Do you want us to have a resting plan for remainder of the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

No. We get a week off before finals and another week if we win the first week. The goal here is to keep winning. If we can't win a flag with two weeks off in the lead-up, then we don't deserve to be there.

I have no reason to disbelieve what our fellow ppster said he was told, but then again I can't dogmatically say it's true either. I don't know his source.

That said, there were moments in the game where I thought Hawkins looked stiff in his back and lacked flexibility.

If, as suggested, it's just an age thing I can perfectly understand. There's days where you don't feel too bad but for an unknown reason your back feels as supple and flexible as a concrete wall.
I don't reckon there's any doubt he looked a bit off, I didn't see him carrying Selwood but wouldn't read that much into it anyway.

He looked stiff on Saturday but he's had games where he's looked stiff for years, the week before he was as agile as ever.

Until we hear otherwise, I'd put it down to standard Tom Hawkins sore back (probably like 90% of us) and he'll bounce back. A week off at some point might serve him well.

I would give most of the older blokes a week off, not at once, but in piecemeal.

Not all, anyone with form dropping or needs rejuvenation resting.

Need to protect Top 2 finish though, that's first. Want to avoid going to Brisbane or Sydney, however slim that chance.

Don’t flirt with form. If Hawkins’ back is bad he wouldn’t have carried Selwood off, and it’s unlikely that he would have had 5 scoring shots and an assist and been pushing up the full length of the ground to bake Stewart after one of the Dogs’ goals.

Top 4 is top 4 but who would you rather come up against on the MCG week one of the finals, Brisbane or Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back