Movie Documentaries to Download?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why i am sticking this one in the thread, it's not necessarily a good documentary, but if you want to see some gruesome deaths uncut, then this is for you.

How funny is that! have not seen FOD in 20 years or so, and the missus was bored said lets watch something stupid, of course I was going to pop on 'A Serbian Film' instead popped on a comedy 'Faces of Death IV' an absolute classic, remember growing up watching that with mates......absolutely silly, just dont make films like that anymore....

The Trials of Muhammad Ali - A doco using archival footage and interviews with current people about Ali's change of faith and his controversial refusal to be conscripted into the Army (and thus not be sent to Vietnam). It's quite fascinating to see his naive beliefs in the early days, and the use of Islam to promote racial separatism in the USA from the late 60's in particular with Malcolm X &the Rev Elijah Mohammed, and just how Ali got involved. 7/10

The Armstrong Lie - A documentary chronicling sports legend Lance Armstrong's improbable rise and ultimate fall from grace. Armstrong got away with it for so long because the cyclists code of silence. A code that was in place because they all cheated, and used PED's and blood doping. So in a weird way you could argue he won his titles on even terms, he just broke all the rules in doing it. Seeing how he deliberately lied all those years to the media, discredited former friends who threatened to expose him, and just bullied people with his huge ego is quite a sight. Lance Armstrong is a pathological liar, and once the veneer of fame is lifted - not a very nice man. 7/10

s**t forgot about this thread, watched the Armstrong lie a few days ago, i really don't like cycling but that was a ripper of a doco, the timing of the doco really adds to it, post oprah interview looking back at 09

s**t forgot about this thread, watched the Armstrong lie a few days ago, i really don't like cycling but that was a ripper of a doco, the timing of the doco really adds to it, post oprah interview looking back at 09
I'm one of those people that doesn't follow cycling except when the tour de France or the Olympics is on. To learn that basically all the riders in the Tour are were cheating, really has destroyed the credibility of the race for me.

Last edited:
Dunno about that (actually don't know) just because a bunch cheated then doesn't mean they are now, but like I said I got no idea

Obviously I'm a big Michael Jordan fan and I see a lot of the same psycho competitor and destroy everyone in their path between MJ and Armstrong, something about Armstrong is really fascinating to me, watching him still try and "work it"

Dunno about that (actually don't know) just because a bunch cheated then doesn't mean they are now, but like I said I got no idea

Obviously I'm a big Michael Jordan fan and I see a lot of the same psycho competitor and destroy everyone in their path between MJ and Armstrong, something about Armstrong is really fascinating to me, watching him still try and "work it"

I worded that wrong, I should've used were instead of are as I was talking in the context of when Armstrong won his 7 titles in a row in the Tour De France. All the riders were cheating then. As for now, I don't now. I hope not, as I'd hate to hear Cadel Evans cheated when he won his title.

I was fascinated by his hubris too, lying is so ingrained in that man that you could never trust anything he says.

Yeah was weird with the guys wife in the hospital where he wasn't ready to admit she was telling the truth or what was going on there

Yeah was weird with the guys wife in the hospital where he wasn't ready to admit she was telling the truth or what was going on there
No that wasn't strange to me. Armstrong had many supporters, including the woman who lied for him in the deposition that you're talking about. When he told a Doctor what PED's he had taken in front of his then friends while he was being treated for cancer. One of his friends and wife testified about what he said and so were ostracised from the cycling community. One woman called Betsy denied he said anything.

The problem with admitting to such a huge public lie is that all those people who supported you, even to the extreme by lying for you, are going to get seriously burned when the truth comes out. So I can understand why he would be cautious about what he says here, he is trying to protect his friend.

No that wasn't strange to me. Armstrong had many supporters, including the woman who lied for him in the deposition that you're talking about. When he told a Doctor what PED's he had taken in front of his then friends while he was being treated for cancer. One of his friends and wife testified about what he said and so were ostracised from the cycling community. One woman called Betsy denied he said anything.

The problem with admitting to such a huge public lie is that all those people who supported you, even to the extreme by lying for you, are going to get seriously burned when the truth comes out. So I can understand why he would be cautious about what he says here, he is trying to protect his friend.

alright i think im mixed up, i was talking about the woman who said he did take the PED's not the one who covered it up, i thought there was still something he wasn't admitting in regards to her

Stop the torrents: Australian government eyes copyright crackdown

Australian Attorney-General George Brandis has said that the government is considering a three-strikes proposal to force ISPs to stop the boats of The Pirate Bay, and crack down on its users downloading copyright-infringing TV shows and films.

