last hit someone who saw it coming?

Coward of a man.

Brown was a lot of things, but coward was not one of them, one of the most courageous players to have played the game, but yes, he was also a dirty bastard. He regularly threw himself into situations where he knew he was going to get smashed, whether running back with the flight or diving to make a spoil

Brown was a lot of things, but coward was not one of them, one of the most courageous players to have played the game, but yes, he was also a dirty bastard. He regularly threw himself into situations where he knew he was going to get smashed, whether running back with the flight or diving to make a spoil

Waite kicking someone in the nuts was a dog act.

He hit people from behind, regularly. Hit concussed people being helped off the ground by doctors. And punched on with his young teammates to whom he was meant to be a leader.

Coward of a man.

Hit concussed people being helped off the ground by doctors.

Oh so he was 'concussed' now was he? I thought he wasn't conscious? And by 'helped off' , I assume you mean 'walked next to by doctor'.

Winderlich was conscious enough to give Brown (also leaving the ground on the blood rule) a chest bump. He just didn't like it when Brown gave him a hit afterwards.

Yup. And there is the difference between Brown and LLoyd. Both dirty across the course of their career, but only one of them also consistently put their own body on the line instead of continually waiting for others to do so.

Liba was the dirtiest I have ever seen.

Best laugh in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back