Movie Documentaries to Download?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a doco called the 7 Dwarfs of Auschwitz worth watching. Warwick Davis investigates the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone mentioned Crumb? Best doco I've ever seen.
Just saw it! What a brilliant doco this is! Reminded me so much of seeing Capturing the Friedmans. Both films just capture the eccentricities of their array of characters so well. The comics weren't bad as well! :D Enjoyed the whole sardonic sentiment. His brothers were crazy. Tough upbringing.
After watching this I now see the Robert Crumb influence on the director's other film Ghost World. Pretty cool.

Just saw it! What a brilliant doco this is! Reminded me so much of seeing Capturing the Friedmans. Both films just capture the eccentricities of their array of characters so well. The comics weren't bad as well! :D Enjoyed the whole sardonic sentiment. His brothers were crazy. Tough upbringing.
After watching this I now see the Robert Crumb influence on the director's other film Ghost World. Pretty cool.
Yeah its amazing. Would have been such a shame if Zwigoff went through with his suicide thoughts during the filming of Crumb. He had severe back pain and was making 200$ a month. Went to sleep every night with a gun next to him :eek:

Guy is so gifted and always had a vision with this doco.

Don't know if you can download this but (obviously) it is on youtube, Children Of Darkness (1983) a heartbreaking doco if I have ever seen one.

Nat Geo are airing Apocalypse World War 1 at the moment.

Their Apocalypse WW2 was excellent, so comprehensive and in color throughout.

What's striking about WW1 is how well they've restored so much footage from 100 years ago, all in color. They may not be the first to do this, but most of the WW1 shots I've seen have always been black and white and pretty blurry.

The faces in some of the footage look a bit creepy, like dodgy computer game faces from 15 years ago, but the crisper footage is outstanding.

Is telling the WW1 story really well and like the WW2 doco, holds absolutely nothing back in regard to graphic content.

Grizzly Man (2005) - Good doco about a strange and erratic environmentalist who met his demise at the hands of the creature that ironically saved him maybe from some sort of mental institution by giving him a purpose in life. The final moments in particular really got to me. Just a terrible way to go. I guess the bigger tragedy was his girlfriend and the bears themselves.

Grizzly Man (2005) - Good doco about a strange and erratic environmentalist who met his demise at the hands of the creature that ironically saved him maybe from some sort of mental institution by giving him a purpose in life. The final moments in particular really got to me. Just a terrible way to go. I guess the bigger tragedy was his girlfriend and the bears themselves.

Yep, highly recommended. One of the best documentaries i've seen. Shame we don't know much about his girlfriend, only seen twice on camera the whole time and her family are pretty filthy about how it all turned out.

Was an interesting watch. Didnt feel for him at all as it was always going to happen when you are so close to wild bears all the time. Would have liked more info on the GF as i find it more saddening for her. Pretty irresponsible of him to have her with him (and dumb of her as well).

Was a very weird person. Even the fact he was so upset a fox was killed by wolfs when it is a natural thing for these animals. I mean he had no probelsm with bears eating the salmon. What i did find interesting is bears, if hungry enough will eat their own, and bears s**t them selves when fighting haha.

Probably been mentioned, but King of Kong. About the battle for the record score in Donkey Kong. Yes really. It's fascinating.

If you've ever worried you're a bit of a nerd, this movie will make you feel as cool as the Fonz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back