Does Sewell come back in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Brad Sewell's a warrior.

He gets his hands dirty and is at his best when the heat's on.
He also is a tagger who wins the ball - not many of those around.

I would be most surprised if he doesn't get a game as soon as he's fit.

Great post, mate!

;)

That's some serious depth at a football club if you think about it. Written off then leads the team.

Going to be hard for others to come back into the team.

Bolton said they challenged Sewell this week.

Same thing happened last year and he stepped up.

Chuck him crossword puzzles, Sudoku, threaten to drop him whatever. Just challenge him and he will respond Bolts! Super game from Sewelly.

I thought he was on his last legs and that Hallahan should've been playing instead but last night was vintage Sewell. Can never write this man off.

Does need to keep that standard up if he wants to remain in the side though.

I just don't understand how people can not back Sewell. He always steps up when challenged. After his troubled start to the year he was never likely to just come in and blitz it from the word go, but this was always going to happen.

Sewell is one guy who rises to the occasion!
Every time I see one of your posts, I think " WTF, Fevola?"
Then I see the "99" and I laugh and laugh and laugh!
:thumbsu:

Ol fev hanging on 99 goals for eternity.
Ol fev hanging on the poster that deprived them against us. (Fevola09)
Ol fev...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure I'll get slated for this, but whilst Sewell was really good last night, by Christ he butchers the footy. I think this is where Hallahan has him covered, in terms of quality of disposal. Lost count of the number of times Sewell's kick went high and not so handsome in the general vicinity of our goals.

But the man didn't stop trying last night, gave absolutely everything and was one of our most important on the night. I guess in the end, you can't as for much more, especially as we won.

Sewelly always plays well against Carlton. Great to see the champ find some form. Sewell playing well, only makes us better.

I'm sure I'll get slated for this, but whilst Sewell was really good last night, by Christ he butchers the footy. I think this is where Hallahan has him covered, in terms of quality of disposal. Lost count of the number of times Sewell's kick went high and not so handsome in the general vicinity of our goals.

This!
Even if he contributed last night, not sure if he can keep this form up.

Yesterday I watched the game from the comfort of my couch. No one else was home.

Once the game was over, I turned off the TV, and walked to the fridge to get a beer, whilst thinking about the what I had just witnessed from a far from finished brad Sewell.

I opened the fridge, and there was no beer. In fact, everything in my fridge was gone. The only thing in there was a Pie, sitting neatly on a plate, with the words "humble" written on it.

I picked up the pie, and walked to the table, placing the pie in front of me. I then grabbed a napkin, tucking it neatly into the top of my shirt. I grabbed the finest cutlery I had at my house, and pierced the top of the pastry with my knife. I then sat alone, in silence for the next 20 minutes, slowly eating the pie piece by piece, chewing slowly, thinking about nothing else but Brad Sewells game, and the thread I created about him.

Moral of the story - Don't write off a champ.

Edit - Didn't scroll up and read the humble pie joke 2 posts above mine :(

Yep, Brad Sewell's a warrior.

He gets his hands dirty and is at his best when the heat's on.
He also is a tagger who wins the ball - not many of those around.

I would be most surprised if he doesn't get a game as soon as he's fit.

Hey, well said, mate

And your post was back on 14 April: you are so smat!

:cool:

Write him off at your peril, as stated he is better than the current group of Box Hill mids and a warrior.
Once he is fully fit he deserves to come back in, with Smith, Hill, Rioli we are not the one paced midfield we once were.
As Bon Jovi said "Keep the Faith"

There will come a time when the naysayers are correct, but there are those that seem eager to write off guys like Hodge and Sewell, I understand that we are a disposable society, but please enjoy them while they are around.
Everyone's time comes but there is no need to constantly push the fast forward button.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back