News Dom Cassisi to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Became my favourite player in 04 and is still one of my favourites now!
As a midfielder, you were not the biggest, or the strongest, or the most skilful, but you played like alot of the Port Adelaide players that I loved watching before we reached the AFL. You always gave it your all - courageous, tough and selfless.
Thanks Dom for all you've done for the PAFC, you have my respect and admiration and I wish you all the best in the future.

No superstar but you couldn't find a tougher in and under player.Port Adelaide champion.All good things come to an end.

Congrats on a wonderful career Dom. Always loved your work but mostly loved your selflessness and humility.

I hope you are not lost to Football.

Congrats to Dom. I'd echo the many comments here about how he led the club when captain. Seemed under-appreciated in recent times - we'll miss his one percenters and experience around the packs.

Great career Dom. Gave all you could to the captaincy. Tackling machine. Got the most out of yourself. Premiership player.
There may be some minor points on the negative side of the fence too, but now is not the time for those.

Fine servant of the PAFC ... really put your heart into it. Thankyou!

Thanks for everything Dom, true Port champion.

Watching that highlights package, makes you remember what a brutal body in the packs he was at his best- untackleable, and had that knack of getting his fingertips on the ball just before someone else did. Attacked the arms and body in his tackles and wrapped his prey up like spider catching a moth.

He's running on fumes right now but you know he'll finish Sunday's game with nothing left to give.

Love Dom.

Best of luck for his future plans.

He mustn't be in good shape though body-wise. Is there no chance he could go away and freshen up be on stand-by for September?

Is Dom Is Legend.
Well done Dom on a fabulous career, you led the club through its darkest days and will be remembered as a good captain and clubman. Its one of those feelings that I feel we have lost a true Port Adelaide boy and wish him all the best in what ever he chooses to do from Monday onwards.

Domenic Cassisi Collage Wallpapers

Click on links to get photo, then click on magnify glass on bottom right of pic to get the full size photo, then copy and paste to your computer.

DomenicCassisiBlackampWhiteCollage.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/PWIN/pw7/pw8/Wallpapers and Screensavers/DomenicCassisiBlackampWhiteCollage.jpg~original

DomenicCassisiColourSoftCollage.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/PWIN/pw7/pw8/Wallpapers and Screensavers/DomenicCassisiColourSoftCollage.jpg~original

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard Dom Cassisi will actually nominate for next years Draft and will get picked up by GWS, sound familiar?

I have heard Dom Cassisi will actually nominate for next years Draft and will get picked up by GWS, sound familiar?

I've heard you have s**t for brains, sound familiar?

I recently read this article and watched the interview -

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ide-oval/story-fnia6ojc-1226991983065?login=1

I'm a Crows supporter where I've been a huge admirer of the way Dom went about his footy - I never saw him throw in the towel out on the paddock. Having to give that speech would have to be the toughest moment in any footy player's career, and the rest of the AFL knows exactly how you feel. We all wish you and your loved ones the very best for the future. Hold your head up proud, Dom.

In no way detracting from Dom's recent decision, I only wish that a few other players (from the Crows) that struggle to put one foot in front of the other during games could show some selflessness and character and follow Dom's example.

Thankyou Dom. As a footballer you were gutsy and tenacious, as a captain you did your best at a very dark time for our great club. I have no doubt you had a very big role in holding this group together during that period. Thank you and good luck for the future!

Travis said it and one sentence. "We love him as a player but we also love him as a person" :thumbsu:

Thankyou for your effort Dom.

There's a particular contested ball to be won or denied against Aker in the 04 GF that is my favourite memory for some reason. Maybe it was the moment I knew he could be relied on.

Must. Win. For Dom.

Absolute champion

Ch 7 showed this video after the coaches pressers or at least Malthouse's. It was interestng to hear the positive comments from ex captains Harley, Carey an Matthews. Bruce made some comment about how last week there was an oral history conference and that it was great that Dom's speech was filmed and that we were let into the inner sanctum.

Well done Dom. Great career. Gave the game and club everything.
I just wish every Port player had your attitude during those horror years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back