The Australian government looks set to overhaul the country's copyright laws with a view to force internet service providers to begin cracking down on users who download TV shows and films over BitTorrent.

Stop the torrents: Australian government eyes copyright crackdown

Fantastic news ... I reckon. ... :thumbsu:

The sooner this happens the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How else would you suggest getting this content?
you use a seedbox to get the content, and then download it using an encrypted FTP program from your seedbox. That way they don't know what you're downloading. If you use a bittorrent client like utorrent etc. they know straight away what you're downloading, they can even throttle (slow down) that kind of traffic.

you use a seedbox to get the content, and then download it using an encrypted FTP program from your seedbox. That way they don't know what you're downloading. If you use a bittorrent client like utorrent etc. they know straight away what you're downloading, they can even throttle (slow down) that kind of traffic.

So if you use tor and magnet links but download through Bittorrent they can still know what you are DL ?

So if you use tor and magnet links but download through Bittorrent they can still know what you are DL ?
Once your data leaves the tor network to your PC they can. In 2011, a group of researchers acquired the IP addresses of 10,000 people who were using BitTorrent clients through Tor. Like many other types of applications, BitTorrent clients are insecure and capable of exposing your real IP address.

Once your data leaves the tor network to your PC they can. In 2011, a group of researchers acquired the IP addresses of 10,000 people who were using BitTorrent clients through Tor. Like many other types of applications, BitTorrent clients are insecure and capable of exposing your real IP address.

So using a VPN would also leave you vulnerable?

So using a VPN would also leave you vulnerable?

VPN's are pretty good actually, but no service is ever 100% anonymous. There's an article here you might like to read: http://torrentfreak.com/how-nsa-proof-are-vpn-providers-131023/

The beauty of having a seedbox is that your bit torrent client is on a web server overseas. That way you're never downloading any torrents to your home PC directly, so you don't need Tor or VPN's. You just use an encrypted FTP program to download the content from your overseas server to your PC. The data doesn't look suspicious, and isn't seen as torrent files. The other advantage is that you can download these files when you're not using your PC, so you're not slowing your connection by downloading torrents and surfing at the same time. Lastly, you can actually seed torrents for longer without worrying about your bandwidth on your home PC.

Can encryptions be broken? Sure, big brother is always watching. But unless you're a suspect in something dodgy its unlikely they'll bother too much.

VPN's are pretty good actually, but no service is ever 100% anonymous. There's an article here you might like to read: http://torrentfreak.com/how-nsa-proof-are-vpn-providers-131023/

The beauty of having a seedbox is that your bit torrent client is on a web server overseas. That way you're never downloading any torrents to your home PC directly, so you don't need Tor or VPN's. You just use an encrypted FTP program to download the content from your overseas server to your PC. The data doesn't look suspicious, and isn't seen as torrent files. The other advantage is that you can download these files when you're not using your PC, so you're not slowing your connection by downloading torrents and surfing at the same time. Lastly, you can actually seed torrents for longer without worrying about your bandwidth on your home PC.

Can encryptions be broken? Sure, big brother is always watching. But unless you're a suspect in something dodgy its unlikely they'll bother too much.

I currently use a free VPN but if they were to get serious with piracy I would considered paying for a VPN which usually sees your privacy taken a little more seriously or get a seedbox I guess.

With a seedbox I'd obviously still need a local ISP, right? and I know that anything I upload/seed would not count towards my data usage. Is this the case downloading? Or would anything I download still count towards my data allowance from my ISP?

I currently use a free VPN but if they were to get serious with piracy I would considered paying for a VPN which usually sees your privacy taken a little more seriously or get a seedbox I guess.

With a seedbox I'd obviously still need a local ISP, right? and I know that anything I upload/seed would not count towards my data usage. Is this the case downloading? Or would anything I download still count towards my data allowance from my ISP?

Yes, obviously what you download from a seedbox is going to count toward your ISP's download data, there's no getting around that. If you want to create your own torrents you'll need to upload the files to your seedbox, and that will use your ISP data too. But all activity in the seedbox won't affect your home ISP whatsoever.

Yes, obviously what you download from a seedbox is going to count toward your ISP's download data, there's no getting around that. If you want to create your own torrents you'll need to upload the files to your seedbox, and that will use your ISP data too. But all activity in the seedbox won't affect your home ISP whatsoever.

Cheers, will look into it further. Can you recommend/warn against any seedbox services?

The Central Park Five (2012) -Great moving documentary about how all levels of the justice system (including the media) failed in the case of 5 american teenagers accused of a heinous crime in crime ridden new york city in 1989. The way it is filmed is powerful and there is a profound undercurrent of sadness and also hindsight in their reflective thoughts on their lives which really affected me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back