Progressive score: 20-24

Round 5

RC @ UHSVU
SFX @ South Mornington
EP @ LTU
AP @ Powerhouse
AQ @ Swinburne
ESL @ NB

Just noticed that Swinburne have 4 of their first 5 games at home! Obviously to avoid the mud pit later in the year...

Progressive score: 20-24

Round 5

RC @ UHSVU
SFX @ South Mornington
EP @ LTU
AP @ Powerhouse
AQ @ Swinburne
ESL @ NB

Just noticed that Swinburne have 4 of their first 5 games at home! Obviously to avoid the mud pit later in the year...
Swinburnes ground looks like carpet at the moment. Keen to hear of other ground reports

Has the opening few rounds changed anyone's predictions for where each team will finish?

People ask questions like this all the time. Why not have a crack at answering it yourself, it might open discussion up a bit. It'd be nice to have a conversation on here that wasn't veiled in self preservation. I'm guilty of it myself at times, but sheesh. What kind of question is that?

By the way, yes, Eley park is surprisingly good. I think most teams had them picked as an easy beat this year. Good for them. The D3 regulars that aren't improving will soon find themselves back in d4 as a result. And when hawthorn and west Brunswick come back up next year it won't be any easier.

People ask questions like this all the time. Why not have a crack at answering it yourself, it might open discussion up a bit. It'd be nice to have a conversation on here that wasn't veiled in self preservation. I'm guilty of it myself at times, but sheesh. What kind of question is that?

By the way, yes, Eley park is surprisingly good. I think most teams had them picked as an easy beat this year. Good for them. The D3 regulars that aren't improving will soon find themselves back in d4 as a result. And when hawthorn and west Brunswick come back up next year it won't be any easier.
I'm a victim too haha
I didnt think they would be easy beats, they have been quite good in D4 for a while so a move to D3 was inevitable. I thought they would compete, but not set the world on fire. I have them outside my top 4 though

Round 5.
UHS-VU v Richmond
South Mornington v St Francis Xavier
La Trobe Uni
v Eley Park
Power House v Albert Park
Swinburne Uni v Aquinas
Northern Blues v Emmaus St Leos

Big Upset this avo seeing Aquinas having a massive win against Swinburne University by 46 points, I wouldn't wont to ride off the bloods as yet, seeing their are gonna be playing three bottom side and one top side in the next four weeks going to be a interested season for them so far.

Interesting round, just goes to show how open the comp is. I wasn't at the RC v UHS game so can't comment, but I did see Aquinas dominate Swinburne.

Looks like it's going to be an exciting year for all teams.

Cool, same here too l am a Aquinas support myself and was watching both games and l notice by the end of the seniors the amount of mud our boys had and the centre of the ground, guessing its gonna take a long time to get that ground back to normal again.

It's not hard to see any of the teams currently inside the top eight challenging each other in Division 3 this year.

I think it's going to make capatalising on your games against South Mornington, La Trobe, Albert Park and Power House really important if you're a team fighting for one of those final two spots inside the six.

UHS are a threat for mine, they're not as convincing as last season but have still gone 4-1 in the first five games. Dangerous if they really start to put it together again.

Oh dear. One of RC's players was given 4 weeks for a late bump. I wasn't there so can't comment, but was it as bad as Viney's, mate? 4 weeks? Strooth. Usually under these circumstances, cooler heads prevail after the game. No harm no foul.

Oh dear. One of RC's players was given 4 weeks for a late bump. I wasn't there so can't comment, but was it as bad as Viney's, mate? 4 weeks? Strooth. Usually under these circumstances, cooler heads prevail after the game. No harm no foul.

Strooth ... Waz .... It was a hip in the head to a bloke with head down over the ball ... His scone landed over the fence!!!!

Lucky to get 4.

Puff Puff [PS I wasn't there so I can't comment either??]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back