Do you support Aus bombing/'PBOTG' in Iraq and/or Syria?

Do you support Aus bombing/'PBOTG' in Iraq and/or Syria?

• Yes. Bombing and PBOTG in Iraq and Syria.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Yes. Bombing Iraq and Syria; but no BOTG in Syria.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Yes. Bombing and PBOTG in Iraq, but no action in Syria.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Yes. Bombing in Iraq only, no BOTG in either place.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Unsure / undecided

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No. I do not support further bombing/PBOTG in Iraq or Syria.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 'They were throwing babies out of the incubators'

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't speculative, they are openly admitting, even bragging about it. I don't think we can sit by and do nothing while they take town and village all over the place.
I never said it's speculative and Australia sits on its arse when it comes to this behavior all the time, or even aids rights violators. We shouldn't be interceding.

At no stage in the past has it produced positive outcomes in the region. Not even once.

Opposed to that, we will be culpable for innocent deaths and like Iraq, future destabilisation, likewise, may cause blowback and this is ignoring the huge cost.

It's terrible what is happening, but current Australian involvement is largely and expensive and dangerous political stunt, for one mans benefit. Scrap that, it also benefits those in the arms industry. Will Iraq be better for it, history suggests no.

I never said it's speculative and Australia sits on its arse when it comes to this behavior all the time, or even aids rights violators. We shouldn't be interceding.

At no stage in the past has it produced positive outcomes in the region. Not even once.

Opposed to that, we will be culpable for innocent deaths and like Iraq, future destabilisation, likewise, may cause blowback and this is ignoring the huge cost.

It's terrible what is happening, but current Australian involvement is largely and expensive and dangerous political stunt, for one mans benefit. Scrap that, it also benefits those in the arms industry. Will Iraq be better for it, history suggests no.

We'll agree to disagree then. I can't see a worse outcome for Iraq than having this bunch of loonies take over the place by force of arms. I think they have to be contested, by all countries who don't see room for this sort of stuff in a modern world.

We'll agree to disagree then. I can't see a worse outcome for Iraq than having this bunch of loonies take over the place by force of arms. I think they have to be contested, by all countries who don't see room for this sort of stuff in a modern world.
Cool, just like Sadam was contested. Which devestated the country and allowed IS, a partial creation of the west, to fill the void. What happens once IS is bombed back to the stone age?

What new crusade will you coopt?

Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Panama, Cuba, Congo, Laos and Cambodia, El Salvador, Lebanon, Iran, The Congo, Haiti, Granada, Hounduras, Italy, Greece, nicaragua, Syria, Lybia

AND big apologies to the countries i've left out

Australia - CIA orchestrating a coup d'etat to remove Gough Whitlam and the coup d'etat to remove UK PM Harold Wilson

Democracy, yay :eek:

Why no talk of Saudi boots on the ground, Turkish boots on the ground, Jordanian boots on the ground, Qatari boots on the ground?

I'd bomb the lot of those campaigners for supporting the free Syrian Army and the associated salafist jihadi *******s that they funded and allowed to pour into Syria an Iraq through their borders (with the aid of those cheese-eatin', surrender monkeys, Brits and seppos).

Western involvement would be considered idiocy if this wasn't a pre-destined cycle in the perpetual global wank on terror.

Help me out here Smiling Buddha

It's cute that you post a picture of Bush.

Obama has been in power for 6 years now, and there are more wars than ever.
History question? Why are we there? Who was there before, who started all this.
Sorry couldn't find a photo of little Johnnie.
Gough was right, we shouldn't be a dogsbody to any country.

It's cute that you post a picture of Bush.

Obama has been in power for 6 years now, and there are more wars than ever.

So thats his fault?

What level of analysis did you apply to that gem of wisdom then?

Oh, I know, it was in the book GeeDubYa read, 'USA Foreign Policy', chapter one, 'how to start a war from scratch'. Chapter two was ' how to sort out the mess caused in chapter one'.

Trouble is that ol' Georgey never read past chapter one!! 'I aint read no stooopid books anyhow', thanks Georgey

So thats his fault?

What level of analysis did you apply to that gem of wisdom then?

Oh, I know, it was in the book GeeDubYa read, 'USA Foreign Policy', chapter one, 'how to start a war from scratch'. Chapter two was ' how to sort out the mess caused in chapter one'.

Trouble is that ol' Georgey never read past chapter one!! 'I aint read no stooopid books anyhow', thanks Georgey

Obama has had 6 years to wind it up and he's only started more wars.

Just admit that you are fine with war as long as it is left wing war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which President did Australia follow?

All of them

There's pretty much nothing you can say that can excuse Obama on this count. The current situation has literally nothing to do with Bush. Obama has had 6 years to do something different and has done the exact same thing Bush would have done.

All of them

There's pretty much nothing you can say that can excuse Obama on this count. The current situation has literally nothing to do with Bush. Obama has had 6 years to do something different and has done the exact same thing Bush would have done.
To actually explain to you so that you would understand would take too much time as I would have to type very slowly.
However my time is more valuable. See Ya

To actually explain to you so that you would understand would take too much time as I would have to type very slowly.
However my time is more valuable. See Ya

"I Have no rebuttal so I'll just throw a random insult instead".

Worthless post.

These clowns would be hilarious if we were not talking about our taxes murdering civilians.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-...may-have-killed-civilians-report-says/6748230

One incident details an Australian raid on a suspected IS weapons factory, that appears to have taken place on December 21 last year.

Australians are dropping bombs on kids because of a suspicion? WTF?

As most of the areas under attack are under the control of IS, it is difficult for coalition to forces to verify the incidents.

So if its difficult to verify if we killed any children, then how can they verify they hit a military target?

Pure madness.

i'd say bomb them into the stone age, cept they are already there.
Innocent women and children bullied by american mercenary armies after being left a nuclear wasteland from our illegal 2003 invasion.

You're the one with the cave man intelligence.

George Bush and his 'Coalition of the Willing's invasion of Iraq would be the worst policy decision in a Western democracy in my lifetime I reckon.

I think we have to fix it, but I don't think we'll do that by repeating what caused Da'esh's creation last time. If only the Arab Spring had taken and there were places of democracy who Middle-Eastern people could look to.

Back